'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

Production wise yes...star wise I’d give it to butch..his problem was under developed talent. Unfortunately we will never really know what we had,but some of his players are in the NFL so that tells you something..seriously
Quality is stars. Pruitts last two classes were/are better than Butch’s two best. Butch’s 4-5 stars, if I remember correctly, some had significant injuries and we took them because others backed off.
But he had a few that are stars.
5 star Kamara
4 star Tuttle
4 star Barnett
3 star Mosley

Khalil, Kongbo, Dillon Bates, Richmond, Jack Jones, Todd Kelly, Gavin Bryant, that one RB that went to ECU or whatever, that other high 4 star DE that Barnett beat out, etc. where are these “stars”

Most of Butch’s “stars” were ass and should have never been rated that high.

Last edited:
Monte Kiffin is not getting enough credit for Lane's 1 year at TN. His defense w/Eric Berry played big parts in most of the wins. He could shut down traditional pro style offenses, but had trouble with spread offenses (Ole Miss and VT for example).

Lane was good at preparing the offensive game plan but not so good at in-game adjustments.
Prime example was the USCjr Halloween black shirt game. Lane schemed up a 1st play TD pass over the middle to the fullback against USCJr. UT jumped out to a 14 -0 lead and had to hold on because USCJr defense adjusted and shut down Lane's offense the rest of the game. Monte's defense pretty much shut down USCJr Offense all game and deserved credit for the win.
We scored 31 points and won by 18. Defense did their part but so did the offense with small O-Linemen and a QB that looked terrible the year before.

Man I have been screaming this whole argument when it came to crompton and that whole football team...crompton still thanks Kiffin for saving his career here to where it was a decent one...nobody also acknowledges hardesty was hurt that season and kiffin didn’t really have much to work with and almost beat bama 👀🤷🏽‍♂️🤐🥱 but kiffin built around his skill players that’s what separates a great coach from a good coach...kiffin is a great play caller and X and O’s guy,he will do good at Ole Miss in a few years.i can promise you all that.everyone in here who hates him is a hypocrite because he left for his dream job and anyone else would have done the same thing just in a different “more professional “ manner.Kiffin was young and admitted his wrongs.ive moved past it.we all should.
Pfffy

Monte Kiffin is not getting enough credit for Lane's 1 year at TN. His defense w/Eric Berry played big parts in most of the wins. He could shut down traditional pro style offenses, but had trouble with spread offenses (Ole Miss and VT for example).

Lane was good at preparing the offensive game plan but not so good at in-game adjustments.
Prime example was the USCjr Halloween black shirt game. Lane schemed up a 1st play TD pass over the middle to the fullback against USCJr. UT jumped out to a 14 -0 lead and had to hold on because USCJr defense adjusted and shut down Lane's offense the rest of the game. Monte's defense pretty much shut down USCJr Offense all game and deserved credit for the win.
Monty was the only reason I kind of signed off on Lanes hiring.

Kiffin and Pruitt are both damn good coaches. But Evans has a chance to run behind one of the best O lines in the country next year and split carries with two other running backs to not be over used here. Plus, there is barely any comparison between our programs.

Just another day for this kid
The fact that this kids recruitment is looking like it will last well into the summer is both exciting and exhausting all at once. I'm glad there will be a recruit that I can follow while there is no football or basketball to watch, but I also don't want to deal with this for the next 6 months...

At least we know we'll have Eric Grey for 2 more years. Makes this guy feel like less of a need and more of a cherry on top.

Reactions: GojiraVol17
I'm all about enjoying the process. He's had 3-4 years to enjoy it.

There's a smart and classy way to enjoy the process. This ain't it.

Dude thinks he's bigger than the game. He's gonna get burned if he keeps pushin'.
Then he gets burned, who cares? He will not make or break our recruiting class . He is not worth the anxiety some are displaying in VN.

Kiffin and Pruitt are both damn good coaches. But Evans has a chance to run behind one of the best O lines in the country next year and split carries with two other running backs to not be over used here. Plus, there is barely any comparison between our programs.
Muffin is style over substance as a HC. If he was not brash no one would know who he is based on HC accomplishments.

Quality is stars. Pruitts last two classes were/are better than Butch’s two best. Butch’s 4-5 stars, if I remember correctly, some had significant injuries and we took them because others backed off.
But he had a few that are stars.
5 star Kamara
4 star Tuttle
4 star Barnett
3 star Mosley

Khalil, Kongbo, Dillon Bates, Richmond, Jack Jones, Todd Kelly, Gavin Bryant, that one RB that went to ECU or whatever, that other high 4 star DE that Barnett beat out, etc. where are these “stars”

Most of Butch’s “stars” were ass and should have never been rated that high.
A few more ...
Kyle Phillips (5 star)
Trey Smith (5 star)
Preston Williams (5 star - I think on some services)
Josh Malone (borderline 5 star)
Jalen Hurd (borderline 5 star)

Butch sold a lot of really good players on his vision/used car pitch... He just failed to develop them.

Might not want to waste anymore of your personal time and let this thread die until he shows up on a campus somewhere and actually enrolls/attends classes.
View attachment 258569
Similar to what I posted last night. Waste of productivity to even give Evans 5 seconds of thought until the summer.

VN Store

Back