Tyler Bray Impressing in Kansas City

It's cool :hi: Any real fan hopes he does well. Whatever his faults were, he suited up in orange. I think in time UT fans will view him more favorably. He definitely made some exciting plays. He had some bone headed ones too, but if we juuuuuust had a defense worth a flip I can't imagine what could've happened last year.

I can. He would have still sucked against all of the decent defenses he went up against. Dude wet his pants against good teams.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
Bray could easily end up being the next Tom Brady if he keeps his head on straight. Both born in Cali. Both taken really late (or FA). Both tall and skinny and non-mobile. Only difference being mental and Brady was knocked for not having a strong arm. Barring injury a mature Tyler Bray could end up having a monster career.

Bray could easily end up being the next Tom Brady if he keeps his head on straight. Both born in Cali. Both taken really late (or FA). Both tall and skinny and non-mobile. Only difference being mental and Brady was knocked for not having a strong arm. Barring injury a mature Tyler Bray could end up having a monster career.

Let's not mistake maturity for intelligence (Bray has neither). Brady is intelligent. Bray is not. All the coaching in the world won't change that fact.

the f@$king defense gave up 40+ points a game. Get it through your heads. Hard to be clutch when the defense gives up a touchdown or FG on every down.

So you're AGREEING he wasn't clutch...you're just explaining why

Physical talent has never been Bray's problem. Nothing he did in mini-camp put to test his deficiences.

I hope Bray somehow gets his head straight and becomes a great QB for the Chiefs. But I remain skeptical. He looks more like another Ryan Leaf at this point.

the f@$king defense gave up 40+ points a game. Get it through your heads. Hard to be clutch when the defense gives up a touchdown or FG on every down.

It wasn't vs UGA when that terrible D gave him 3 chances to win the game late... with him choking away each one.

He had it in his hands to beat Mizzou.

The D wasn't his problem vs UNC in '11 or UK in '12.

The D didn't make Bray throw a late pick vs USCe last year to seal that game either.

Can you name even one game where Bray came through with the game on the line during his career? (Not counting Troy btw)

It wasn't vs UGA when that terrible D gave him 3 chances to win the game late... with him choking away each one.

The D didn't make Bray throw a late pick vs USCe last year to seal that game either.

Can you name even one game where Bray came through with the game on the line during his career? (Not counting Troy btw)

you can't put the Missouri or Carolina games on him last year. Our WRs dropped huge passes that were perfectly thrown against Missouri. Against Carolina the best player in football finally got through Tiny to basically end the game. Had that play not been made, we win that game.

I can't wait for the fans that hated on him to start riding his nuts when he's successful in the NFL. And I don't mean critical of him, I mean 'hated on him'

Many have been critical, only a handful have hated on the kid. Like most Volfans I wish him well.

you can't put the Missouri or Carolina games on him last year. Our WRs dropped huge passes that were perfectly thrown against Missouri. Against Carolina the best player in football finally got through Tiny to basically end the game. Had that play not been made, we win that game.
How can you be sure of that?

How can you be sure of that?

the fumble and Dooley not challenging the fact that Shaw went out of bounds is the reason we lost. If we had an extra minute PLUS the timeout we'd have saved, we could use the time to meticulously move down the field. With the time remaining and no time outs, we had to throw long, into extensive coverage.

the fumble and Dooley not challenging the fact that Shaw went out of bounds is the reason we lost. If we had an extra minute PLUS the timeout we'd have saved, we could use the time to meticulously move down the field. With the time remaining and no time outs, we had to throw long, into extensive coverage.

And probably throw a pick six because that would sum up the careers of Dooley and Bray at Tennessee in a nutshell

the fumble and Dooley not challenging the fact that Shaw went out of bounds is the reason we lost. If we had an extra minute, we could use the time to meticulously move down the field. With the time remaining and no time outs, we had to throw long, into extensive coverage.
And which previous game do you use as an example to show that we could actually score and win the game?

If Bray had had a single season under Cutcliffe, he would have been a first rounder.

He was a young man in need of coaching, and he got Derek Dooley and the Bamboo Brain Trust.

Dude he took Mizoo to 3 overtimes and the offense scored like 50 points on Georgia. And scored almost 40 points in USCJr.

Try again

And which previous game do you use as an example to show that we could actually score and win the game?

the way he was playing in that game is the reason I had faith that it would continue. Had we had more time than 30 seconds left in the game with no timeouts, we'd have won.

350+ yards and 4 touchdowns is pretty solid for any quarterback in any game

the way he was playing in that game is the reason I had faith that it would continue. Had we had more time than 30 seconds left in the game with no timeouts, we'd have won.

350+ yards and 4 touchdowns is pretty solid for any quarterback in any game
Maybe, maybe not. He was playing like Terry Bradshaw up till then. He could have turned into Carrie Bradshaw at any moment.

VN Store

Back