U.S. Navy Not Fit For War

I already commented on Project Azorian

Saw that later, my apologies. Is amazing they did that with 60's technology.

Just to set that perspective, my first fleet squadron had the newest P-3's in the fleet in 1978, P-3C Update (I)s. It had a state of the art computer, a reel to reel MTT with 48k.

Reactions: Orangeburst
Reactions: Franklin Pierce
They don't want to put me back in a a higher ranking NCO...

Some people would be in for a serious shock.

They wouldn't want me back in as a Private, if people thought I was a mouthy Muther then they ain't seen nothing yet.

Reactions: 85SugarVol
Outrageous. Charge these people with something, anything.

The politics of Climate Change and DEI have absolutely no place in the US Military.

"There is not a trade-off between addressing climate security and our core mission of being the most capable and ready Navy-Marine Corps team," he said. "The exact opposite is true. Embracing climate-focused technologies and adopting a climate-informed posture strengthens our capability to stand by our partners and allies."

Reactions: Orangeburst
It’s one thing to make things more expensive and less efficient in American’s everyday lives in the name of this nonsense.

It’s another thing entirely to sacrifice national security and our advantage in the Pacific in the name of this nonsense.

Reactions: hog88
'Sinking Our Future': Biden's Budget Cuts Funds to U.S. Navy As China Ramps Up Shipbuilding

Biden wants to Prematurely retire dozen ships, put U.S. on track to be outgunned on seas by China

2022-01-20T055136Z_2_LYNXMPEI0J080_RTROPTP_4_TAIWAN-USA-DEFENCE_736x514.jpg

The Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyer USS Benfold, forward-deployed to the U.S. 7th Fleet in the Indo-Pacific region, transits the Philippine Sea, June 14, 2018. Sarah Myers/U.S. Navy/Handout via REUTERS

The Biden administration wants to enact sharp budget cuts to the U.S. Navy that would force it to prematurely retire almost a dozen ships and take offline critical missile systems that serve as a primary deterrent to Chinese aggression.

President Joe Biden’s 2024 budget proposal would deal a massive blow to the already strained American Navy—the White House wants to prematurely retire eight ships and two combat vessels. By taking these ships out of action, the Navy would lose more than 600 vertical launch missile systems—a missile capability that serves as the primary deterrent to Chinese military attacks in the Pacific, according to congressional research provided to the Washington Free Beacon.

'Sinking Our Future': Biden's Budget Cuts Funds To U.S. Navy As China Ramps Up Shipbuilding

'Sinking Our Future': Biden's Budget Cuts Funds to U.S. Navy As China Ramps Up Shipbuilding

Biden wants to Prematurely retire dozen ships, put U.S. on track to be outgunned on seas by China

2022-01-20T055136Z_2_LYNXMPEI0J080_RTROPTP_4_TAIWAN-USA-DEFENCE_736x514.jpg

The Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyer USS Benfold, forward-deployed to the U.S. 7th Fleet in the Indo-Pacific region, transits the Philippine Sea, June 14, 2018. Sarah Myers/U.S. Navy/Handout via REUTERS

The Biden administration wants to enact sharp budget cuts to the U.S. Navy that would force it to prematurely retire almost a dozen ships and take offline critical missile systems that serve as a primary deterrent to Chinese aggression.

President Joe Biden’s 2024 budget proposal would deal a massive blow to the already strained American Navy—the White House wants to prematurely retire eight ships and two combat vessels. By taking these ships out of action, the Navy would lose more than 600 vertical launch missile systems—a missile capability that serves as the primary deterrent to Chinese military attacks in the Pacific, according to congressional research provided to the Washington Free Beacon.

'Sinking Our Future': Biden's Budget Cuts Funds To U.S. Navy As China Ramps Up Shipbuilding
I'm sure they'll be replaced with electric or green energy ships.😉

VN Store

Back