United States, Cuba to normalize relations

I'm not whining - I'm discussing process and decision making.

Not only was this not brought to Congress for input; it wasn't brought to the American people.

Can you recall Obama making a case to the American people about our relations with Cuba? Don't you believe a case should be made for such a major policy shift PRIOR to undertaking it? To hell with representative government I guess - he was elected so he doesn't have to even solicit input from those he governs?

I support the end result but the means are just another example of an imperial presidency. It's clear that our current POTUS does not even bother to solicit input from those he rules over. January 2016 cannot get here soon enough.

"but but but......Congress won't listen" --Obamanauts

If you talk to most Cuban-Americans in South Florida, they think this is a good thing because it will enable better communication with family and an opportunity for a better economy for them.

If you talk to GOP Cuban-American politicians (on camera, anyway), they oppose it because it they say it will strengthen the Castro brothers' grip on governing.

Reactions: 3 people
thats false, its the older generation difficult dealing with the cuban gov and the younger Americanized cubans not understanding the older generation...none of the older folks or people emotional about it are saying lets keep the people down, they want the communist regime taken out of power that ruined there lives

Reactions: 1 person
to really feel the pulse on the people of miami id advise finding the interview from yesterday colin cowherd had dan le batard on his show. both parents came from cuba and hes been a miami sports writer his entire career...he has a well balanced perspective of whats going on and pretty much explains both sides views. seeing as how he is a cuban american with older parents who dealt with the regime and escaped it id say his opinion is pretty solid.

If you talk to most Cuban-Americans in South Florida, they think this is a good thing because it will enable better communication with family and an opportunity for a better economy for them.

If you talk to GOP Cuban-American politicians (on camera, anyway), they oppose it because it they say it will strengthen the Castro brothers' grip on governing.

Yeah I think that if 50 years of our sanctions slapping the Castros around :no: hasn't changed it by now, time to try something different.

Debbie Wasserman Shultz is against it. This isn't a right vs left issue.

As he should be. Paul continues to separate himself from the rest of the Republican goons. I think he's got a real shot at the nomination.

I hope so. I need to check NCs primaries and see if I need to register as a republican to vote for him. I hate to do that, but it'd be worth it to vote for Paul.

As he should be. Paul continues to separate himself from the rest of the Republican goons. I think he's got a real shot at the nomination.

If he doesn't get the GOP nomination, then it may be time for like minded libertarians/Constitutionalists to leave the GOP and let them languish away as the loyal opposition party to the Dems from now on.

A word of caution on Rand Paul, who plays a conservative on television.

When the communists and members of the extreme left cult support Rand Paul, it should be a huge red flag to real conservatives.

A word of caution on Rand Paul, who plays a conservative on television.

When the communists and members of the extreme left cult support Rand Paul, it should be a huge red flag to real conservatives.

Lol his father has the most conservative voting record since WWII. And only in your world am I an extreme leftist or communist

VN Store

Back