Vaccine or not?

Posting a link without commentary to a covid story about an anti vax conservative Nashville talk radio personality on a Tennessee based political forum in a thread about vaccines is about as relevant as you could probably get.
So you are giddy about this right?

If you can't nip it in the bud, you will always be playing catchup. China owes the world big time for their stupidity and duplicity. The covid costs will accrue for a long time, and they need to be charged to China.

Okay, if Congress could force all American-owned companies to cease any manufacturing done in China would you support that without crying about the free market and big gov overreach? American companies pay congress members well to ensure they can keep their operations in China. It goes beyond Democrats and Republicans.

So you are giddy about this right?

200.gif

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
Okay, if Congress could force all American-owned companies to cease any manufacturing done in China would you support that without crying about the free market and big gov overreach? American companies pay congress members well to ensure they can keep their operations in China. It goes beyond Democrats and Republicans.
It's not "big government" when its something you agree with.

Posting a link without commentary to a covid story about an anti vax conservative Nashville talk radio personality on a Tennessee based political forum in a thread about vaccines is about as relevant as you could probably get.
Perhaps you are right, however the fact that this guys demise has been chronicled quite often in this thread leads me to believe some are giddy in here about it.

This is nothing like a flu shot. The only real similar thing is they are both injected. Similarities largely end there.
You know that the flu vaccine was developed because of the flu pandemic of 1918....so pandemic for similar virus 30 year developing vax. Seems similair. Just 1 was tested over 30 years the other rushed......ill take more data on a vax before i take it...for instant 1 thing need to be reinfection rate..not estimate but actual rate and number of those vaxed the reinfected not just those hospitalized...but oh the CDC stopped counting may 1st on infected and focus on hospitalizations...so reinfection rate could he 100% but CDC only relaying the 20% hospitalized...meaning if that re-infection were true im theroy then the vax is worthless...so without all the true data we gave no idea how effective the vax is

What benefit do you find in actively attempting to other and outgroup?

Politics is the simply art of getting powerless people to blame other powerless people for their struggles real or perceived. Constant us vs. them messaging on a loop works well, simply because the struggle of humanity to survive in our recent tribal past has been mostly about avoiding death at the hands of other humans or their diseases we have no immunity to.

With cable and social media monetizing outrage culture no issue is apolitical any more. People no longer need to be told who to blame, or whether to politicize an issue. Of course, "they" are to blame for everything.

Still, the powerful will always easily get what they want, mainly either socialized government help or no government oversight. The more turmoil, the greater the wealth they amass. Civil War? That's great for a Cornelius Vanderbilt. Pandemic? Uncle Jeff Bezos has your TP right here.

But I notice the issues the powerful use as wedges to keep the powerless at each other's throats never see serious traction despite billions of dollars on ads pushing those wedges deeper every cycle.

Perhaps you are right, however the fact that this guys demise has been chronicled quite often in this thread leads me to believe some are giddy in here about it.
I personally don’t believe there is anyone in the PF that gets excited when someone is hospitalized. Hopefully everyone here is on board wishing that guy a speedy recovery.

I did a search before I posted the link and the last update I could find was done by me on 7/23.

His condition has since changed and I updated his current condition.

Being somewhat of a local celebrity I thought some might have interest in the story.

If you can pass along some advice on how to make my posts less "giddy" I'm always open to self improvement.

I did a search before I posted the link and the last update I could find was done by me on 7/23.

His condition has since changed and I updated his current condition.

Being somewhat of a local celebrity I thought some might have interest in the story.

If you can pass along some advice on how to make my posts less "giddy" I'm always open to self improvement.
It was just my take. Post as you see fit.

It's chronicled because it's relevant and because he was so adamantly against the very thing that could have saved him from his current predicament.

Reactions: AM64
If you don't know the difference between the flu vaccine and this one it's obvious you are either being purposefully obtuse or absolutely uninformed. Nothing like this vaccine has been attempted at this level with so little study and information.

The history of vaccine safety is well documented, there are very few cases of vaccines having any post market or long term safety issues. What’s more unknown are the long term health consequences of having COVID. I’ll take my chances with a vaccine

But thanks for the condescending post anyway

Reactions: ENGRVOL and AM64
The history of vaccine safety is well documented, there are very few cases of vaccines having any post market or long term safety issues. What’s more unknown are the long term health consequences of having COVID. I’ll take my chances with a vaccine

While I agree with you on the history of vaccine safety overall, the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are different in many aspects. I can understand many people's apprehension.

While I agree with you on the history of vaccine safety overall, the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are different in many aspects. I can understand many people's apprehension.

Im not a Biden fan by any measure, but he did say something recently that was very true…….currently the pandemic only exists in the unvaccinated

You know that the flu vaccine was developed because of the flu pandemic of 1918....so pandemic for similar virus 30 year developing vax. Seems similair. Just 1 was tested over 30 years the other rushed......ill take more data on a vax before i take it...for instant 1 thing need to be reinfection rate..not estimate but actual rate and number of those vaxed the reinfected not just those hospitalized...but oh the CDC stopped counting may 1st on infected and focus on hospitalizations...so reinfection rate could he 100% but CDC only relaying the 20% hospitalized...meaning if that re-infection were true im theroy then the vax is worthless...so without all the true data we gave no idea how effective the vax is
If this vaccine worked and had a similar delivery mechanism as the flu vaccine then I would agree the 30 years of science surrounding it would be valid. As it isn't we are starting from square 1. We are manipulating DNA, that can have very long term, recessive side effects that can't possibly be understood at this point. Not to mention some of the points you outlined above.

This isn't a classical vaccine. The science of prior vaccines does not apply here. Completely different in delivery in that it alters RNA and there is no long term data or science for a vaccine like that in aware of. We know next to nothing about the long term effects of either the virus or this vaccine.

If there is some science or data backing up your assertion that long term effects are known id be interested in reading through it.

If I came off condescending I apologize. I'm not even anti vax but misinformation coming from both sides of this argument muddy the waters and make decisions for people much harder IMO.

Reactions: jp1
Father of 5 Dies of COVID: 'I Should Have Gotten the Damn Vaccine'

A Las Vegas man has died of COVID-19 after declining to get the vaccine, leaving behind his fiancée and their five children.
Michael Freedy, 39, died of COVID-19 after contracting the disease while on vacation in San Diego, California, with his fiancée, Jessica DuPreez, and their five children — ages 17, 10, 7, 6 and 17 months. Freedy told DuPreez that he regretted not getting the vaccine just before his death.
DuPreez and Freedy had been waiting to see any possible effects of the vaccine before getting it for themselves. While hospitalized with a severe case of COVID-19, Feedy texted his fiancée, "I should have gotten the damn vaccine."

Father of 5 Dies of COVID: 'I Should Have Gotten the Damn Vaccine'

A Las Vegas man has died of COVID-19 after declining to get the vaccine, leaving behind his fiancée and their five children.
Michael Freedy, 39, died of COVID-19 after contracting the disease while on vacation in San Diego, California, with his fiancée, Jessica DuPreez, and their five children — ages 17, 10, 7, 6 and 17 months. Freedy told DuPreez that he regretted not getting the vaccine just before his death.
DuPreez and Freedy had been waiting to see any possible effects of the vaccine before getting it for themselves. While hospitalized with a severe case of COVID-19, Feedy texted his fiancée, "I should have gotten the damn vaccine."
One of my favorite sayings- the plural of anecdote is not data

Reactions: Rickyvol77
If this vaccine worked and had a similar delivery mechanism as the flu vaccine then I would agree the 30 years of science surrounding it would be valid. As it isn't we are starting from square 1. We are manipulating DNA, that can have very long term, recessive side effects that can't possibly be understood at this point. Not to mention some of the points you outlined above.
So for me along with those the points you raised...that why most are hesitant...we know right now that covid has a 99.7 % chance for most under 60....the vax we're not given hard data on effectiveness, we are getting cherry picked stats. And being we are at step 1 with and unknown possible bio-weapon, worries me greatly. I for one work best with hard data and being able to ask questions.

VN Store

Back