U.S. Navy Not Fit For War

Marine-Corps-Celebrates-Pride-Month-640x480.jpg

Blue is training
Crimson is tracer
Black is armor piercing... I guess black ordnance dont matter
orange / red are tracer
green is lead free tungsten or steel penetrator

New Pentagon Policy Allows HIV-Positive Service Members to Deploy, Remain in Uniform

Updated Pentagon policy prevents the U.S. military from separating HIV-positive service members with an undetectable viral load and also allows them to be deployed, according to a new Defense Department memo announced Tuesday.

The guidance, released Monday, reverses previous DOD policy that had been in place since the 1980s, after HIV first began spreading in the U.S. That outdated policy allowed commanders to involuntarily separate troops with HIV, prevent them from deploying and barred enlisted troops from becoming an officer.

New Pentagon policy allows HIV-positive service members to deploy, remain in uniform | The Hill

'Five people presumed dead' after MV-22B Osprey belonging to 3rd Marine Air Wing crashes in the Californian desert

• Naval Air Facility El Centro said that the aircraft belonged to the 3rd Marine Air Wing, which is based in Miramar, San Diego
A military aircraft from a Marine unit headquartered in Miramar, San Diego, has crashed in California, leaving officials to believe all five passengers are dead.

The MV-22B Osprey crashed in Imperial County near Highway 78 and the town of Glamis - 30 miles north of the Mexican border, and 150 miles east of San Diego.

The crash was confirmed by Naval Air Facility El Centro, 30 miles from the crash site.

'Contrary to initial reports, there was no nuclear material on board the aircraft. More information will be made available as we receive it.'

Footage from News 11 Yuma showed military personnel and first responders gathering in the desert, with a helicopter flying off to the crash site. Smoke could be faintly seen on the horizon.

58846335-10898177-image-a-29_1654728038288.jpg

A Marine Corps MV-22 Osprey is pictured in October 2009, refueling mid air. An aircraft like this crashed on Wednesday

58847705-10898177-image-a-18_1654725654407.jpg

The aircraft crashed on military land in a desert area 30 miles from the border with Mexico

'Five people presumed dead' after MV-22B Osprey with 3rd Marine Air Wing crashes in California | Daily Mail Online

Reactions: StarRaider
Navy announces aviation 'safety pause' to review risk-management and training after a spate of crashes

The Navy's aviation pause will allow personnel to review safety training and precautions

The Navy will ground aviation units on Monday as part of a safety review following several deadly crashes.

A Marine Osprey crashed June 8 in the California desert, killing five Marines during a training exercise. Over 40 people have died in Osprey crashes since 1991, according to the Washington Post.

As a result of the crash, the Commander of Naval Air Forces directed all non-deployed Navy aviation units to conduct a "safety pause" on June 13 in order to review risk-management practice and training in dangerous situations, the Air Force announced.

USMC.jpg

Navy announces aviation 'safety pause' to review risk-management and training after a spate of crashes

US Navy PURGE: FIVE officers are FIRED in the space of six days over a 'loss of confidence' in their ability to command

The US Navy has dismissed five commanding officers in the span of less than one week, with the latest firing over a 'loss of confidence' in their ability to command.

Cmdr. Peter Lesaca, commanding officer of USS Preble guided-missile destroyer, was relieved from his duties 'due to loss of confidence in his ability to command,' according to a Navy statement released on Tuesday.

'Navy commanding officers are held to high standards of personal and professional conduct,' the Navy said. 'They are expected to uphold the highest standards of responsibility, reliability and leadership, and the Navy holds them accountable when they fall short of these standards.'

Lesaca is the the latest dismissal within span of just six days and the Navy has not provided additional details as to why he or the other officers were fired.

One of the commanding officers, who was fired on June 8, was reportedly relieved due to inappropriate behavior.

59114761-10920269-image-a-54_1655315921119.jpg

Lesaca worked on the Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyer USS Preble before he was fired. Pictured: The USS Preble departs Naval Base San Diego in 2013

Five US Navy officers are fired in the space of six days over a 'loss of confidence' | Daily Mail Online

US Navy PURGE: FIVE officers are FIRED in the space of six days over a 'loss of confidence' in their ability to command

The US Navy has dismissed five commanding officers in the span of less than one week, with the latest firing over a 'loss of confidence' in their ability to command.

Cmdr. Peter Lesaca, commanding officer of USS Preble guided-missile destroyer, was relieved from his duties 'due to loss of confidence in his ability to command,' according to a Navy statement released on Tuesday.

'Navy commanding officers are held to high standards of personal and professional conduct,' the Navy said. 'They are expected to uphold the highest standards of responsibility, reliability and leadership, and the Navy holds them accountable when they fall short of these standards.'

Lesaca is the the latest dismissal within span of just six days and the Navy has not provided additional details as to why he or the other officers were fired.

One of the commanding officers, who was fired on June 8, was reportedly relieved due to inappropriate behavior.

59114761-10920269-image-a-54_1655315921119.jpg

Lesaca worked on the Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyer USS Preble before he was fired. Pictured: The USS Preble departs Naval Base San Diego in 2013

Five US Navy officers are fired in the space of six days over a 'loss of confidence' | Daily Mail Online

Probably not Woke

Up to 13 Navy senior officers fired now. I'd like to think the Navy was actually ridding itself of incompetence but with this administration I just can't bring myself to believe that.

The Navy has fired a dozen leaders but won't explain why

I've always had the impression the Navy looked harder for scapegoats than the other branches because their toys were bigger and more expensive; but then coming from a nuclear industry background, I've just generally hated the ex-Navy pricks that thought they always knew better. The military has a model that used to work for them when it came to transitory maintainers and less sophisticated equipment. That thinking doesn't work when stuff gets more and more complex and sophisticated, and certainly not in an industry where maintenance types have been around the same equipment and plant for years and years and know the individual quirks rather than procedures that mostly work with a high turnover and less personnel experience.

It really hit me once when reading something about an AF pilot flying a NG plane. He said something to the crew chief about the plane being immaculate and asked how long he'd worked on the plane. The crew chief said "This particular plane or this type?" ... meaning he had years and years of experience in both that plane and the type because it was basically a permanent job for him - he was a craftsman rather than transient help dominated by procedures.

This article says a lot about aircraft readiness which is without a doubt a part of the extreme cost and always increasing complexity of weapons systems - and the problems that brings on like logistics, training, and age of the equipment (which is often related to the initial cost and complexity - and that's without even getting into remote battlefield locations). This article has a lot of interesting points and doesn't really make you feel better about fewer more complex planes rather than more and simpler planes.

Cascading Issues Keeping Air Force, Navy Planes Grounded Watchdog Says

Reactions: Orangeburst
Up to 13 Navy senior officers fired now. I'd like to think the Navy was actually ridding itself of incompetence but with this administration I just can't bring myself to believe that.

Yep..lack of wokeness..

At least at sea, commanding officers are relieved so frequently that it's become a long-running joke among sailors, said Benjamin Gold, who was a Naval officer for nearly seven years.

Gold said dismissals are easily triggered, especially when complaints of discrimination, sexual harassment and conditions of employment are filed with the Naval Inspector General’s office.

Reactions: AM64
I've always had the impression the Navy looked harder for scapegoats than the other branches because their toys were bigger and more expensive; but then coming from a nuclear industry background, I've just generally hated the ex-Navy pricks that thought they always knew better. The military has a model that used to work for them when it came to transitory maintainers and less sophisticated equipment. That thinking doesn't work when stuff gets more and more complex and sophisticated, and certainly not in an industry where maintenance types have been around the same equipment and plant for years and years and know the individual quirks rather than procedures that mostly work with a high turnover and less personnel experience.

It really hit me once when reading something about an AF pilot flying a NG plane. He said something to the crew chief about the plane being immaculate and asked how long he'd worked on the plane. The crew chief said "This particular plane or this type?" ... meaning he had years and years of experience in both that plane and the type because it was basically a permanent job for him - he was a craftsman rather than transient help dominated by procedures.

This article says a lot about aircraft readiness which is without a doubt a part of the extreme cost and always increasing complexity of weapons systems - and the problems that brings on like logistics, training, and age of the equipment (which is often related to the initial cost and complexity - and that's without even getting into remote battlefield locations). This article has a lot of interesting points and doesn't really make you feel better about fewer more complex planes rather than more and simpler planes.

Cascading Issues Keeping Air Force, Navy Planes Grounded Watchdog Says

Honestly...the next peer power...cough.. war will be a lightning war IMO, with the high tech and all sorts of expensive kit being annihilated if one does not achieve a fast victory with sophistication. I mean we only have 20-21 B-2s but each one with 160 SDB's could wipe out a tank division in one pass. That is when F-16's and A-10's with boneyard spares and dispersed military units would fight a prolonged campaign. Two tiered. Kind of what we see in Ukraine with man fielded MANPAD and GGM missiles. It subverts the quality vs quantity conundrum. Eventually just sticks and stones

A total of 13 commanding officers have been fired so far this year, including 12 in the Navy and one in the Marine Corps, the Navy said…. said Lt. Cmdr. Devin Arneson, a Navy spokesperson, who added that such an action is "neither punitive nor disciplinary."

Say wut?

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Honestly...the next peer power...cough.. war will be a lightning war IMO, with the high tech and all sorts of expensive kit being annihilated if one does not achieve a fast victory with sophistication. I mean we only have 20-21 B-2s but each one with 160 SDB's could wipe out a tank division in one pass. That is when F-16's and A-10's with boneyard spares and dispersed military units would fight a prolonged campaign. Two tiered. Kind of what we see in Ukraine with man fielded MANPAD and GGM missiles. It subverts the quality vs quantity conundrum. Eventually just sticks and stones

The next war we get into with a somewhat equitable power, we're going to get our ass handed to us.

The current military thinks being woke is a better solution to learning how to fight.

The next war we get into with a somewhat equitable power, we're going to get our ass handed to us.

The current military thinks being woke is a better solution to learning how to fight.
We need a military that accurately reflects America. Our diversity is our strength.

I cannot argue that, All about leadership no matter the domain.

VN Store

Back