U.S. Navy Not Fit For War

Biden Navy Chief Nominee Would Be First Woman On Joint Chiefs of Staff

President Joe Biden announced a slew of military nominations on Friday afternoon, including the selection of Admiral Lisa Franchetti to lead the Navy.

Biden picked Franchetti, who has spent nearly a year serving as the service's second-in-command, to replace Chief of Naval Operations Admiral Michael Gilday, whose tenure ends on Aug. 21. If the Senate confirms her nomination, she would become the first woman to serve as chief of naval operations and on the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Franchetti previously served as the director for strategy, plans, and policy for the Joint Chiefs of Staff, as commander of the U.S. Sixth Fleet, commander of U.S. Naval Forces Korea, commander of Carrier Strike Group 9, and commander of Carrier Strike Group 15.

Biden navy chief nominee would be first woman on Joint Chiefs of Staff

What exactly made Paparo the better fit for CNO over Franchetti?
Against SecDef's Wish, Diversity-Obsessed Biden Picks Woman To Lead Navy | ZeroHedge

Casting aside the recommendation of his defense secretary, President Biden on Friday nominated Admiral Lisa Franchetti to command the US Navy. If confirmed, she would be the first woman to command a military branch and the first on the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Biden's move took many observers by surprise, as Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin had recommended Admiral Samuel Paparo for the position. Paparo is TOPGUN graduate with more than 6,000 hours in F-14s, F-15s and F/A-18s, 1,100 carrier landings and experience commanding forces in war zones.

However, with the Biden administration obsessed with diversity hires, Paparo's bid was likely doomed by the fact that he's a white man.

I can tell you right now that Franchetti actually has the better resume for CNO. She has diverse experience from Fleet, to CSG Command, to extensive time in the Pentagon. There is a reason she was widely considered to be the favorite for the position.. Lloyd Austin (who has rarely been right) actually went against most when suggesting Paparo. Franchetti is incredibly sharp, asks the right questions in incredibly complex situations, and has the mettle to hopefully address some long standing issues in the Fleet. This is far from a DEI pick.

Paparo is much better suited to run INDOPACOM due his extensive operational experience. He has the best understanding of geo-political situations in Pacific Fleet and has done well as PACFLT. Ironically, 6k flight hours and 1,100 Carrier landings actually make him a better fit as a COCOM than CNO.

I can tell you right now that Franchetti actually has the better resume for CNO. She has diverse experience from Fleet, to CSG Command, to extensive time in the Pentagon. There is a reason she was widely considered to be the favorite for the position.. Lloyd Austin (who has rarely been right) actually went against most when suggesting Paparo. Franchetti is incredibly sharp, asks the right questions in incredibly complex situations, and has the mettle to hopefully address some long standing issues in the Fleet. This is far from a DEI pick.

Paparo is much better suited to run INDOPACOM due his extensive operational experience. He has the best understanding of geo-political situations in Pacific Fleet and has done well as PACFLT. Ironically, 6k flight hours and 1,100 Carrier landings actually make him a better fit as a COCOM than CNO.
So your argument is that one is an accomplished pencil pusher? Lol.

Umm.. where did I say that? Franchetti commanded a Fleet and CSG which is far from a "pencil pusher". Do you even know what the CNO's actual role is? Or just going to copy and paste un-informed articles?

Umm.. where did I say that? Franchetti commanded a Fleet and CSG which is far from a "pencil pusher". Do you even know what the CNO's actual role is? Or just going to copy and paste un-informed articles?
You referenced “extensive time in the Pentagon”. That’s a pencil pusher.

Yes, I’m fully aware of what the Chief’s role is. Franchetti is the current Vice Chief. That’s a pencil pusher too.

The US Navy’s fight is with China. Paparo is the better pick to lead that fight imo. I laid out why, you skipped over it.

My only question is where is Aquilino going.

You referenced “extensive time in the Pentagon”. That’s a pencil pusher.

Yes, I’m fully aware of what the Chief’s role is. Franchetti is the current Vice Chief. That’s a pencil pusher too.

The US Navy’s fight is with China. Paparo is the better pick to lead that fight imo. I laid out why, you skipped over it.

My only question is where is Aquilino going.
You clearly have reading comprehension issues so I'll ask directly. Where can Paparo have bigger impact over the fight w/ China? CNO or COCOM? Aquilino will retire.. the standard for someone finishing their COCOM ride.

EDIT: was thinking of King when i initially put Nimitz.

George Marshall, Earnest King, & Dwight Eisenhower say "Hello."

I understand the angst from the standpoint of this administration has done a piss-poor job by hiring and promoting incompetent people to high levels. However, on the surface, this woman seems to have some significant accomplishments. Hopefully she proves up to the task.

But to disqualify her because she has been mostly a staff officer ignores history to an extent. Personally, I think Patton was one of our greatest combat generals and have strong reservations he would have been as effective as Eisenhower who never held a combat command if I recall (subject to correction here).

Not being argumentative, just providing another perspective.

Reactions: hog88
You clearly have reading comprehension issues so I'll ask directly. Where can Paparo have bigger impact over the fight w/ China? CNO or COCOM? Aquilino will retire.. the standard for someone finishing their COCOM ride.
What did you ask indirectly? Other than complaining about an “un-informed” article from Politico.

Combatant Commanders execute the strategy and orders of the President.
The Joint Chiefs inform that strategy.

I want the Sailor that’s lived it, fought it, in those waters, informing the President on what the strategy vs China should be.

“Standard”?
Is it “standard” to elevate a Vice Chief to Chief? I’ll wait.

Reactions: Caculator
EDIT: was thinking of King when i initially put Nimitz.

George Marshall, Earnest King, & Dwight Eisenhower say "Hello."

I understand the angst from the standpoint of this administration has done a piss-poor job by hiring and promoting incompetent people to high levels. However, on the surface, this woman seems to have some significant accomplishments. Hopefully she proves up to the task.

But to disqualify her because she has been mostly a staff officer ignores history to an extent. Personally, I think Patton was one of our greatest combat generals and have strong reservations he would have been as effective as Eisenhower who never held a combat command if I recall (subject to correction here).

Not being argumentative, just providing another perspective.
I’m not looking to “disqualify” Admiral Franchetti.

The original post was comparing 2 resumes - Paparo & Franchetti. Some may choose Franchetti, I chose Paparo. Would you prefer a tie?

I favor experience in Pacific waters when the adversary is China.

Reactions: Tnslim1

The original post was comparing 2 resumes - Paparo & Franchetti. Some may choose Franchetti, I chose Paparo. Would you prefer a tie?

How many female Commanders will she face in China's Navy? She is not a killer, we need killers.

Reactions: Tnslim1
How many female Commanders will she face in China's Navy? She is not a killer, we need killers.
She may be a killer. She commanded strike groups. I have little doubt she would order the kill shot.

She is a fine Sailor, with credentials.

But she wasn’t chosen for her credentials. Which is unfortunate.

She may be a killer. She commanded strike groups. I have little doubt she would order the kill shot.

She is a fine Sailor, with credentials.

But she wasn’t chosen for her credentials. Which is unfortunate.

"May be" is not good enough in a fight for our lives

"She has a degree in journalism and a master's in organizational management from PHOENIX UNIVERSITY. She has never left a desk and couldn't get through Naval War College. People simply don't understand how bad this is. She has no business being in a position of responsibility. This is sabotage."

Last edited:
"May be" is not good enough in a fight for our lives

"She has a degree in journalism and a master's in organizational management from PHOENIX UNIVERSITY. She has never left a desk and couldn't get through Naval War College. People simply don't understand how bad this is. She has no business being in a position of responsibility. This is sabotage."
I did notice that she attended the Naval War College but was not listed as a graduate. Yea, I saw Phoenix too. I already made reference to the journalism major.

None of those would preclude her from being an effective officer. But they clearly don’t stack up to her peers.

But again, she wasn’t chosen for her actual credentials, which include two strike groups and Naval Forces Korea.

She was chosen to “make history”. Like so many others the Biden Democrats have tapped.

It’s a sad, silly game they’re playing. I hope it doesn’t get anyone hurt.

I did notice that she attended the Naval War College but was not listed as a graduate. Yea, I saw Phoenix too. I already made reference to the journalism major.

None of those would preclude her from being an effective officer. But they clearly don’t stack up to her peers.

But again, she wasn’t chosen for her actual credentials, which include two strike groups and Naval Forces Korea.

She was chosen to “make history”. Like so many others the Biden Democrats have tapped.

It’s a sad, silly game they’re playing. I hope it doesn’t get anyone hurt.

Biden declared U of P a complete scam.

Masters degree from University of Phoenix

"The FIGHTING Phoenicians"

gigs include USNS 'Mercy' ~ hospital ship during COVID ~ never seen a fight

I have no preference. Your choice may very well be the one that should have been made. Just pointing out that some of our most effective people in these type of positions have not had what seems to some of us, me included because my first thought was WTH, necessary qualifications. Again, I said I was not being argumentative, just pointing out another side of this. I'll repeat as well my opinion that the Biden administration does not have a very good record at choosing competent people for high office.

Reactions: 85SugarVol
My issue with this is Biden ignoring the advice of his cabinet and making what could be viewed (it already is) as a DEI hire.

At this point her qualifications don't even matter. She's already behind the 8 ball due to the incompetent behavior of the idiot in charge. She may be over qualified for the job, but the moment Biden went over the Secdef's head, she will be looked at and treated like nothing more than a diversity hire.

The moron in the White House set her up for failure as soon as he picked her. Now, had Austin submitted both to the President to pick, the situation might be different. But the only thing this Admin will do is celebrate the "first" instead of touting her qualifications for the job.

My issue with this is Biden ignoring the advice of his cabinet and making what could be viewed (it already is) as a DEI hire.

At this point her qualifications don't even matter. She's already behind the 8 ball due to the incompetent behavior of the idiot in charge. She may be over qualified for the job, but the moment Biden went over the Secdef's head, she will be looked at and treated like nothing more than a diversity hire.

The moron in the White House set her up for failure as soon as he picked her. Now, had Austin submitted both to the President to pick, the situation might be different. But the only thing this Admin will do is celebrate the "first" instead of touting her qualifications for the job.

“She is the second woman ever to achieve the rank of four-star admiral in the United States Navy, and when confirmed, she will again make history as the first woman to serve as the Chief of Naval Operations and on the Joint Chiefs of Staff.”
- Joe Biden

How was her command? Was she a competent CO?

VN Store

Back