'24 TX OT Bennett Warren (Tennessee)

Debating the effect of Academic rankings of universities is so silly except maybe an Ivy League. In my experience in industry once you get that degree to get past the gatekeep it becomes personality, skills, experience, and who you know when it comes to landing great jobs.

Last edited:
Doesn’t change the fact that they are right quite often. I have never understood why some people give insiders crap when they get things wrong. Do you think it’s easy to speculate what a 17 or 18 year old kid is going to do? They can only go off the info they are given.
I'm not giving anyone crap. I don't care where the info comes from as long as it's right.

Reactions: BADGER_VOL
Them winning the Joe Moore award in 21-22' for back to back years best offensive line definitely doesn't help us im sure.Plus I think they had the Remington winner at center(Weird named dude)...Those dudes only allowed 13 sacks all season that's unheard of honestly.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Them winning the Joe Moore award in 21-22' for back to back years best offensive line definitely doesn't help us im sure.Plus I think they had the Remington winner at center(Weird named dude)...Those dudes only allowed 13 sacks all season that's unheard of honestly.
They only allowed 13 sacks because they ran the sh!+ out of the football.

It's definitely not NIL related. His parents love the academics at Michigan. As a parent I can appreciate that, but it's not like UT is a bad academics school. No clue what he wants to major in, that could decide it.
My son is in grad school at Michigan; they are ranked no. 2 among public schools. UT can't come close to that; what blows my mind is Florida can.

My son is in grad school at Michigan; they are ranked no. 2 among public schools. UT can't come close to that; what blows my mind is Florida can.
Again over and over. Can these metics citing the ranking actually be proved, or is it opinions ? I’ll save you the time its opinions. The success of a person with either degree is dependent upon the individual.

Again over and over. Can these metics citing the ranking actually be proved, or is it opinions ? I’ll save you the time its opinions. The success of a person with either degree is dependent upon the individual.
Beyond these rankings being somewhat subjective

It just seems rather dumb for the parents to be that hellbent on Michigan's academics over ours.

It doesn't really matter that much if he's playing football. There's like a 50% chance he actually uses his degree. And it's not like he would be at all doomed if he had a degree from UT.

We really need this kid. We really need some legit OTs. I don't understand the struggle to get them.

Georgia has 5 OTs committed. It's absurd that we can't get one high ranked OT. And this isn't about our overall recruiting. We're doing fine overall. Hell, I think we're fine with IOL. But OT recruiting needs to ramp up. It's an absolute need that must be addressed. Where do we go if we miss on this kid?

Portal

Tennessee is a land grant university, so it’s always going to be tough to climb into the top 20 overall in academic rankings. The problem is we continue to have a high freshman turnover rate, but we’ve worked like heck to try and bring it down.

That being said, several of our programs are elite.

Tennessee is a land grant university, so it’s always going to be tough to climb into the top 20 overall in academic rankings. The problem is we continue to have a high freshman turnover rate, but we’ve worked like heck to try and bring it down.

That being said, several of our programs are elite.
We ain’t come here to play school

Beyond these rankings being somewhat subjective

It just seems rather dumb for the parents to be that hellbent on Michigan's academics over ours.

It doesn't really matter that much if he's playing football. There's like a 50% chance he actually uses his degree. And it's not like he would be at all doomed if he had a degree from UT.
It really all depends on what the individual person wants to major in imo. For example if a person wants to go into the medical field I'd say vandy is the best option. You can't just lump all academics into a broad spectrum. Every school has something they strive in. But every school is going to offer a better than standard education as well.

The Standard education in my mind is community College.

Pick your favorite ranking as there are so many out there and ole BTW, they are not all the same because it is the opinion of who makes the metrics as to what is most important.

💯 it's not like you can't still be successful if the school is not top ranked in your field... it's more of what you make of it in my opinion. They should really talk to J Dobbs parents.

The piece of paper matters. The name on the piece of paper matters.

A more valuable piece of paper opens more doors.

Once you choose a door, and walk through it, it becomes much more about the individual.

VN Store

Back