UT Players out for Outback Bowl (merged)

The article on SI talks about 40 players on the roster with over a 3.0 and 15 with above a 3.5. Lets not sugarcoat this, it's the players fault. They've let their teammates and their university down.

Any of you guys have any eligibility left? Well I'm going to try to see a positive and go along with the idea of at least someone is going to get more playing time. Perhaps we'll find a 2008 potential starter we didn't know about. Otherwise, this has gotta hurt. As far as blame, it is the players who are responsible for their classroom work, they need a boot up the posterior for not putting out the effort, or asking for help.

It wasn't 6 starters- it was six players total, with several starters. Lucas Taylor, Demonte Bolden, and Rico McCoy are the starters. Other than that, it shouldn't have to big of an impact. Taylor will hurt, but that simply means more playing time for Gerald Jones :) Rico is certainly a big playmaker, but that simply means that the other players will have to step it up.

In other news I just have also heard some breaking news that Trooper Taylor may accept the OC job at Oklahoma State.

We gonna get KILLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........j/m......we will pull a surprise win........we always seem too when we aren't suppose to...........:crazy:

Considering Tennessee's recent bowl nightmares and the fact that they have historically been terrible against physical running teams, I would put my $$ on Wisconsin in this game. Tennessee is missing a starting DT and probably the 3rd best defender on the team in McCoy. There are some saying that Hill will play for Wisconsin. If the Badgers make a commitment to run the ball, it could be like the Penn State game last year, and the Nebraska games in the late 90s.

I Believe Very Much That Ainge Wants To Perform Huge To Improve Draft Status...a Few Others As Well...like Foster.
Look For Ut To Score A Bunch
But Wisky May Run All Over The D If We Not Ready

Considering Tennessee's recent bowl nightmares and the fact that they have historically been terrible against physical running teams, I would put my $$ on Wisconsin in this game. Tennessee is missing a starting DT and probably the 3rd best defender on the team in McCoy. There are some saying that Hill will play for Wisconsin. If the Badgers make a commitment to run the ball, it could be like the Penn State game last year, and the Nebraska games in the late 90s.
Because those were similar type games?

Come on, Nebraska pounded us and we never had a shot, however we should have won that PSU game...

Because those were similar type games?

Come on, Nebraska pounded us and we never had a shot, however we should have won that PSU game...

Absolutely right, Nebraska over-whelmed us up front and dominated ever facet of the game, we have control of the PSU game, then a 95 yd fumble return late in the 4th quarter, ball game. But even in that game, I think most UT fans would say we slept walk thru the whole game.

I remember when we kicked the Hypesman Trophy winning Eddie George's Ohio State University's asses... So what's the big deal with Wiscaaahnsin?

VN Store

Back