'24 TX OT Bennett Warren (Tennessee)

At that level of universities I wouldn't even worry about academics. You'd get a great education at both. It's not like it's a community College against Harvard.

Any company that would reject a diploma just cause its from Tennessee would do the same from Michigan imo.
All I’m saying is I’m a UT grad that got a job in Ann Arbor over a lot of Michigan grads lol. It’s way less dramatic than people are making it seem.

All I’m saying is I’m a UT grad that got a job in Ann Arbor over a lot of Michigan grads lol. It’s way less dramatic than people are making it seem.
It is WAY overblown. I will bet lots of money that whatever he ends up getting a degree in will be no different in his job market whether it is from UM or UT. The connections in the job market from his school will be the only thing that is different. And UT connections in his particular career field will probably carry the same weight as UM. It is college marketing departments that perpetuate the false narrative.

Reactions: PA Vol
Debating the effect of Academic rankings of universities is so silly except maybe an Ivy League. In my experience in industry once you get that degree to get past the gatekeep it becomes personality, skills, experience, and who you know when it comes to landing great jobs.
100% this. I probably hired 15 academics in my previous role and didn’t even care about the College or GPA. That really only matters if you’re looking to prove your worth for a big first time job with no relevant experience.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
It is WAY overblown. I will bet lots of money that whatever he ends up getting a degree in will be no different in his job market whether it is from UM or UT. The connections in the job market from his school will be the only thing that is different. And UT connections in his particular career field will probably carry the same weight as UM. It is college marketing departments that perpetuate the false narrative.

In this thread it is one family’s analysis on the subject that matters. The topic is way too subjective. Where it is on their priority checklist is also their option. We could lose this battle but win the war based on their complete analysis of what is the best decision for him.

The piece of paper matters. The name on the piece of paper matters.

A more valuable piece of paper opens more doors.

Once you choose a door, and walk through it, it becomes much more about the individual.
Ridiculous take. It not like one piece of the magical paper is from Central Alabama University for the hearing and sight impaired tech. Please…

Just tweeted the big guy and said we needed him in the boat. He replied, “I’m already on board brother.” We’re good here.
i-dont-believe-you.gif

VN Store

Back