US To Consider Arming Ukrainian Forces

Burhead

God-Emperor of Politics
It probably would help the Ukraine more to send US Advisers along with those weapons even though that might start WW3:wacko:

This sounds like a great idea. What could possibly go wrong?

This sounds like a great idea. What could possibly go wrong?

Much less of a risk arming pro-Western government forces than Middle-Eastern rebels I'd imagine.

God, please stay out of it.

We gave them our word that we would help uphold their sovereignty in exchange for giving up their nukes...

Let the EU handle it and let's stay out of it.

You know the Europeans won't do anything.

Much less of a risk arming pro-Western government forces than Middle-Eastern rebels I'd imagine.

We gave them our word that we would help uphold their sovereignty in exchange for giving up their nukes...

You know the Europeans won't do anything.

I know. They should clean up their own back yard without our help.

Arming for what? They've already got enough stockpiled for WWIII.

I'm torn on this. Yea, I'd like us to stay out of this, but Putin seems to have gone incredibly paranoid. I think if he doesn't have a super power stand up to him that he will start using Hitler's playbook. He's a brilliant but very dangerous man.

Reactions: 1 person
i'm torn on this. Yea, i'd like us to stay out of this, but putin seems to have gone incredibly paranoid. I think if he doesn't have a super power stand up to him that he will start using hitler's playbook. He's a brilliant but very dangerous man.

+1000

....and what interest do we have Ukraine again? If W started arming Ukraine, LG and others would foam out the mouth.

They're trying to prevent the conquest of the Ukraine by Russia. If the Ukraine becomes part of Russia again,Eastern Europe is under threat.

If true, and I doubt it, how is that an issue for the US?

NATO, Poland is next door and we are tied in to a defensive treaty with them and the rest

And when they are actually threatened we will join in their defense because of the foreign entanglement called nato. Jumping in based on some world domination theory is foolish
European stability.
If the European powers aren't concerned enough to jump in why should the US be?

Reactions: 2 people
If worst came to very worst the US might have to rescue Europe like it did during WW1 and WW2.

We don't have to. We can let them fight their own battles. We got into WWII cause we got attacked. Economics is what caused WWII, economics is why we were attacked at Pearl Harbor.

Reactions: 2 people
We don't have to. We can let them fight their own battles. We got into WWII cause we got attacked. Economics is what caused WWII, economics is why we were attacked at Pearl Harbor.

I agree 100%. I was at Pearl Harbor last Friday and I can confirm this to be accurate.

VN Store

Back