UT vs. Ole Miss/Vandie

Both of those teams are better than us

And before (I hope) someone condemns you to lethal injection, I say the following. You're right until we prove on the field we're better. The CBJ era is here and I'm a believer but also a pragmatist. VU and OMU played their first game and basically showed they can score points. Which makes their defense look suspect. We haven't played our first game so have no idea if our offense could be as productive against even mid-level SEC talent. And even we consider our defense suspect until proven otherwise. In a sense AP doesn't count since even a bottom tier SEC team would beat them. Darn it, as of last season we are bottom tier.

In a nutshell it should behoove us to sneer at VU and OMU when we ourselves have yet to prove anything this season. Go Vols!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 2 people
HELLO? Do you even hear yourself right now? Are you reading what you are typing? You said, these teams are both better than us currently, but you keep speaking in past tense...

I will agree, both of the defenses are better than LAST YEAR's defense. But you dont know shat about this year's team until they hit the field.

Why dont you let them do that before passing judgement.

You sir are also passing judgement by saying that we will be better than both of these teams. You also have no evidence to back up your claim besides that we have a new coaching staff. Yes you cannot say that UT won't have a break out year, but there are things you can look at like a depth chart and pre-season practice and tell that your team may not be very good.

What are your expectations?

And before (I hope) someone condemns you to lethal injection, I say the following. You're right until we prove on the field we're better. The CBJ era is here and I'm a believer but also a pragmatist. VU and OMU played their first game and basically showed they can score points. Which makes their defense look suspect. We haven't played our first game so have no idea if our offense could be as productive against even mid-level SEC talent. And even we consider our defense suspect until proven otherwise. In a sense AP doesn't count since even a bottom tier SEC team would beat them. Darn it, as of last season we are bottom tier.

In a nutshell it should behoove us to sneer at VU and OMU when we ourselves have yet to prove anything this season. Go Vols!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too Late, I'm there... LOL:)

Reactions: 1 person
HELLO? Do you even hear yourself right now? Are you reading what you are typing? You said, these teams are both better than us currently, but you keep speaking in past tense...

I will agree, both of the defenses are better than LAST YEAR's defense. But you dont know shat about this year's team until they hit the field.

Why dont you let them do that before passing judgement.

EDIT: I meant to comment on your QB/WR comment too.

Treadwell= Freshman Carta-Samuals= Brand new QB at Vandy, um do i need to continue?

Both of those guys pulled in huge numbers. Again, let them play. North could be the next big thing here and you are already saying he's a downside for us

Treadwell was a 5-star #1 Wide Reciever in the country. Carta-Samuals is a senior QB who has a lot of playing experience.

You sir are also passing judgement by saying that we will be better than both of these teams. You also have no evidence to back up your claim besides that we have a new coaching staff. Yes you cannot say that UT won't have a break out year, but there are things you can look at like a depth chart and pre-season practice and tell that your team may not be very good.

What are your expectations?

NO, I am saying that there's no way to know before we play. I am saying you are wrong for passing judgement before we have comparable data. Hence why you asked me for my expectations.

I expect us to go 6-6 and a bowl. I expect us to be good against the run and I have no clue against the pass. Cam Sutton looks promising, and we are definitely stronger at LB and Safety, once Maggitt gets back.

I expect our offense to struggle in long down possessions. But I really dont have much of clue until we aren't playing ourselves in practice.

My point is, there is no way to say FOR SURE, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Vandy and Ole Miss are better than us before we hit the field.

We have a new coach, a different scheme and different players in a lot of positions. You cant compare last year's team to this years in order to make a judgement.

Reactions: 3 people
NO, I am saying that there's no way to know before we play. I am saying you are wrong for passing judgement before we have comparable data. Hence why you asked me for my expectations.

I expect us to go 6-6 and a bowl. I expect us to be good against the run and I have no clue against the pass. Cam Sutton looks promising, and we are definitely stronger at LB and Safety, once Maggitt gets back.

I expect our offense to struggle in long down possessions. But I really dont have much of clue until we aren't playing ourselves in practice.

My point is, there is no way to say FOR SURE, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Vandy and Ole Miss are better than us before we hit the field.

We have a new coach, a different scheme and different players in a lot of positions. You cant compare last year's team to this years in order to make a judgement.

You can a little bit because you are still dealing with the same players. Yes they have a new coach and new scheme, but like I said our depth chart is looking very dismal in some places.

For example how do you think palardy will do this year? Better because of a new coach or the same?

Nobody will know that until post-Oregon and Florida.

I disagree my friend how we play against one powerhouse and another good team, will not reflect how we play against two very mediocre teams. Remember TINY said we will not lose to Vandy!:rock:

Treadwell was a 5-star #1 Wide Reciever in the country. Carta-Samuals is a senior QB who has a lot of playing experience.

North was 4 Star, No. 2 WR according to Rivals and No. 1 in the state of NC. Look it up.

Marquez North - Yahoo! Sports

Here, I did it for you.

And one of you said, we have a new QB, well not technically since Worley was here and has played in the SEC. That's more than you can say for Carta-Samuals. His "Experience" just like Worley's is from a different system and coach.

He's a "freshman" in Vandy's offense. Just like Worley is a new QB according to you.

You can a little bit because you are still dealing with the same players. Yes they have a new coach and new scheme, but like I said our depth chart is looking very dismal in some places.

For example how do you think palardy will do this year? Better because of a new coach or the same?

No, you can't, not logically any way. We didn't return 22 starters, so these arent the same players. And a different system and coach make a huge difference. Just ask the San Francisco 49ers. They weant from a horrible NFL team to a great one in one year with a better coach.

And now we are comparing Kickers? How did we go from Defense and QB/WR to kickers? You are grasping at straws now, homie. Ive made my point.

I disagree my friend how we play against one powerhouse and another good team, will not reflect how we play against two very mediocre teams. Remember TINY said we will not lose to Vandy!:rock:

Agreed,
With the way the SEC is, you really can't compare us with Vandy,

UNTIL WE PLAY FN VANDY!

I know, right? That kid was begging to come out, and it was like somebody told him to go line-up because he turned around and dragged himself to the LOS.

Then collapsed and started puking?! Really poor coaching, IMO, it could have won them the game with that 4th down, but it ended up costing them the game when he tipped the pass.

I HATE Vandy and am so glad they lost, but I felt bad for the kid. He was so upset with himself at the end. I think Franklin is a total tool, but you gotta admit, he gets those kids to play hard for him.

Vandy's Defense could not do anything with that read-option. DUDE, they are running screens and short routes, put a QB Spy LB there, just in case the qb takes off. If it is a pass, at least you got somebody covering the flat slant in the middle.

Vandy's got some decent RB's but you saw what happened to their offense without J Matthews. And they run a lot of the same plays over and over, so did Ole MIss.

I will say that I am glad we are running the Read-option this year, It gives so many teams such a difficult time. It can be a pass, it can be a RB run, it can be a Sneak, it's so destructive against a struggling D.

Thats why i run it on NCAA14 no one knows how to stop it.

Thats why i run it on NCAA14 no one knows how to stop it.

I do. Select the weak side Defensive end, opposite the running back and stay home. then have a QB Spy LB.

Stopped. you might give up a pass here and there, but that's where you rely on your CBs in coverage.

My son runs it all the time. I put his 1st two QBs out for the season when he played with USCjr. lol

He played the rest of the game with a WR at QB, ala KY 2011. It didnt work so well for him... :)

No, you can't, not logically any way. We didn't return 22 starters, so these arent the same players. And a different system and coach make a huge difference. Just ask the San Francisco 49ers. They weant from a horrible NFL team to a great one in one year with a better coach.

And now we are comparing Kickers? How did we go from Defense and QB/WR to kickers? You are grasping at straws now, homie. Ive made my point.

I'm grasping at straws lol? I already made my point too! I'll admit it has been hard to stay positive after the last couple of years. I am a 17 year old die hard fan, and my expectations are just not very high I guess.

I'm grasping at straws lol? I already made my point too! I'll admit it has been hard to stay positive after the last couple of years. I am a 17 year old die hard fan, and my expectations are just not very high I guess.

Why didnt you just say this from the get-go? I would have saved myself the trouble. :) jk Young bucks deserve their opinions too. But that's why us old farts are here, to set you kids straight.

Ill give you some advice I give my 13 year old, "You will never know more than you know when you're a teenager..."

I noticed you never commented back on North, thoughts???

No. 2 WR in the country? you dont think he will have any kind of impact? Gained a starting job without being here for spring? Being bragged about by everybody on the team??? Nothing???

Why didnt you just say this from the get-go?

I would have saved myself the trouble. I noticed you never commented back on North, thoughts???

No. 2 WR in the country? you dont think he will have any kind of impact? Gained a starting job without being here for spring? Being bragged about by everybody on the team??? Nothing???

I did not think it made a difference. Yes I think he will have an impact, but Ole Miss had a couple of really good wideouts out there. We have some good ones too, but most are young and inexperienced hopefully they will contribute.

I did not think it made a difference. Yes I think he will have an impact, but Ole Miss had a couple of really good wideouts out there. We have some good ones too, but most are young and inexperienced hopefully they will contribute.

Check my edit above, the age thing was a joke young buck. And I agree with the WR, but unproven and bad are too different things. Pig, Croom and North were all highly recruited coming out of HS. These kids could be just as good or better than Ole Miss's recievers this year. Don't jump to any conclusions bc you havent seen them play

If that vandy team beat us.. shoot me.. it the same ol vandy they played OK but found a way to lose.. same crap they have been doing for years.

All summer this board has said cbj gets it n he is the next Gen. Ney.blah blah n now the season is here we sux n have less talent than vandy... no freaking way.. they only won last year due to the team quitting on dools n that's it. They didn't have better talent.

We r not going to lose to vandy or Kent or cbj is the wrong coach for tn.

Franklin flipped off a black bear on his way out

P1000210.JPG

"Man, what's his problem?"

well... I actually enjoyed the game. Sure it was sloppy in places... both defenses could have played smarter, etc... but what I did see was a fighting spirit from both squads. It was a good back and forth.

I just have a feeling we may be down by 10 at some point this season... and I sure hope our fight is back. I think CBJ will make darn sure it is. Also... I am so glad we have a coach that doesn't act like a buffoon on the sidelines (if his tenure at Cincy is any indicator).

Much too early to know how we'd match up with either team. I did feel that OMU was the better team on the night.

well... I actually enjoyed the game. Sure it was sloppy in places... both defenses could have played smarter, etc... but what I did see was a fighting spirit from both squads. It was a good back and forth.

I just have a feeling we may be down by 10 at some point this season... and I sure hope our fight is back. I think CBJ will make darn sure it is. Also... I am so glad we have a coach that doesn't act like a buffoon on the sidelines (if his tenure at Cincy is any indicator).

Much too early to know how we'd match up with either team. I did feel that OMU was the better team on the night.

I agree with every single thing you just said. EVERYTHING! and it's not just bc that moonshine looks delicious, EDIT: oh wait, that's not real moonshine, it's old smokey's:)

We have more talent per espn, scout, 247, ect...

My expections are we are better than either of them.

Me too but it remains yet to be proven on the field. Until then, I think it very premature to sneer at VU and OMU.

VN Store

Back