'24 TX OT Bennett Warren (Tennessee)

Yesterday, Callahan tweeted that we already have 11 four-star guys this class. Last year, our 10th rated class had 13 four star guys and one five star guy. It feels like we're killing it. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of our three star guys, like Ginther get a ratings bump as well
He is a 4 on some sites.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Regardless he’s still not a starting OT for a championship caliber team in the SEC, and if we had an OL coach that could recruit at the level the rest of our staff could he would likely be in the portal this winter
On one hand you say you believe in CJH and CGE development then you speak in absolutes grant is not a starting championship caliber OT at this moment but to say he never will be is stupid… he is tall and long with a basketball background 3 years in a system and weight program at a very high level can develop him into a very good player… will he is still a question but to say you trust development then speak in absolutes is silly… until OL play is a problem why over critique one of the best OL coaches in college football?

Last edited:
Nope. Still working through it - I think people have a good read on the situation in this thread. Optimistic it gets sorted out but parents like Michigan.
I get a nice ranking of where you get your degree sounds nice but if he achieves his football goals and is happy in that regard, his post football aspirations will work out.

Also it’s not like he’s choosing between Michigan and Pellissipi. Get Donde on the phone with his mom and let’s get it across the finish line! Too crucial of a prospect to lose it over playing school. GBO!

I get a nice ranking of where you get your degree sounds nice but if he achieves his football goals and is happy in that regard, his post football aspirations will work out.

Also it’s not like he’s choosing between Michigan and Pellissipi. Get Donde on the phone with his mom and let’s get it across the finish line! Too crucial of a prospect to lose it over playing school. GBO!
i dont subscribe to the you went to school x or y, mentality. granted different schools have different levels of endowments and or research grants (ie research institutions), at the end of the day it's incumbent on the kid.

i cant think of any business that would hire someone with a kinesiology degree citing, 'oh he's a michigan grad', 'harr em'.

if he intends to attend a medical school ... again so much of that is mcat, extra curricular, experience, but mostly... the interview. beyond that, it's political, er who you know. i would think harvards, yales, etc have a better extended referral program.

Even in academia, its the same game.

Reactions: Helton1
You understand he’s not committed to any school, don’t you? Why are you talking about finishing 2nd and flipping him?
Last I heard we led. It wasnt until KN insinuated other factors...

TOC Wiltdong said its Meech and the Kines deal.

He's prob going to TAMU for their log burning/male cheerleader hand holding deal. At which point they'll back a Brinks truck in, but people are wise to Jumbo'a BS.

He'll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and pick TN.

Nope. Still working through it - I think people have a good read on the situation in this thread. Optimistic it gets sorted out but parents like Michigan.
Someone needs to explain to his parents that Michigan is not in the SEC, and we are. They also need to introduce them to Darnell Wright. And Michigan gets a lot colder than Tennessee.

We are obviously the superior choice.

Someone needs to explain to his parents that Michigan is not in the SEC, and we are. They also need to introduce them to Darnell Wright. And Michigan gets a lot colder than Tennessee.

We are obviously the superior choice.
They have 5 linemen committed for this cycle, including a OT.

Not a good sign that he hasn’t already committed.
You set these ridiculous deadlines for a situation as fluid as recruiting. You set yourself up for disappointment and when things don’t go exactly according to your plan you panic and start clutching your pearls. This crowd is so predictable but they’re so damn loud, it makes me wanna slam my head into a wall just reading it.

This is big boy recruiting, there’s gonna be twists and turns. I don’t know what else to tell you.

After the Pruitt press conference I would personally like us to keep Donde as far as possible from microphones/cameras and parents.

You set these ridiculous deadlines for a situation as fluid as recruiting. You set yourself up for disappointment and when things don’t go exactly according to your plan you panic and start clutching your pearls. This crowd is so predictable but they’re so damn loud, it makes me wanna slam my head into a wall just reading it.

This is big boy recruiting, there’s gonna be twists and turns. I don’t know what else to tell you.
I don’t do anything. It’s pretty obvious we are fading. Sure, we could make a surge. The more likely scenario is that we couldn’t survive the post-visit hype. I don’t have a “plan.” I’m not setting myself up for disappointment. Quite the opposite actually. In no way am I “loud” about it. It’s stating the obvious.

VN Store

Back