UFC 158 - March 16th @ 10PM ET

MMA isn't just jujitsu. UFC is MMA.

Then why did you respond to my post where I was discussing takedown points in the pan am games? I didn't say anything about ufc technique and power. Was just giving another example of takedowns earning more points than they should.

It's almost like GSP doesn't try to finish a fight before it goes the distance. He's not a physical freak like some just a master technician at what he does. It's not the most entertaining but I respect it. He knew Diaz was no match on the ground & Diaz didn't do much when he had his chances.

Did you see early GSP? Dude was a finisher,Serra fawked him up and now he fights not to lose.

Well IMO if he wants to be judged with the greats he has to finish someone. They talk about top p4p fighters and GSP and Silvia are the 2 mentioned. Again IMO GSP isn't even close to Anderson or Bones.

Again, he does what he has to do to win. If no one is able to stop his wrestling, then why should he stop wrestling?

Also, I thought GSP looked pretty good on his feet tonight against arguably the best boxer in MMA.

Judging blows & who dominates a round isn't rocket science. It can always be taken out of the judges hands.

Judging by some decisions, it might as well be rocket science. If you think current judges fully understand MMA, you might be crazy.

Then why did you respond to my post where I was discussing takedown points in the pan am games? I didn't say anything about ufc technique and power. Was just giving another example of takedowns earning more points than they should.

Just my opinion but take downs are an actual executed move versus attempted moves. I love seeing guys pull off the submission holds & counters but it takes more than just technique to do it.

They spent more time standing than on the ground tonight. First 3 minutes of round 4 were up. Diaz couldn't do anything and he gsp wasn't running.

Reactions: 1 person
You really can't be that dense not to understand what I meant. Fighting not to lose, GSP and Jon Fitch, fighting to win Silva or Bones. It's really not hard to figure out.

I assume you mean "fighting to finish."

I'll say it a third time...GSP does what he has to do to win. It's really not that hard to figure out.

I honestly don't think he wanted to finish Diaz & his last fight vs condit I believe he was rusty & condit is no slouch.

Didn't want to finish Diaz? Seriously? Lol The darkness in his mind, worst beating ever, etc. But he didn't want to finish him. What about the last 4 years? Oh btw Diaz was off.14 months, so ring rust for him then.

They spent more time standing than on the ground tonight. First 3 minutes of round 4 were up. Diaz couldn't do anything and he gsp wasn't running.

Yea & Diaz landed a few as did GSP. Diaz was outmanned in every aspect. On one hand I hate his attitude & on another I like the fact he's fearless to fight anybody.

Just my opinion but take downs are an actual executed move versus attempted moves. I love seeing guys pull off the submission holds & counters but it takes more than just technique to do it.

I love takedowns. Ufc isn't boxing or kickboxing. Many fights now are only stand up and that's not what the sport is. But I think if its into guard, it shouldnt count the same because if you have me in guard, you may have control.

Didn't want to finish Diaz? Seriously? Lol The darkness in his mind, worst beating ever, etc. But he didn't want to finish him. What about the last 4 years? Oh btw Diaz was off.14 months, so ring rust for him then.

All the time they were on the ground what did GSP do other than keep him in guard?

I love takedowns. Ufc isn't boxing or kickboxing. Many fights now are only stand up and that's not what the sport is. But I think if its into guard, it shouldnt count the same because if you have me in guard, you may have control.

It depends on the fighters. Everybody has their own style.

I assume you mean "fighting to finish."

I'll say it a third time...GSP does what he has to do to win. It's really not that hard to figure out.

Then why ask what I meant? Oh cause it's you.

And I'll say it for a third time, GSP is the most boring champ in the history of the UFC....PERIOD. Which is all I said. I never said GSP wasn't effective, I said he was boring. You are trying to create an argument that I about something that i never even said. Kinda pathetic, like GSPs fighting style.

And I'll say it for a third time, GSP is the most boring champ in the history of the UFC....PERIOD. Which is all I said. I never said GSP wasn't effective, I said he was boring. You are trying to create an argument that I about something that i never even said. Kinda pathetic, like GSPs fighting style.

You said he must finish people to be considered one of the best, and I'm asking you why. Obviously, you are too dense to answer the question. I'm not creating anything.

I asked you what you meant because you made a stupid statement about "fighting to win." If you meant "fighting to finish," then that's what you should have said.

You said he must finish people to be considered one of the best, and I'm asking you why. Obviously, you are too dense to answer the question. I'm not creating anything.

I said IMO. Can you not comprehend what that means? You are such a pathetically whiny human being. Also I said most boring champ ever, and he is.

I asked you what you meant because you made a stupid statement about "fighting to win." If you meant "fighting to finish," then that's what you should have said.

If you don't understand fighting to win as opposed to fighting not lose you are dumber than I thought. Especially since I gave examples of guys. You are such a butthurt little girl. Lol

I said IMO. Can you not comprehend what that means? You are such a pathetically whiny human being. Also I said most boring champ ever, and he is.

Instead of saying he needs to finish to be one of the best, you should have said he needs to finish to be considered exciting. Not my fault you make dumb statements.

VN Store

Back