'24 TX OT Bennett Warren (Tennessee)

I didn’t expect him to do anything. At all. IF he was going to commit, it is most likely when he have momentum out of a visit. He didn’t. That’s it. Why does everyone feel like they have to read into things more than they are? You know nothing about me or my mindset. It’s recruiting. Kids are fickle. It’s just part of it.

And in regards to Arion Carter, kids blow up all the time once their film is out. That’s how it works. You’re proving my point- we had momentum with Carter and he committed.

It seems it’s fading with Bennett. He can obviously still commit to us, but as I said- the longer it goes the worse it is for us. Michigan seems to be gaining momentum back and he is close to a commitment. @KingNico basically said the same thing but a few want to jump on me and think I’m weak minded. Jump on him too.

Maybe you should accept that someone doesn’t have your opinion on everything and let it be.
I wouldn’t say we are fading so much as there are some in his family that are big fans of Michigan and so they’re a bit of a thorn. I think sans that he’d be committed already.. doesn’t mean he won’t be eventually.

We’re in better shape than we’ve been for the last 20 years. Everyone should just remember the Clemson or Alabama or LSU or Florida game last year when you’re upset about some random recruit. Our coaches have been pretty good at making chicken salad out of what we’ve had.

All of that said, I also don’t think it’s blasphemous to say we need to continue to uplevel all of our recruiting (maybe sans QB) and we definitely need to be better specifically in our tackle recruiting. Hopefully BW is the start of that.

I wouldn’t say we are fading so much as there are some in his family that are big fans of Michigan and so they’re a bit of a thorn. I think sans that he’d be committed already.. doesn’t mean he won’t be eventually.

We’re in better shape than we’ve been for the last 20 years. Everyone should just remember the Clemson or Alabama or LSU or Florida game last year when you’re upset about some random recruit. Our coaches have been pretty good at making chicken salad out of what we’ve had.

All of that said, I also don’t think it’s blasphemous to say we need to continue to uplevel all of our recruiting (maybe sans QB) and we definitely need to be better specifically in our tackle recruiting. Hopefully BW is the start of that.
Completely agree with the bolder statements.

I guess the thing that confuses me is we're talking about kinesiology (or at least that's my understanding). It's a good field with a lot of opportunity, but the difference between the top and the bottom is a lot more condensed than, say, microbiology at Harvard vs Howard. Now, many undergrad degrees are more about the connections you can make than they are actual prestige, but that matters a lot more for graduate degrees than it does undergrad.

idk, it just seems like where you go for kinesiology probably doesn't matter that much. I have no clue what the recruit's goals are but it seems that for kinesiology the difference is probably minimal between Michigan and UT (and yes before anyone brings it up, Michigan has the #3 best public kinesiology program in the country). I'd still argue most of the value in a kinesiology degree is what do you want to make of it as opposed to the training you get.

Michigan sucks. Education is not superior that is nonsense. Perception of education at Michigan is better up north as they see all things southern negatively. Yankees and Canadians(Michigan) suck in general.

As completely wrong as one human could be. That just isn’t the perception about Southern University's at all. No clue where you even came up with this, but I guarantee it's not true.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Per AI:

The University of Michigan's School of Kinesiology is ranked #1 in the United States by the National Academy of Kinesiology (NAK). The University of Tennessee's Department of Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport Studies is ranked #36 in the United States by Niche.
Here is a table of the rankings for both schools:
School Ranking
University of Michigan #1
University of Tennessee #36

The University of Michigan's kinesiology program is known for its strong research and its focus on interdisciplinary studies. The program offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate degrees, and its graduates go on to work in a variety of fields, including physical therapy, athletic training, sports medicine, and public health.
The University of Tennessee's kinesiology program is also known for its strong research and its focus on experiential learning. The program offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate degrees, and its graduates go on to work in a variety of fields, including physical education, recreation, and sport management.
Both the University of Michigan and the University of Tennessee offer excellent kinesiology programs. However, the University of Michigan's program is ranked higher because of its stronger research reputation and its broader range of academic offerings.

Per AI:

The University of Michigan's School of Kinesiology is ranked #1 in the United States by the National Academy of Kinesiology (NAK). The University of Tennessee's Department of Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport Studies is ranked #36 in the United States by Niche.
School Ranking

The University of Michigan's kinesiology program is known for its strong research and its focus on interdisciplinary studies. The program offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate degrees, and its graduates go on to work in a variety of fields, including physical therapy, athletic training, sports medicine, and public health.
The University of Tennessee's kinesiology program is also known for its strong research and its focus on experiential learning. The program offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate degrees, and its graduates go on to work in a variety of fields, including physical education, recreation, and sport management.
Both the University of Michigan and the University of Tennessee offer excellent kinesiology programs. However, the University of Michigan's program is ranked higher because of its stronger research reputation and its broader range of academic offerings.

bunch of my buddies that went into kinesiology at UT said it was meh lol

Per AI:

School Ranking

isnt that just an overglorified personal trainer?

Per AI:

School Ranking

And they have had distinguished fellows in sports medicine of some repute. 🧐

University of Michigan reaches $490M settlement with sexual abuse accusers

Per AI:

School Ranking

The Niche rankings are bogus. I looked them up earlier.

But more to the point (and as to the Michigan's NAK ranking), as an undergraduate Warren is not going to be doing research like the advanced faculty does. What Michigan's research ranking probably means in real life is that their department gets more research grants, and that just increases Warren's odds of being taught by grad students instead of faculty members.

Research rankings are more pertinent to grad students. But even grad students are much better served to know (by that time) some of the literature and choose to go study with the individual professor(s) they think would most be interested in their proposed work. Warren's interest as an undergraduate might well be better served at Tennessee, which is by all accounts a very solid program that would prepare him for a great career or a grad school if he wanted to go that way later.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigl3327
Whoa!

I knew that someone high on Harbaugh's football staff was forced to resign over certain undisclosed use of the university computers that was apparently too embarrassing for Michigan to admit to. But I didn't know how big the problem was at Michigan!
At least AS bad as Sandusky…dating back to the 60’s. And this one never faced justice.

VN Store

Back