'24 TX OT Bennett Warren (Tennessee)

depending on what he wants to major in, UT can hang with just about anyone in academics...
Que someone coming in defense of Michigan to tell you how much better they are....... happens every time. There's always someone to stick up for our enemies and let us all know how stunning and brave they are.

Que someone coming in defense of Michigan to tell you how much better they are....... happens every time. There's always someone to stick up for our enemies and let us all know how stunning and brave they are.
One of the discussions was about academics. They are a highly rated school.

If it were my choice however I would choose UT 100 times out of 100 and that's without regard to being a fan. UT also does some "specialty" things that aren't easy to calculate into a comparison like aerospace and forensics. OTOH, Michigan has a top 15 medical research school which probably is counted in. I think the gist of the argument was that someone here had suggested there were no good reasons to favor Michigan and others corrected that false notion.

depending on what he wants to major in, UT can hang with just about anyone in academics...
Michigan is rated higher overall. UT is better in some fields. Regardless his education will depend much more on what he puts into it than any other factor. Athletes have an incredible opportunity to access learning resources that most students can't.

Think he commits before Amari Jefferson decides on 8/5. If we land him and have a month-long stretch of Satterwhite, Matthews, Spillman, Bates, and Warren then I'd say that's not too shabby.

And reading tea leaves...I think Vols make a huge move with Chris Cole by the end of this month. AP was hinting towards a lot of positive Vol momentum around him with an August decision in mind.

I’m going to say announcement incoming before the end of July!
weekend-at-bernies-ill-allow-it.gif

One of the discussions was about academics. They are a highly rated school.

If it were my choice however I would choose UT 100 times out of 100 and that's without regard to being a fan. UT also does some "specialty" things that aren't easy to calculate into a comparison like aerospace and forensics. OTOH, Michigan has a top 15 medical research school which probably is counted in. I think the gist of the argument was that someone here had suggested there were no good reasons to favor Michigan and others corrected that false notion.
I don't care. It's annoying and it happens every and any time someone says something negative about another program or school. Our enemies don't need special pleaders in here. Screw 'em.

Reactions: DarthVol1
I have been listening to the Volquest podcast, and Austin Price indicated to watch for TX A&M as a compromise choice, if he actually decides to visit A&M, since it is close to home, etc. He also said that at this point that he only seems to be communicating with coaches from Tennessee and Michigan at this time, and no one else, in the sense that Price can't get any information from sources on what is going on with him now, and which way he may be leaning.

I have been listening to the Volquest podcast, and Austin Price indicated to watch for TX A&M as a compromise choice, if he actually decides to visit A&M, since it is close to home, etc. He also said that at this point that he only seems to be communicating with coaches from Tennessee and Michigan at this time, and no one else, in the sense that Price can't get any information from sources on what is going on with him now, and which way he may be leaning.
I am not sure how TAMU is a compromise....

Well, I’d say Jimbo is having a great time at TAMU

Not many jobs pay you $100M to miss bowls and finish well below expectations each season
The problem there seems to be unreasonable expectations. Jimbo Fisher is performing exactly as I would expect him to perform as head coach at TAMU. He has always been highly overrated as a head coach.

VN Store

Back