Vaccine or not?

The bolded is where the ultimate power is though. The Feds can lean on interstate commerce oversight to coerce any airline to do whatever they want.
For me the fuzzy is based on stick vs carrot. Using the stick to get companies to comply is wrong. Using the carrot to encourage companies to comply can be ok.

Reactions: hog88
Just got the numbers back from the my University. 80% fully vaccinated, 20% with medical, moral, or religious objection registered, less than 50 people total who haven't yet turned in their forms.

The pre-term withdrawal rate is at the same amount as before the pandemic, so guidelines aren't running anyone off. The University president came by today's faculty meeting to remind us to be inclusive of everyone regardless of vax status and to notify student conduct if anyone is being an agitator in either direction during instructional time.

Nice even-handed approach.

Scary that institutions require papers to opt out of putting something in your body.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
A death sentence imposed by a court of law says that a life can be forfeited.

Like I said - a right to life or any other right, isn't absolute.
Again your legality above includes multiple branches of the government, actually all of them.

The Covid mandates is really only one or two of them. And the courts have stayed out of it. Which in this case hurts the mandates, because typically it takes active actions/involvement by all three for rights to be denied.

And the entire justification for Covid being different to deny rights boils down to the legal backing of..........some people are scared?

Again your legality above includes multiple branches of the government, actually all of them.

The Covid mandates is really only one or two of them. And the courts have stayed out of it. Which in this case hurts the mandates, because typically it takes active actions/involvement by all three for rights to be denied.

And the entire justification for Covid being different to deny rights boils down to the legal backing of..........some people are scared?

That's (the death penalty) a different scenario, of course it requires a legal basis to impose. You don't have the legal or Constitutionally protected "right" to fly, so stop calling it a "right." It's not, you can tell by the way they can throw your ass off a plane for not wearing a mask any reason they want.

You're conflating the two. Trying to compare apples and Buicks isn't interesting to me.

That's (the death penalty) a different scenario, of course it requires a legal basis to impose. You don't have the legal or Constitutionally protected "right" to fly, so stop calling it a right. It's not.

You're conflating the two. Trying to compare apples and Buicks isn't interesting to me.
It’s exactly what the hell you did when you brought in limited rights due to criminal activity FFS!!! 🤦‍♂️

It’s exactly what the hell you did when you brought in limited rights due to criminal activity FFS!!! 🤦‍♂️

No, it's what you did when you shoehorned Constitutionally protected gun rights into a conversation about the privilege of flying on an airplane.

The courts have mostly ruled in favor of the vaccine mandates such as in the IU decision. To say thay they've stayed out of it isn't exactly true. There haven't been a ton of cases yet, so they haven't had much opportunity.

No, it's what you did when you shoehorned Constitutionally protected gun rights into a conversation about the privilege of flying on an airplane.
I did no such thing!

ok I did actually use your statement on only privileges being impacted by government denial to make a point…

That's (the death penalty) a different scenario, of course it requires a legal basis to impose. You don't have the legal or Constitutionally protected "right" to fly, so stop calling it a "right." It's not, you can tell by the way they can throw your ass off a plane for not wearing a mask any reason they want.

Your post circles back to what I said earlier. A private business can throw me off their plane for just about whatever. The federal government (subject of the discussion) doesnt have free license to throw me off someone elses plane.

Now sure if I am trying to get out of Kabul then yeah the government can chuck me off a wheel well or something. But I doubt you are talking Biden Air.

The courts have mostly ruled in favor of the vaccine mandates such as in the IU decision. To say thay they've stayed out of it isn't exactly true. There haven't been a ton of cases yet, so they haven't had much opportunity.
Again they are upholding a groups right to set their own mandates. Something I, and what else I have read here, havent denied. I may have missed it but I dont think IU was citing federal vaccine mandates on their own campus.

Federal government is one thing. Not the federal government is another. That's the entire argument here.

When anyone says "they" make mandates they need to specify who it is.

Scary that institutions require papers to opt out of putting something in your body.

They aren't putting anything in anyone's body. Or requiring them to opt out of something they aren't doing in the first place.

So Tumblr dude is an epidemiologist too? Man, he's incredible. Politics, election security, epidemiology... How is he not employed by a major think tank at this point?

So Tumblr dude is an epidemiologist too? Man, he's incredible. Politics, election security, epidemiology... How is he not employed by a major think tank at this point?
I never saw where he claimed this. I'd say his opinion is as valid as yours is.

VN Store

Back