UT Players out for Outback Bowl (merged)

Looks like we'll be gettin' that new blood of defense after all, with all the academic knuckleheads. Maybe Chris Brown can play DT?

maybe this is why our defense sucked so badly this year, our coaches are dealing with people who are borderline mentally retarded (literally, their IQs probably are close to 70-80).

This crap pisses me off. This is part of being a freakin' college coach. Pay attention to things that will keep your players on the field. Another screw up by both the players and students.

This crap pisses me off. This is part of being a freakin' college coach. Pay attention to things that will keep your players on the field. Another screw up by both the players and students.
Why didn't Trooper know this was about to happen? :blink:

Whatever...It will give more players a chance to get experience. At this point, I am more interested in next year than whether we win a meaningless bowl or not.:thumbsup:

While this is a serious blow, I agree with Overseasorange2. Let's get the young guys some playing time heading into 2008.

Whatever...It will give more players a chance to get experience. At this point, I am more interested in next year than whether we win a meaningless bowl or not.:thumbsup:
Look, I expect to hear a bunch of rooting for the Vols to win from Viet Nam!!! :glare:

It makes me think that Trooper Taylor didn't really keep track of their grades...i mean, he had to know they were in serious danger of failing some classes.

What kind of GPA do you have to have in order to be academically ineligible?

With somebody babysitting the players (or at least supposed to be babysitting the players) how could this even be an issue with the academic support program at UT? This is going to negatively effect recruiting more than the coaching changes I believe, because mamas and daddys look at stuff like this when they're whispering in their kids' ears.

I remember MANY times on my rivals account where potential recruits have said one of their favorite parts about UT would be the Thornton Center and the academic support; that apparently made their parents really sold on the idea of coming to UT. I hope it's publicized that either Trooper Taylor was irresponsible or that these players are just pure idiots.

It makes me think that Trooper Taylor didn't really keep track of their grades...i mean, he had to know they were in serious danger of failing some classes.

What kind of GPA do you have to have in order to be academically ineligible?

With somebody babysitting the players (or at least supposed to be babysitting the players) how could this even be an issue with the academic support program at UT? This is going to negatively effect recruiting more than the coaching changes I believe, because mamas and daddys look at stuff like this when they're whispering in their kids' ears.

I remember MANY times on my rivals account where potential recruits have said one of their favorite parts about UT would be the Thornton Center and the academic support; that apparently made their parents really sold on the idea of coming to UT. I hope it's publicized that either Trooper Taylor was irresponsible or that these players are just pure idiots.
That's what I'm talking about...

VN Store

Back