UT vs. Ole Miss/Vandie

Last year UT scored a very nice 36.2 ppg.... and allowed 35.7 ppg. That was 107th in the NCAA and dead last in the SEC by almost a TD. To believe that is a function of talent... you have to believe that the recruiting svcs were universally and terribly wrong about virtually all of UT's defensive players. It was a function of the moronic decision to go to the 3-4, horrible hire of Sunseri, and then the incompetence of both Sunseri and Dooley. It did not even occur to Dooley to get more involved with the D until around game 8 or 9. Being that oblivious is a firing offence in and of itself.

IF this is the coach and staff we all need and hope for then they'll allow around 20 ppg or slightly over and will score around 30 or slightly under... and they'll win 7 or 8 games.

Reactions: 1 person
I personally thought that both Ole Miss and Vandy played pretty well, considering it was first game of the season. To open with an SEC opponent I think is pretty tough. No chance to get the rust out and every mistake magnified.

Reactions: 2 people
UT has more talent than either. Who is the better team comes down to whether Jones can coach or not.

Disagree we might have more talent on paper but we will have to see the play. We will not know how good the coach is for a couple of years but I see that some will be calling for His head quickly.

How do you think the Vols would have matched up last night with these two?

Vandie was the more experienced group last night. UT will be playing tons of freshmen with little depth and a new system.

I'm not sure if we watched two "okay" teams or two pretty good teams duke it out last night. It was hard to tell.

Luckily for Vandie they played really hard especially in the second quarter. Without their 21 points in second quarter it was likely a blow out.

Both teams would have beat us by 10 to 14 points last night, now by season ends, we got a good chance at either, now OleMiss is coming all them freshman, they will only get better, Vandys problem like ours someone goes down big drop of.:ermm:

Vandy got tired on Defense and that is what we plan to do... wear them down with fast paced offense.

Our strength and conditioning would hopefully have prevented those big plays at the end. and Big Dan would have forced Bo to scramble more...into the waiting arms of a TN LB. Ka-Boom! Can U feel me now? Good!

Ole Miss will be a ranked team next year. They are just young with tons of talent.

I'm glad we are UT not Vandy or Ole Miss.
Posted via VolNation Mobile[/QUOT

Yes. But we could easily be 5-7 or 6-6. We are on about the same playing field as these two sadly. Also, we got our asses kicked in Nashville last year.....

We had already given up last year. That's why CAndy beat down on us as hard as they did

Vols beat both of those teams this Year and Next! Neither Ole Miss or Vandy has a Defense and Vols have much more talent.

It looked like candy was having a lot of trouble with the hurry up O that OM threw at them. Thought the keepers by Giles County's own Bo Wallace were masterful. I screamed & hollered with joy when OM got the winning TD & ripped the doors off the commodes! Looks like Peabody has 4-5 really good players & the rest are the usual 2nd & 3rd tier players they're used to.

Both teams would have beat us by 10 to 14 points last night, now by season ends, we got a good chance at either, now OleMiss is coming all them freshman, they will only get better, Vandys problem like ours someone goes down big drop of.:ermm:

The game is played out for a reason. You can't give out wins and losses based on the stats on a piece of paper.

I will never understand why there is so much hate for Vandy from Vols fans.

They are Vandy. It's like hating the 5 year old kid who finally learns to ride a bike and gets excited.

They are never going to be us, nor Bama, nor Florida.

Let them have their fun and enjoy having an actual winning season.

It will never be more than that.

Maybe we should see how we look on the field prior to any comparisons?

Radical idea, Volman, truly so. Two thoughts:
1. It was nice to see that Vandy still has their old tradition of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
2. In the 2 matchups yesterday involving SEC teams (USCe/UNC & UM/Vandy), the winning team had a QB who could uh, how do I want to say this, .. really hurt the opponent not just with passing but also running the ball...

CANDY CANDY CANDY CANDY!!!! That's ALL that Vandy will EVER be a piece of CANDY for Vols to suck on and enjoy thoroughly!!! LMFAO!!! :)

Well everyone knows We Would A Whipped There ASSES. SERIOUSLY two competitive teams played a sloppy but entertaining game. I need to see our team play a few games to really know how we will do against them. Then We Would a Whipped There Asses.

Too much awesome in this post.

Disagree we might have more talent on paper but we will have to see the play. We will not know how good the coach is for a couple of years but I see that some will be calling for His head quickly.

You are deluded if you believe that. There are more future NFL players on UT's roster than either of those rosters. UT has more athleticism across the board. By any measure you choose... UT has more talent.

VN Store

Back