Uga Installing Charlie Ward Offense..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

westsidevol

I have heard that UGA is working on installing the Charlie Ward offense Florida St ran in the early 90's. They are going to build it for DJ. If this is true then I would say UGA will most likely be the team to represent the East in the SECCG. Nobody is looking at UGA because Tenn and Florida are the favorites.........this is going to set up UGA to slip right under the radar I am afraid. They will be playing with nothing to lose and I don't need to tell you what Richt can do with the Ward type offense. Add to that 3 quality RB. I think the East is going to be a toss up next year.

installing a brand new offense to a bunch of college guys is going to be very difficul. good luck with that u stupid dirty dawgs. i mean bad luck.

and the charlie ward offense works better with charlie ward not an overrated qb who has played as much as fulmer the past 3 years :thumbsup:

Thats what we are hearing WSV. In an article I read yesterday it stated the CMR says that he is designing specific parts of the playbook to take advantage of DJ's mobility. Dont know if it will be exactly like the Charlie Ward FSU days but it sure would be nice. Also we are looking at playing either Danny Ware or Kregg Lumpkin at FB while Thomas Brown will be at RB.

CBC..we are not redesigning the playbook just specific plays for DJ. So the team will not have to learn a whole new playbook. This is used incase DJ gets hurt or just plain out sucks (which I seriously doubt) and we have to bring in the backup QB.

hope they have a good backup because he will get killed if he is gonna scramble around in the sec. especially when he comes to knoxville. :spank:

also.....he has no big game experience really. what is he gonna do when 107,000 crazy, draped in orange rednecks are breathing down his neck. not good.

yeah, I was looking forward to UT starting back the win streak on the Dawgs, but this news has me concerned. I think DJ could be a nightmare for the rest of the SEC if he gets this offense down. Remember that Ward was an unknown before his Jr year.

This is the only dog I am scared of.....LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

Attachments

• fluffy.jpg
    fluffy.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 0
Originally posted by westsidevol@Mar 8, 2005 11:01 AM
I have heard that UGA is working on installing the Charlie Ward offense Florida St ran in the early 90's. They are going to build it for DJ. If this is true then I would say UGA will most likely be the team to represent the East in the SECCG. Nobody is looking at UGA because Tenn and Florida are the favorites.........this is going to set up UGA to slip right under the radar I am afraid. They will be playing with nothing to lose and I don't need to tell you what Richt can do with the Ward type offense. Add to that 3 quality RB. I think the East is going to be a toss up next year.

Oh no, I am shaking in my boots! :thumbsup:

I am sure that Fulmer and company are too.....

Hopefully freak will install the "dawg peeing on himself for no reason" smiley after this year :good: :good: :good: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Originally posted by checkerboard_charly@Mar 8, 2005 11:44 AM
hope they have a good backup because he will get killed if he is gonna scramble around in the sec. especially when he comes to knoxville. :spank:

Yep, I am sure our linebackers will love to see Shockley running around.

There has to be a reason why Shockley was 2nd string to Greene.....oh wait I remember now.....Shockley stunk worse than Greene did..... :lolup: :lolup: :lolup:

Let me take you back to last year when DJ came in the game. We were handing it to the Dawgs pretty good. Then in comes DJ and all of a sudden they have 7 on the board. I am telling you for a flat fact that if Richt uses DJ the right way, UGA is going to be some kind of dangerous. Plus, I kind of think that Ainge may fall into the soph slump this year. He was so great last year, better than anybody could have hoped. I think he will do OK, but too much is expected of him. I think his jr. year will be alot better.

Originally posted by westsidevol@Mar 8, 2005 12:34 PM
Let me take you back to last year when DJ came in the game. We were handing it to the Dawgs pretty good. Then in comes DJ and all of a sudden they have 7 on the board.

Yep, that was last year when our secondary didn't know what they were doing. With the improvement in the secondary this season, the linebackers won't have to drop into coverage as much and we will be able to blitz more.

I agree with you blood that our secondary will be better. Heck, they could not be much worse. With Allen coming back there is cause for optimism. I also think Hefney is going to be a star. So,let's see what happens with the safeties. It will be interesting to see who we put back there.

If you recall, Hefney was all over Gibson on the TD pass. It was just an excellent throw by Shock. He was a bit erratic after that so he is not without fault.

I think DJ is going to cause problems much like BS does for us.

I know one thing for sure. Brandon Johnson will not try to tackle Ware around the the legs again. I have the tape of the game and Ware put a number on Johnson. I don't know if I recall a defensive player ever taking a blow like that. It reminded me of Walker running all over Bill Bates some years back.

Originally posted by westsidevol@Mar 8, 2005 1:04 PM
I know one thing for sure. Brandon Johnson will not try to tackle Ware around the the legs again.

Considering that he isn't on the team anymore, I agree....

Originally posted by westsidevol@Mar 8, 2005 12:34 PM
Let me take you back to last year when DJ came in the game. We were handing it to the Dawgs pretty good. Then in comes DJ and all of a sudden they have 7 on the board. I am telling you for a flat fact that if Richt uses DJ the right way, UGA is going to be some kind of dangerous. Plus, I kind of think that Ainge may fall into the soph slump this year. He was so great last year, better than anybody could have hoped. I think he will do OK, but too much is expected of him. I think his jr. year will be alot better.

Let me also take you back to the second time Schockley was in the game and they did nothing offensively and his throws were off. After the defense got use to him he wasn't as much of a threat.

Originally posted by westsidevol@Mar 8, 2005 1:04 PM
I know one thing for sure. Brandon Johnson will not try to tackle Ware around the the legs again. I have the tape of the game and Ware put a number on Johnson. I don't know if I recall a defensive player ever taking a blow like that. It reminded me of Walker running all over Bill Bates some years back.

Yeah, he's not on the team anymore.

Something smells fishy, er - dawgy - in here. :finger:

Originally posted by zizou+Mar 8, 2005 2:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (zizou @ Mar 8, 2005 2:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-westsidevol@Mar 8, 2005 12:34 PM

Let me also take you back to the second time Schockley was in the game and they did nothing offensively and his throws were off. After the defense got use to him he wasn&#39;t as much of a threat. [/quote]
:clap:

I am not sure I really understand this thread. Obviously if UGA has a mobile QB then they are going to put in some sets and plays that take advantage of his mobiliy just as UT would do if they were naming Schaeffer as the starter. Richt is a smart guy and wouldn&#39;t have DJ in the exact same system that he did Green. Naturally, he is going to adjust to what he feels are the strengths of his team.

Is calling it the Charlie Ward offense supposed to make it more effective?? :dunno:

If you have a fast Defense like we do&#33; A mobile QB doesnt mean anything&#33; A la Jason Campbell, Reggie McNeal, Chris Leak, and DJ&#33;&#33;&#33;

Speaking of which Urban Meyer is going to get Leak Hurt by having him run in the SEC&#33;&#33;&#33; But oh well he will soon realize he is not in a the garbage confernce anymore like he was in the mountain west&#33;

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back