'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

“ Zach was in Nashville on Friday and Saturday. Ole Miss including Kiffin met with him on Friday. Tennessee did not meet with him at their choosing because they wanted to save that visit with Pruitt for March because they don’t believe this ends on Wednesday. I expect him to visit somewhere, likely Florida in March.”

AP
They actually did LOL that's why I'm not arguing with foolish logic of rabid fans who know absolutely nothing.

Well that's clear as mud.

Honestly I'm as lost as you all are. One day its this the next its this and back and forth and so on. Talked to him and his brother last night during the SB and clearly not sure they know but a recruiting release from him is coming soon. Definitely doen to UT and Ole Miss

Tell Zach to look at TN OL compared to Ole Miss. Tell him Ole Miss Qb runs all the time and will take away lots of Zachs carries.

Eh, he’s a con. Had some moments at Tennessee but Chaney was the OC at the time. Botched a 5 star line up at USC. Looked great with loaded rosters at Alabama. And had one good year at FAU with Kendall Briles as the OC. I think people rate him higher than he actually should be. Couple that with his off the field nonsense and I have no idea why he has so many nut huggers on this board.

Some of yawl will say anything just to make something conform to a pro-UT argument. In the one year Kiffin/Chaney were together Kiffin called plays and they both coached the qbs. I was there and witnessed this. At USC he didn't botch anything guys left due to sanctions and then they were put on a 15 scholarship per yr restriction finished 28-18. In beautiful Boca Raton he was the HC/OC look it up he was there 3 yrs and won 2 conf titles and 2- 11 win seasons. At Alabama he was the OC and Hurts was chosen OPOY in the SEC and Bama was rolling. Him and Saban didn't see eye to eye on him not focusing on just Alabama and let him go before the NC and we saw the results. They're 1-3 since he left and complety missed the playoffs this year. 🤫🤫🤫🤫 all facts not a opinion based UT orange rant. The guy won here with Crompton and 3 walk on OL guys who were average at best and were whooped weekly. So come on with the downplaying bs.

Here's my realism take with Kiffin... Lots of people don't like him because of history at UT. He has been arrogant and he still rubs people the wrong way sometimes. But he's smart, he is a brilliant on-field coach, and he has probably matured in the last few years. I'm very happy we don't play OM every year, and I think he has Hugh Freeze-level or better success in the SEC west. Much like Pruitt, his players love him, but probably for different reasons.

Well that's clear as mud.

Let me mk this clear, there was a driveby in which there was an understanding of this is our plan and so on. Agreement on both sides and then the Kiff mtg. Point being Kiffin and Ole Miss hv exhausted all measures early. UT is smart to do what they did because it leaves all options open down the road. This is a can't miss recruit and you hv to play chess to kp that last play available when the opponent is going fast and wasting moves. Only ones panicking are on message boards not in the coaching offices.

Some of yawl will say anything just to make something conform to a pro-UT argument. In the one year Kiffin/Chaney were together Kiffin called plays and they both coached the qbs. I was there and witnessed this. At USC he didn't botch anything guys left due to sanctions and then they were put on a 15 scholarship per yr restriction finished 28-18. In beautiful Boca Raton he was the HC/OC look it up he was there 3 yrs and won 2 conf titles and 2- 11 win seasons. At Alabama he was the OC and Hurts was chosen OPOY in the SEC and Bama was rolling. Him and Saban didn't see eye to eye on him not focusing on just Alabama and let him go before the NC and we saw the results. They're 1-3 since he left and complety missed the playoffs this year. 🤫🤫🤫🤫 all facts not a opinion based UT orange rant. The guy won here with Crompton and 3 walk on OL guys who were average at best and were whooped weekly. So come on with the downplaying bs.

I won't disagree with any of that. It sounds very credible and I agree. However Kiffin underachieved at Tennessee by at least 1 game. He was left with 8 win talent ( I will say according to Doug Matthews) he only won 7 and then sent the program into dumpster fire level by bolting for USC right in the middle of recruiting. It has been proven to be a bad hire by Tennessee.

Yep. He's a PoS but willing to do the dirty things needed to win

Let me mk this clear, there was a driveby in which there was an understanding of this is our plan and so on. Agreement on both sides and then the Kiff mtg. Point being Kiffin and Ole Miss hv exhausted all measures early. UT is smart to do what they did because it leaves all options open down the road. This is a can't miss recruit and you hv to play chess to kp that last play available when the opponent is going fast and wasting moves. Only ones panicking are on message boards not in the coaching offices.
Makes sense.

Kiffin's one recruiting class at Tennessee proved to be one of if not the worst recruiting class in Tennessee recruiting history. At the time, he was a punk and UT got what it bargained for when they hired him. The best thing Kiffin did for Tennessee was to leave.

Id take 4 years of Kiffin (assuming he stayed) over Butch and Dooley.

I won't disagree with any of that. It sounds very credible and I agree. However Kiffin underachieved at Tennessee by at least 1 game. He was left with 8 win talent ( I will say according to Doug Matthews) he only won 7 and then sent the program into dumpster fire level by bolting for USC right in the middle of recruiting. It has been proven to be a bad hire by Tennessee.

Lets be real the only person sending anything into a dumpster fire was the damn AD Mike Hamilton. He made a ****** hire in Dooley whonwas NOT qualified for this job at all. If he makes a competent hire then UT would likely have a different level of prestige with recruits of today vs having to beg upper tier guys. Then we know the next hire and the bridges they burned but I'm not going there. There is absolutely no basis to what Dingleberry Matthews has to say. He's as clueless as they come outside of Xs and Os.

Man I have been screaming this whole argument when it came to crompton and that whole football team...crompton still thanks Kiffin for saving his career here to where it was a decent one...nobody also acknowledges hardesty was hurt that season and kiffin didn’t really have much to work with and almost beat bama 👀🤷🏽‍♂️🤐🥱 but kiffin built around his skill players that’s what separates a great coach from a good coach...kiffin is a great play caller and X and O’s guy,he will do good at Ole Miss in a few years.i can promise you all that.everyone in here who hates him is a hypocrite because he left for his dream job and anyone else would have done the same thing just in a different “more professional “ manner.Kiffin was young and admitted his wrongs.ive moved past it.we all should.

So his biggest claim to fame at Tennessee was Jonathan Crompton and you openly admit he worked in unison with Chaney to turn around Crompton’s senior year. Regardless of the sanctions at USC he inherited a dynasty from Pete Carroll and had his team quit on him, lost to a below .500 Ga Tech team in a bowl game, and got left the following year on the tarmac in Tempe, AZ. Funny how Orgeron took over the same team and rallied them to a solid season. And I think a make a wish kid could have been a successful OC at Alabama. To say Kiffin did something with a program already winning championships is laughable. And the reason he got fired was because he was banging a prominent booster’s wife. And you can point out whatever title he gave himself, but the only year FAU did anything impressive was the year Kendall Briles was there, which is why power 5 schools were trying to ignore what happened at Baylor to bring Briles to their school, us included. If you like Kiffin personally, that’s cool. But I’ve seen his act going all the way back to his days in Oakland. I also know how he was off the field based on who I know and what I seen with my own eyes during his one year in Knoxville. I just don’t buy what he’s selling whether you guys in Nashville do or not. We’ll see how great he is in a couple of years

Last edited:
Lets be real the only person sending anything into a dumpster fire was the damn AD Mike Hamilton. He made a ****** hire in Dooley whonwas NOT qualified for this job at all. If he makes a competent hire then UT would likely have a different level of prestige with recruits of today vs having to beg upper tier guys. Then we know the next hire and the bridges they burned but I'm not going there. There is absolutely no basis to what Dingleberry Matthews has to say. He's as clueless as they come outside of Xs and Os.
I love it when someone calls someone else a dingleberry. I lol every time

Kiffin's one recruiting class at Tennessee proved to be one of if not the worst recruiting class in Tennessee recruiting history. At the time, he was a punk and UT got what it bargained for when they hired him. The best thing Kiffin did for Tennessee was to leave.

LOL you were one of the hurt ones we see.

With how the Darnell Washington recruitment turned out I just don't see us waiting around till March. Something about this just doesn't seem right. Wouldn't suprise me if this is another ploy by UGA to try to have us hold a spot for him when he is never coming here. If thats the case though it does show that Kirby is afraid of Pruitt and what he is building.
Lol I doubt Kirby is that worried about us

Reactions: VolByLaw

VN Store

Back