United States, Cuba to normalize relations

Good move. We need to have normal relationships with our neighbors if possible.

Just watched Obama's speech. Interesting that he is calling on Congress to lift the embargo but he went ahead and did all he can by EO.

To my knowledge, he never went to Congress to even ask for action on this instead choosing to go it alone then tell Congress to get on board.

This is a major policy shift with virtually no consultation with Congress.

The Obama way = the King's doings.

Reactions: 3 people
Just watched Obama's speech. Interesting that he is calling on Congress to lift the embargo but he went ahead and did all he can by EO.

To my knowledge, he never went to Congress to even ask for action on this instead choosing to go it alone then tell Congress to get on board.

He's going to bypass Congress at every opportunity.

Now that being said, relations should be normalized.

Reactions: 2 people

Not really. He is as you say doing what he can by EO. Only Congress can lift the embargo, is my understanding. Will be interesting to see how the GOP plays this. If its just whining like yours that Obama did a bunch by EO, even mainstream GOPers will just roll their eyes.

Come on, get off your duff, GOP, do something. Here's a perfect opportunity to mend some fences with Hispanic voters. Its being given to them on a silver platter. Now watch them f it up.

Marco Rubio is ripping Obola right now on his decision about Cuba. He called Obola the worst US negotiator as a President.

Last edited:
**** Castro. I'm for normalizing relations after we behead all of their leaders.

You're probably kidding, but this is a terrible idea. We don't want to be judge, jury, and executioner on the world stage. It's not a good idea. Let the Cubans handle it, kind of like Hussein.

Reactions: 3 people
Thank you Obama, great move and I wouldn't have asked congress for their input either. Can't build a fence around cuba, so what's the point in asking.

You're probably kidding, but this is a terrible idea. We don't want to be judge, jury, and executioner on the world stage. It's not a good idea. Let the Cubans handle it, kind of like Hussein.

Normalizing relations better have some strict conditions tied to it. Like their treatment of political dissent.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back