Tyler Bray Impressing in Kansas City

Tyler has a chance to be the future of the team. Hopefully he actually puts forth the effort this time.

Reactions: 2 people
good for TB - he has such ability to throw a deep accurate ball - I think not getting drafted and ending up with Andy Reid could be a blessing in disguise for him

Reactions: 18 people
Article says after minicamp this week, they have nothing else until late July. Hope he can stay out of trouble while being off for over a month.

I can't wait for the fans that hated on him to start riding his nuts when he's successful in the NFL. And I don't mean critical of him, I mean 'hated on him'

Reactions: 19 people
good for TB - he has such ability to throw a deep accurate ball - I think not getting drafted and ending up with Andy Reid could be a blessing in disguise for him

From my understanding, most agents tell their clients that if they don't get selected in the first 4 rounds of the draft, then they should hope to be a free agent.

You have a better chance as a free agent than as a 5th, 6th or 7th round choice. As a free agent, you can make the final decision as to which team to sign with.

As a late round draft selection, if he were selected by the Jets, who already have several q.b.'s on their roster, it would not be an ideal situation for Bray. However; if he could choose between, Pittsburgh, K.C. or the Jets, he could choose the one that gives him the best chance of making the team.

At the end of the day, I think his path will be similar to Crompton and Ainge. He will show potential but will bounce around the league to several different teams. He may make a roster, as one of the 52 active players, but he will not see any playing time, other than pre season. Then after two or three seasons, he will be out of the league....

Reactions: 3 people
I can't wait for the fans that hated on him to start riding his nuts when he's successful in the NFL. And I don't mean critical of him, I mean 'hated on him'

So.... Being critical of him, his playing, his decisions, etc., didn't play a part in his lessons?

I didn't hate on him, but he was a joke when it came to being a leader.

Reactions: 5 people
Good for him. I hope he does well. IMOHO I think not getting drafted might have helped him mature. Maybe that will put a chip on his shoulder and he will blow-up the NFL.

So.... Being critical of him, his playing, his decisions, etc., didn't play a part in his lessons?

I didn't hate on him, but he was a joke when it came to being a leader.

Man I specifically stated "not for being critical of him"

I was critical of him at times. But there are fans that seemingly laughed at his failures, wanted him to fail to validate their opinions, etc.

Reactions: 8 people
He has a long way to go, but this looks like a nice step in the right direction. NFL is 80% mental and that has consistently been his shortcoming.

Reactions: 1 person
From my understanding, most agents tell their clients that if they don't get selected in the first 4 rounds of the draft, then they should hope to be a free agent.

You have a better chance as a free agent than as a 5th, 6th or 7th round choice. As a free agent, you can make the final decision as to which team to sign with.

As a late round draft selection, if he were selected by the Jets, who already have several q.b.'s on their roster, it would not be an ideal situation for Bray. However; if he could choose between, Pittsburgh, K.C. or the Jets, he could choose the one that gives him the best chance of making the team.

At the end of the day, I think his path will be similar to Crompton and Ainge. He will show potential but will bounce around the league to several different teams. He may make a roster, as one of the 52 active players, but he will not see any playing time, other than pre season. Then after two or three seasons, he will be out of the league....

I think He'll eventually be in the Canadian Football League like Crompton.

"I cant believe he left school early and thre interceptions wait till EB meets him across the middle in minicamp, that will show him"
2007-9 Volnation post

I was critical of him at times. But there are fans that seemingly laughed at his failures, wanted him to fail to validate their opinions, etc.

I stand corrected. I hope Bray makes MVP in a Superbowl some day. Not just because he reps UT, but because it will show that it can be turned around.

My apologies, VF4L87.

:hi:

Thank you. That drives me crazy as well. I understand being critical of our players/former players, but like you said there were many that seemingly hoped he would fail.

I stand corrected. I hope Bray makes MVP in a Superbowl some day. Not just because he reps UT, but because it will show that it can be turned around.

My apologies, VF4L87.

:hi:

It's cool :hi: Any real fan hopes he does well. Whatever his faults were, he suited up in orange. I think in time UT fans will view him more favorably. He definitely made some exciting plays. He had some bone headed ones too, but if we juuuuuust had a defense worth a flip I can't imagine what could've happened last year.

Reactions: 2 people
I think He'll eventually be in the Canadian Football League like Crompton.

I think the agents are trying to be "upbeat" about a difficult situation. If you were expected to be drafted in the middle rounds like Bray was and you go undrafted, then you are telling your "client" anything to try to better the situation. To think Bray would do better going undrafted than being drafted in the 5th round is naive at best.

I hope it all turns out great for the young man. Best of luck to him in his football career and in life! Go Vols!

Thank you. That drives me crazy as well. I understand being critical of our players/former players, but like you said there were many that seemingly hoped he would fail.

I wanted him to succeed....but he didn't
Posted via VolNation Mobile

uh....refresh my memory--what round was Tom Brady taken in the NFL draft?

I think it was more like multiple poor performances by Bray at UT generated the valid criticism and opinion of Bray....

However, I don't believe ANYONE wanted him to fail--and I don't want him to fail now! GO VOLS!

A real nice guy, is good to people, incredible arm, throws one of the best deep balls I've seen in a while, and if he becomes a little more serious about his approach to the game, he could have a nice career in the NFL.

VN Store

Back