'24 TX OT Bennett Warren (Tennessee)

We really need this kid. We really need some legit OTs. I don't understand the struggle to get them.

Georgia has 5 OTs committed. It's absurd that we can't get one high ranked OT. And this isn't about our overall recruiting. We're doing fine overall. Hell, I think we're fine with IOL. But OT recruiting needs to ramp up. It's an absolute need that must be addressed. Where do we go if we miss on this kid?

We really need this kid. We really need some legit OTs. I don't understand the struggle to get them.

Georgia has 5 OTs committed. It's absurd that we can't get one high ranked OT. And this isn't about our overall recruiting. We're doing fine overall. Hell, I think we're fine with IOL. But OT recruiting needs to ramp up. It's an absolute need that must be addressed. Where do we go if we miss on this kid?

Transfer portal. Also you do realize many more names will pop up? You think if we miss on Warren it’s just the end of the world? It’s July.

Transfer portal. Also you do realize many more names will pop up? You think if we miss on Warren it’s just the end of the world? It’s July.
That’s not really played out that way the last couple of years…. The only two that I can think of is Tyre West and Arion Carter that wasn’t reaches…. Zero offensive lineman…… I do agree that we will utilize the transfer portal.

He had a few really good moments especially in the Bama game… he was, however, a juco player that was considered a reach when we recruited him…. I don’t think that is the type of player people are referring too.
I just mean that he and mincey were both late adds/portal and they were pretty dang good last year

I just mean that he and mincey were both late adds/portal and they were pretty dang good last year
They weee decent but neither has solidified a starting position yet although one will probably be right tackle… the convo was about new high school recruits popping bc high school tackle recruiting has been subpar…. I don’t really think that will happen although I feel this staff will always piece together a decent offensive line…… either from the portal, late juco add, or converting someone already on campus to make it work.

Reactions: VolNash17
We have an open tapestry, recruiting wise for late additions/flips imo with the NCAA penalties cleared up. We have another top flight, exciting season winding up and another like Florida (who always has defectors from their classes…sometimes after they’ve already signed!) mehing and floundering part deaux?

Comparing us to Georgia for OL recruiting isn't exactly fair lol

Comparing us to Georgia for OL recruiting isn't exactly fair lol
It wasn't meant so much as a comparison. I was noting they have 5 mostly because I'm perplexed that 5 guys want to go there and battle it out with each other. Sure, maybe a couple of those guys slide inside, but there are only two OT spots, and Georgia seems to sign multiple every class. And here we are, a premiere program IMO, with an actual need at the position, yet we're struggling to recruit the position. I really don't understand the "why" here. I know some like to blame Elarbee, but the path to playing time is there for an elite OT to come in and take.

Again, this isn't a criticism of overall recruiting. I'm just baffled as to why we're struggling at this one position. Especially when we just had an OT go in the Top 10 of the draft. It makes no sense.

It wasn't meant so much as a comparison. I was noting they have 5 mostly because I'm perplexed that 5 guys want to go there and battle it out with each other. Sure, maybe a couple of those guys slide inside, but there are only two OT spots, and Georgia seems to sign multiple every class. And here we are, a premiere program IMO, with an actual need at the position, yet we're struggling to recruit the position. I really don't understand the "why" here. I know some like to blame Elarbee, but the path to playing time is there for an elite OT to come in and take.

Again, this isn't a criticism of overall recruiting. I'm just baffled as to why we're struggling at this one position. Especially when we just had an OT go in the Top 10 of the draft. It makes no sense.

Vols haven’t been good for the entire time the kids we’re recruiting now have been paying attention to football.

Is that a terrypedigo sighting? What’s it been like 8-9 years?
I think so but will have to wait for a more substantive post to be sure before saying with any authority that that is absolutely him although I could be wrong as I am a lot but think I am correct in this instance

Vols lead per Michigan On3 mod…

I've tried to get some info on Warren today since we haven't had a true update on him in a while. I reached out to Warren, who politely declined an interview. He's trying to stay out of the spotlight. From everything I've gathered, this is still a tough battle between Michigan and Tennessee. However, I would give Tennessee the slight advantage today. I never logged a pick for Warren. He's also changed his mind quite a bit throughout the process. If Michigan misses on Warren, I still have reason to believe they explore a couple of other OLs.

VN Store

Back