'24 TX OT Bennett Warren (Tennessee)

I’m on my phone and typing books sucks. But you know like I know we all had hopes of a top 5 class. Sure, we’re landing 4 stars. But so is almost every sec team. Hence why as good as our class is, right now, we’re still only 6th in the SEC. We’ve had momentum with a ton of elite guys only to see them go elsewhere.

I could go on but why bother. You see everything as sunshine and butterflies and woohoo go Vols!!! Cool. I’m more objective. So let’s agree to disagree.
Not agreeing with you about anything. I see the pure arrogance and narrow mind coming out of you now...telling me who I am, and how I see things. That's not the good bullsh!t i was talking about; more like old and stale bullsh!t...boring and predictable. Did you just come up with "sunshine" on your own?

I could go on but why bother. You see everything as sunshine and butterflies and woohoo go Vols!!! Cool. I’m more objective. So let’s agree to disagree.

I'm an engineer. We are known for objectivity and pragmatism. I am absolutely not a sunshine pumper, but I refuse to obsess over problems I can't solve or things I can't change. There are perfectly reasonable answers for recruiting struggles like pending NCAA judgements, but you objective folk go to blaming the staff for being unable to close. That really doesn't look objective, it looks arbitrarily negative.

It is entirely possible that they can't close, but the water is muddy enough that really hasn't been proven yet.

I'm an engineer. We are known for objectivity and pragmatism. I am absolutely not a sunshine pumper, but I refuse to obsess over problems I can't solve or things I can't change. There are perfectly reasonable answers for recruiting struggles like pending NCAA judgements, but you objective folk go to blaming the staff for being unable to close. That really doesn't look objective, it looks arbitrarily negative.

It is entirely possible that they can't close, but the water is muddy enough that really hasn't been proven yet.
Engineers are known for objectivity? Staring at 1 spot and describing all the minutae is objective?

You sell stuff right? Not sure objectivity is in your wheelhouse.
lol, fair enough.

I will add though that at this level of sales we would be up the creek without our engineer's subjectivity. I have a great deal of respect for that brain.

lol, fair enough.

I will add though that at this level of sales we would be up the creek without our engineer's subjectivity. I have a great deal of respect for that brain.

Problem solving is creative, but I would never call it subjective.

Not agreeing with you about anything. I see the pure arrogance and narrow mind coming out of you now...telling me who I am, and how I see things. That's not the good bullsh!t i was talking about; more like old and stale bullsh!t...boring and predictable. Did you just come up with "sunshine" on your own?

I'll solve it...

Jake Merklinger
Jonathan Echols
Kaleb Beasley
Braylon Staley (offered this kid in February, he took two visits, then committed. Not only a "close", but a damn quick one on a top 150 player)
Peyton Lewis
William Satterwhite
Max Anderson
Boo Carter
Kellen Lindstrom
Nico Iamaleava
Daevin Hobbs (not including an unofficial visit to Knoxville, this kid's last four visits before he committed were to Ohio St, Michigan, Alabama, and UGA...he committed to us about 2 weeks or so after his official visit to UGA, and a month after his official to Bama; those were his last two visits...but, yeah, you're right...guess that doesn't count as a "close")
Nathan Leacock
Caleb Herring
Arion Carter (this kid already had his locker picked out at Bama before we swooped in and "closed", leaving Pete Golding in the car outside his gym)
Cam Seldon (go ask @Plove23 about our staff's "close")
Chandavian Bradley
Ethan Davis
Jordan Matthews (this kid had the staff's "close" delivered to his school in a briefcase)
Addison Nichols (two of this kid's officials were to UGA and Ohio St...Heupel had been on campus about 15 mins before "closing" him)
Tyre West (flipped this kid from UGA to "close" him)
James Pearce (fought off UGA to "close" this kid)
Joshua Josephs
Squirrel White (again, fought off UGA to "close"....again)

I could go on, but this looks sufficient "closing" to me.

UGA, Bama, Ohio St get whoever they want...at the moment, we are not UGA, Bama, or Ohio St; the second those of you around here realize this, and accept it, this recruiting thing will make a bit better sense. For every other school that is not those three, recruiting is a grind...USC, Oregon, Texas, Oklahoma, Michigan, Auburn, Florida, etc...they all either use the term "fluid", or they have their own word for it.

Close.

Aren't we supposed to get them all?

I'll solve it...

Jake Merklinger
Jonathan Echols
Kaleb Beasley
Braylon Staley (offered this kid in February, he took two visits, then committed. Not only a "close", but a damn quick one on a top 150 player)
Peyton Lewis
William Satterwhite
Max Anderson
Boo Carter
Kellen Lindstrom
Nico Iamaleava
Daevin Hobbs (not including an unofficial visit to Knoxville, this kid's last four visits before he committed were to Ohio St, Michigan, Alabama, and UGA...he committed to us about 2 weeks or so after his official visit to UGA, and a month after his official to Bama; those were his last two visits...but, yeah, you're right...guess that doesn't count as a "close")
Nathan Leacock
Caleb Herring
Arion Carter (this kid already had his locker picked out at Bama before we swooped in and "closed", leaving Pete Golding in the car outside his gym)
Cam Seldon (go ask @Plove23 about our staff's "close")
Chandavian Bradley
Ethan Davis
Jordan Matthews (this kid had the staff's "close" delivered to his school in a briefcase)
Addison Nichols (two of this kid's officials were to UGA and Ohio St...Heupel had been on campus about 15 mins before "closing" him)
Tyre West (flipped this kid from UGA to "close" him)
James Pearce (fought off UGA to "close" this kid)
Joshua Josephs
Squirrel White (again, fought off UGA to "close"....again)

I could go on, but this looks sufficient "closing" to me.

UGA, Bama, Ohio St get whoever they want...at the moment, we are not UGA, Bama, or Ohio St; the second those of you around here realize this, and accept it, this recruiting thing will make a bit better sense. For every other school that is not those three, recruiting is a grind...USC, Oregon, Texas, Oklahoma, Michigan, Auburn, Florida, etc...they all either use the term "fluid", or they have their own word for it.

Close.
To much common sense. In CHRIST Alone

Just offer the Mr Football award winners from Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and call it a day

We're Vols!!

Pulled that out of the HOLE in his ROOF. 😏

How do we have a top 10 class if we miss on every recruit? Also show us where he committed and signed his LOI already.
Somehow folks can’t put it all in perspective.

We know about and talk about a few guys and usually because AP or someone hyped their recruitment. UT is recruiting a lot more kids than those and no one outside the staff truly knows how they compare

I’m on my phone and typing books sucks. But you know like I know we all had hopes of a top 5 class. Sure, we’re landing 4 stars. But so is almost every sec team. Hence why as good as our class is, right now, we’re still only 6th in the SEC. We’ve had momentum with a ton of elite guys only to see them go elsewhere.

I’m sure your continuous crying is going to help matters much.

1689377351212.gif

I think….we’re probably further along than what we thought we would be when Heupel was hired. But I get it I think everyone here if they’re being honest thought we could close some of these elite guys and be hopefully a top five class. I think also everyone here wants top five classes, I do think several think any criticism of the staff whether warranted or not is interpreted as antiHeupel, antiVol, etc.

I thought we would do better particularly at landing Dline with CRG. Hasn’t happened this year. I think ultimately Heupel and Banks possibly start to land more elite guys with more on field success. JMO

Everyone I believe if they’re being honest thought our class would be much better than it is going into August.

VN Store

Back