U.S. Navy Not Fit For War

Holy smokes..never realized the Japs had a 71K carrier.
Stealth by sub or any measure.
Big targets die.

I am concerned with the USN ASW and even the ability of a carrier or ship to be 100% effective in defense.

Steath and dispersion

She was a converted Battleship hull. Would have been the third ship of the fabled Yamato class

U.S. Navy Announces ‘Reset’ of Physical Fitness Test Failures; DOD Offers to Cover Abortion Travel Expenses

The U.S. Navy announced Thursday it is granting sailors a “one-time reset” of past physical fitness assessment (PFA) failures in hopes of improving retention, while the Department of Defense (DOD) revealed taxpayer dollars will be used to pay for service members’ abortion travel fees.

U.S. Navy Announces ‘Reset’ of Physical Fitness Test Failure

EXCLUSIVE: Here’s How Many Pride Events The Air Force Held In 2022, According To A Just-Launched DEI Newsletter

The Air Force hosted 67 Pride celebrations in 2022, according to the first Air Force Office of Diversity and Inclusion quarterly newsletter obtained by the Daily Caller News Foundation.

Among those events, top Air Force leaders participated in the first service-wide LGBTQ+ Pride event organized by a new volunteer team within the Air Force focused on LGBTQ+ issues, the newsletter, dated Feb. 10, shows. The LGBTQ Initiatives Team (LIT) participated in 67 Pride commemorations across 33 Air Force and Space Force installations throughout 2022 and intends to organize more events this year.

EXCLUSIVE: Here’s How Many Pride Events The Air Force Held In 2022, According To A Just-Launched DEI Newsletter

The Air Force hosted 67 Pride celebrations in 2022, according to the first Air Force Office of Diversity and Inclusion quarterly newsletter obtained by the Daily Caller News Foundation.

Among those events, top Air Force leaders participated in the first service-wide LGBTQ+ Pride event organized by a new volunteer team within the Air Force focused on LGBTQ+ issues, the newsletter, dated Feb. 10, shows. The LGBTQ Initiatives Team (LIT) participated in 67 Pride commemorations across 33 Air Force and Space Force installations throughout 2022 and intends to organize more events this year.

Just weird and perverse to me..like we have nothing better to spend on in these perilous times just as a thought

And now an official Fed budgetary office.

And people wonder where priorities lay

The United States Air Force - Raining hellfire for 75 years!

1677191315300.gif

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Silver Star US Navy SEAL and father of two young children Dies in free-fall parachute training exercise in Arizona

A US Navy SEAL and father of two died after a free-fall parachute training accident in Arizona.

Chief Special Warfare Operator Michael Ernst was rushed to a Phoenix hospital after he plummeted at a Marana training field on Sunday. His fall was the first parachute mishap to kill a Navy SEAL in the past six years, according to USNI News.

68012173-11786007-image-a-19_1677178664276.jpg

The accomplished military man from Massachusetts quickly accelerated his career and was rewarded the Silver Star, which is the third-highest military combat award. He left behind two children, three and five, his young wife and their family dog.

US Navy SEAL dies after mishap during free-fall parachute training exercise in Arizona | Daily Mail Online

Silver Star US Navy SEAL and father of two young children Dies in free-fall parachute training exercise in Arizona

A US Navy SEAL and father of two died after a free-fall parachute training accident in Arizona.

Chief Special Warfare Operator Michael Ernst was rushed to a Phoenix hospital after he plummeted at a Marana training field on Sunday. His fall was the first parachute mishap to kill a Navy SEAL in the past six years, according to USNI News.

68012173-11786007-image-a-19_1677178664276.jpg

The accomplished military man from Massachusetts quickly accelerated his career and was rewarded the Silver Star, which is the third-highest military combat award. He left behind two children, three and five, his young wife and their family dog.

US Navy SEAL dies after mishap during free-fall parachute training exercise in Arizona | Daily Mail Online
Rest in Peace

Navy Renaming USS Chancellorsville to Honor Union Army Hero, Statesman Who Was Born into Slavery

The Navy's top civilian leader announced that he will rename the guided missile cruiser USS Chancellorsville after a commission called for a new name last spring.

The cruiser is named after the 1863 Battle of Chancellorsville, which, despite heavy casualties, is considered Gen. Robert E. Lee's greatest victory in the war. The battle also led to the wounding of Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson, who was shot by his own men after being mistaken for Union cavalry. He died a week after the battle.

Navy Renaming USS Chancellorsville to Honor Union Army Hero, Statesman Who Was Born into Slavery

The Navy's top civilian leader announced that he will rename the guided missile cruiser USS Chancellorsville after a commission called for a new name last spring.

The cruiser is named after the 1863 Battle of Chancellorsville, which, despite heavy casualties, is considered Gen. Robert E. Lee's greatest victory in the war. The battle also led to the wounding of Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson, who was shot by his own men after being mistaken for Union cavalry. He died a week after the battle.

I thought the Tico Class was in sunset. Waste of time and resources.

Other than A-10 drivers few AF pilots are. The A-10 should have always been an Army asset.
Interesting concept. Operationally I would be inclined to agree there.
Would there have been supply and logistical issues keeping a fixed wing platform operational? And once the Army had 1 platform…

Interesting concept. Operationally I would be inclined to agree there.
Would there have been supply and logistical issues keeping a fixed wing platform operational? And once the Army had 1 platform…

I don't see why there would have been. The reason the Marines have fixed wing CAS aircraft is because they couldn't trust the Navy to provide it. Hard to provide CAS when you have a hard deck of 10,000 feet.

I don't see why there would have been. The reason the Marines have fixed wing CAS aircraft is because they couldn't trust the Navy to provide it. Hard to provide CAS when you have a hard deck of 10,000 feet.
Harriers though - we’re talking austere environments, small footprints. To be replaced by the Marine Corps variant of the F-35.

I have no idea how much runway it takes to get a fully loaded A-10 off the ground.

Harriers though - we’re talking austere environments, small footprints. To be replaced by the Marine Corps variant of the F-35.

I have no idea how much runway it takes to get a fully loaded A-10 off the ground.

I'm not saying the Marines should have A-10s just that they have their own fixed wing aircraft so they can provide their own close air support. The Army should have that same capability.

Just transfer the A-10s to the Army and be done with AF CAS. They AF doesn't want to do it anyway.

I believe the legislation that created the Air Force limited the Army's fixed wing aircraft to logistics and limited light ground support. You're right, they have hated the mission since the Spads strafed German trenches in WW I. McCain use to hold up flag promotions every time he would catch them downgrading the mission.

A lot of guys are alive today from those babies rolling in on a hostile position and eliminating it.

Reactions: tntar heel
I'm not saying the Marines should have A-10s just that they have their own fixed wing aircraft so they can provide their own close air support. The Army should have that same capability.
I got what you’re saying. What I’m saying is the Marine CAS platform is a jump jet - for good reason.

The Army deploying the A-10 would not be comparable to the Marines deploying the Harrier.

And just ftr - I am not of the opinion that that the F-35A should be replacing the A-10 in the CAS mission.

Bye A-10. Nice to know ya. perfect CAS for a European conflict that will never happen again..PacRim not so much.

Russia isn't gonna invade NATO..why? because they cannot.

Other than A-10 drivers few AF pilots are. The A-10 should have always been an Army asset.

It's a culture thing with the USAF. If it doesn't go Mach 1 with all sorts of bells and whistles the fighter pilot mafia doesn't want it.

Honestly, CAS has been pretty well supplied to ground forces since Korea.

I believe the legislation that created the Air Force limited the Army's fixed wing aircraft to logistics and limited light ground support. You're right, they have hated the mission since the Spads strafed German trenches in WW I. McCain use to hold up flag promotions every time he would catch them downgrading the mission.

A lot of guys are alive today from those babies rolling in on a hostile position and eliminating it.

Key West Agreement - Wikipedia

VN Store

Back