'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

Monte Kiffin is not getting enough credit for Lane's 1 year at TN. His defense w/Eric Berry played big parts in most of the wins. He could shut down traditional pro style offenses, but had trouble with spread offenses (Ole Miss and VT for example).

Lane was good at preparing the offensive game plan but not so good at in-game adjustments.
Prime example was the USCjr Halloween black shirt game. Lane schemed up a 1st play TD pass over the middle to the fullback against USCJr. UT jumped out to a 14 -0 lead and had to hold on because USCJr defense adjusted and shut down Lane's offense the rest of the game. Monte's defense pretty much shut down USCJr Offense all game and deserved credit for the win.

Man I have been screaming this whole argument when it came to crompton and that whole football team...crompton still thanks Kiffin for saving his career here to where it was a decent one...nobody also acknowledges hardesty was hurt that season and kiffin didn’t really have much to work with and almost beat bama 👀🤷🏽‍♂️🤐🥱 but kiffin built around his skill players that’s what separates a great coach from a good coach...kiffin is a great play caller and X and O’s guy,he will do good at Ole Miss in a few years.i can promise you all that.everyone in here who hates him is a hypocrite because he left for his dream job and anyone else would have done the same thing just in a different “more professional “ manner.Kiffin was young and admitted his wrongs.ive moved past it.we all should.

Exactly common sense and logic is missing a lot. Bryce Brown had 500 yd Oku and Taurean Poole with a hs OL LOL

Dang @de1conley not feeling any love here.

Thought we had got it all worked out on the do what’s best for ya with the Willis thread. 🤦‍♂️

No its all good man ppl bash the kid, then we get him here and then its Oooo Ooo we gonna get him, now because it didn't just happen overnight now the silly bs starts again.

Don’t forget the damn 6th year medical waver on the OL dude was on his last leg👀🙄😂😂
They forget all of this. Just type and bash over hurt from 2011. I've been in TN my whole entire life but the chance to make more money and live in LA at a school kids dream about before they're born on the West Coast. It was a no brainer vs doing a rebuild in Knoxville. Hell we're still in rebuild mode 2 coaches later. Just hv faith in what we have and know CJP is doing things right. There was a time i hated to see 865 pop up on my phone now i enjoy it again whether its a kid or a coach.

I hope this kid gets the best opportunity for him. Of course I think it’s UT. A lot of that is me being a fan. But in this case, I think LK may have got things together better than in the past but CJP would be more of the type of coach that can help him grow not just on but off the field as well. We also have a pretty impressive OL to run behind the next few years and a wide open opportunity to earn playing time. With our D and bailey, if we get this kid then it could be a real special run that’s starting. I think it will be regardless but this would really help.

They forget all of this. Just type and bash over hurt from 2011. I've been in TN my whole entire life but the chance to make more money and live in LA at a school kids dream about before they're born on the West Coast. It was a no brainer vs doing a rebuild in Knoxville. Hell we're still in rebuild mode 2 coaches later. Just hv faith in what we have and know CJP is doing things right. There was a time i hated to see 865 pop up on my phone now i enjoy it again whether its a kid or a coach.
Your a good dude and put up with alot of bs on here.I enjoy your insight and post on here.

Well that's clear as mud.
I think ap does what the coaches ask him to do! So if the coaches ask him to not say they visited him so ole miss thinks it’s just them and has no clue about Tennessee it gives us a leg up! Go listen to swain he explains it pretty well about how some of the recruiting guys hide information for coaches so they stay in the know

Can you do home visits with kids after their recruiting cycle is over? Just last week VQ acted like you couldn’t now they say Pruitt saving it for March... such a weird recruitment that is all over

There are two different types of"projects" a really good coach can develop. The physical ones and the psychological ones. Pruitt seems to be able to develop both. Seems to me getting Jennings, Warrior, Middleton, and even Guarantano to where they are now provides evidence he can develop the psychological side.

From all indications Banks is being brought back. I'm betting Pruitt would be one of the best things that could happen to Evans and if he comes and is successful here it would help his recruiting status in the future.

Sign Evans up

This isn’t your typical “thug” recruit. Most of us grew up without any thing like the spot light this kid is going through. I can’t imagine how I would have handled everyone telling me what I should do everywhere I turn and not having my mentor, my Dad, there to guide me through it. People need to chill on this kid and let him do his thing and make his decision. He has a long road infront of him but he will also surround himself with some good mentor ship in this program Pruitt has BUILT. He understands the VOLS are more than likely the best all around scenario for him. He also wants to make sure he is making the absolute best decision he can for his life. I get it too.
What is a typical thug recruit? Thugs don't go to college and play sports.

Reactions: SalVolinus
Quality wise, this years class and last years are better than anything Butch had.
Sorry @T Dog i know you hate when I use those numbers

Production wise yes...star wise I’d give it to butch..his problem was under developed talent. Unfortunately we will never really know what we had,but some of his players are in the NFL so that tells you something..seriously

“ Zach was in Nashville on Friday and Saturday. Ole Miss including Kiffin met with him on Friday. Tennessee did not meet with him at their choosing because they wanted to save that visit with Pruitt for March because they don’t believe this ends on Wednesday. I expect him to visit somewhere, likely Florida in March.”

AP
Will there a another scholarship freed up by March?

VN Store

Back