'24 TX OT Bennett Warren (Tennessee)

And if I’m not mistaken everyone on our board is a 90+ (247) except Jefferson who we all think ends up as a 90+
Yesterday, Callahan tweeted that we already have 11 four-star guys this class. Last year, our 10th rated class had 13 four star guys and one five star guy. It feels like we're killing it. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of our three star guys, like Ginther get a ratings bump as well

Yesterday, Callahan tweeted that we already have 11 four-star guys this class. Last year, our 10th rated class had 13 four star guys and one five star guy. It feels like we're killing it. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of our three star guys, like Ginther get a ratings bump as well
Yea I just added to CCalc for fun
Russell
Matthews
Warren
Salepega
Okoye
Ross
Franklin
Spillman
Cole
Bates

And we’d be at 289+ or 4th in country last year and while I’m sure it won’t shake out quite like that it’s not completely unreasonable.

QB - Merk
RB - Lewis / Russell
WR - Staley / Jefferson / Matthews / Wingo
TE - Echols
OL - Warren / Ginther / Perry / Satterwhite / Anderson

DL - Franklin / Gentle / Heard
Edge - Lindstrom / Ross / Okoye
LB - Burns / Spillman / Cole
Secondary - Boo / Beasley / Goree / Farooq / Cai

Players in the top 250
- Matthews
- Wingo
- Ross
- Franklin
- Merk
- Echols
- Beasley
- Staley
- Satterwhite
- Lewis
- Anderson
- Boo
- Warren
- Okoye
- if we land Cole or Singleton
- Cai

- Amari is right outside
- Braylen Russell is just outside as well

That’s 16 dudes in the top 250 with a couple more right outside. That’s an elite class.

Preferably get a OT, DL, and TE from the portal.

QB, RB, WR, IOL, Edge, LB, and the secondary are all loaded with young talent. I think those position groups are all fine.

Still don’t see Ginther as a full-time OT. My ideal would be him opposite Anderson at OG with Satterwhite manning C. Whatever the reality, I’m liking what Ellarbee is laying down so far.

I agree his long term potential is inside but as it stands right now I feel like he’ll get every chance in the world to be a RT…and I feel like he’d be a dang good one even if it’s true that he’d be a better guard

Reactions: butchna
QB - Merk
RB - Lewis / Russell
TE - Echols

Players in the top 250
- Matthews
- Wingo
- Ross
- Franklin
- Merk
- Echols
- Beasley
- Staley
- Satterwhite
- Lewis
- Anderson
- Boo
- Warren
- Okoye
- Cai

- Amari is right outside

That’s 16 dudes in the top 250 with a couple more right outside. That’s an elite class.

The best part of that class is the remaining parts are all very realistic…none of them are long shots like Rushing, Baker, Breland, etc…

I’ll get roasted for this…but my projection is exactly like yours except drop Wingo and move Boo to slot WR…that’s still an elite class but probably more like #6-8 instead of top 5

Still don’t see Ginther as a full-time OT. My ideal would be him opposite Anderson at OG with Satterwhite manning C. Whatever the reality, I’m liking what Ellarbee is laying down so far.

We've been assured by VN's best that there is cause for concern in OL recruiting. Your confidence is naive and misplaced.

I’m actually a pretty nice guy. I just don’t like mediocrity and people thinking that because I don’t coach football for a living that I don’t know ball and can’t see blatant shortcomings in a coach or player
Shouldn't it cause some introspection on your part that you are the only poster here who sees these blatant shortcomings?

Reactions: hooter vol
If we get this dude…which IMO is looking good…that would be three 4*’s that are within the top category of each website (rivals 250, ESPN 300, etc.) with another 4* who I’m willing to bet will end up inside those top categories before it’s all said and done…

That would be two OT’s inside the top category ( Warren and Ginther)…two IOL’s inside the top category (Anderson and Satterwhite)…and one (maybe two) project OT’s with very high ceilings (Perry and Heard)…

Let that sink in…we’re having debates about this staffs ability to recruit OL when that’s the haul we’re very likely to end up with

QB - Merk
RB - Lewis / Russell
TE - Echols

Players in the top 250
- Matthews
- Wingo
- Ross
- Franklin
- Merk
- Echols
- Beasley
- Staley
- Satterwhite
- Lewis
- Anderson
- Boo
- Warren
- Okoye
- Cai

- Amari is right outside

This probably what our class ends up as but I’d bet singleton over cole and I also like us for saleapaga or another tight end i prospect in general. Could be another instead of wingo but hard to project on him at this point as he’ll probably take his recruitment deep into football season.

Yea I just added to CCalc for fun
Russell
Matthews
Warren
Salepega
Okoye
Ross
Franklin
Spillman
Cole
Bates

And we’d be at 289+ or 4th in country last year and while I’m sure it won’t shake out quite like that it’s not completely unreasonable.
Russell,Matthews,Warren,Spillman,Bates,Franklin and then Ross would give us 285 which would be good for 3rd place right now. I we are going to get 6 of those 7 in that order and Ross will be the wildcard add in the fall. Then Wingo, Jefferson, Cole, Salepaga are on standby

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
This probably what our class ends up as but I’d bet singleton over cole and I also like us for saleapaga or another tight end i prospect in general. Could be another instead of wingo but hard to project on him at this point as he’ll probably take his recruitment deep into football season.
yeah not too sure who we get between Coke and Singleton, but I’m sure we get one of them.

I wouldn’t mind Saleapaga either. I’m glad we have him and Mikel visiting later in the year if we miss on some guys. I wouldn’t mind Mikel being our final WR if we don’t get Wingo. Luckily for us I’d say 95% of this class will be done so we can put more time into Wingo without losing out on some guys we may have

The best part of that class is the remaining parts are all very realistic…none of them are long shots like Rushing, Baker, Breland, etc…

I’ll get roasted for this…but my projection is exactly like yours except drop Wingo and move Boo to slot WR…that’s still an elite class but probably more like #6-8 instead of top 5
I’d keep Boo in the secondary. I’d take a flyer on Mikel if he ends up visiting in Nov and we miss Wingo

I’d keep Boo in the secondary. I’d take a flyer on Mikel if he ends up visiting in Nov and we miss Wingo
if we get most of our class in the boat before the fall we can have a full force effort on trying to get Wingo in this class. We can throw the kitchen sink at him and tell him and spend a lot of time on him.

Reactions: PA Vol
QB - Merk
RB - Lewis / Russell
TE - Echols

Players in the top 250
- Matthews
- Wingo
- Ross
- Franklin
- Merk
- Echols
- Beasley
- Staley
- Satterwhite
- Lewis
- Anderson
- Boo
- Warren
- Okoye
- Cai

- Amari is right outside

Sign me up.👍

QB - Merk
RB - Lewis / Russell
TE - Echols

Players in the top 250
- Matthews
- Wingo
- Ross
- Franklin
- Merk
- Echols
- Beasley
- Staley
- Satterwhite
- Lewis
- Anderson
- Boo
- Warren
- Okoye
- Cai

- Amari is right outside

we miss on rwingo and nab ajeff, baseball being the determining factor

Reactions: Big Orange Rob

VN Store

Back