'18 TX WR Tommy Bush

Our last coach was a defensive guru who recruited Bailey, Gray, Wideman, Salter and two 5 star o linemen. Relax.
Not talking about regular recruiting. Talking about working the portal to fill needs.

“(I want) to be the alpha dog, catch balls and have a bigger role on the team,” Bush said.

“Teams like my size with my speed and don’t see much a reason why I haven’t played, which makes them excited,” Bush said.

Of the programs who’ve offered so far, Bush might be most familiar with Tennessee. Bush has faced the Vols three times in his career, and he thinks new head coach Josh Heupel is bringing in an exciting offense; UCF ranked fourth nationally in passing yards per game in 2020.

“The new staff’s offense will be dangerous,” Bush said. “(They) need receivers, and I already know the history of the new staff.”

A grad transfer with 3 years left. That sounds awesome. We need another tall receiver that can go up and get the ball. Our top two are both speed guys in Hyatt and Velus.

Reactions: Orange Raid
Well, if he likes our staff and wants to be here, why the eff not ? He is 6'5 and runs at least, a 4.6 (I've heard faster, but u all know how that goes), borderline 5 star coming out of high school, u gotta take him. I like our WRs, but this kid could become a player similar to AJ Green, Randy Moss or Calvin Johnson. Well worth the risk, imo

Well, if he likes our staff and wants to be here, why the eff not ? He is 6'5 and runs at least, a 4.6 (I've heard faster, but u all know how that goes), borderline 5 star coming out of high school, u gotta take him. I like our WRs, but this kid could become a player similar to AJ Green, Randy Moss or Calvin Johnson. Well worth the risk, imo
I think he's been dogged by injury too, so he hasn't really reached his potential. If he can stay healthy, the sky is the limit.

I think he's been dogged by injury too, so he hasn't really reached his potential. If he can stay healthy, the sky is the limit.

This is what I have read as well; kid had bad luck with injuries, is very well liked and healthy now, but uga has recruited the WR room very well and he has little chance at getting on the field.

Not talking about regular recruiting. Talking about working the portal to fill needs.
That's going to mean the difference this coming season. How well Heupel does in the portal is going to be critical.

Hope he has success wherever he goes. He’s had some misfortune and fortune at the same time. Sports hernia sidelined him for a year and last year after the Tennessee game he was involved with a hit and run car accident being on foot. He was very fortunate it wasn’t much worse. He has all the tools, praying he can stay healthy and reach his goals.

Tennessee seems to be the biggest and best offer so far for former Georgia wide receiver

Tommy Bush
, but TCU just reached out and he has Houston and North Texas that are closer to home. He’s still narrowing things down, but if TCU offers and puts on a push that could be his landing spot.

if what he said is true about wanting to catch passes, then TCU's 196 yards a game passing makes no sense whatsoever, in all our suckage in offense last year, we still averaged 206 a game.....

Reactions: PA Vol and StoVol
I think Hyatt is the alpha until someone takes it from him.

I actually think it would be good for someone to come in and compete for this. I want WRs who want to be the alpha and make those hard catches. I watched too many drops by our WRs at key moments over the past few years. Would be really nice to see someone who wants to show he is the number 1 between him and Hyatt.

VN Store

Back