Vols #15 in the inaugural Coaches poll.

Ok
How is the preseason media poll better than the coaches poll? I would put my trust in an actual mechanic instead of someone that googled how to change a radiator on youtube.
Research has proven it true.

Probably because these aren't coaches actually voting, they don't have time for this crap. It's the SIDs that tend to submit the votes.

The AP preseason poll is slightly better than Vegas preseason odds. There's something to be said to crowdsourcing information. Being voted highly in the preseason AP correlates well to success. That said, at #15, the correlation has degraded a fair bit...as compared to top 3...5...10.

Reactions: Rockytop10nessee
LSU and the best offensive line in the country and a ton a weapons. If Nussmeier is solid and the defense is merely decent, they’ll win 9 games. If the defense is above average, they’re a legit national title contender.
I respectfully disagree. Their OL has two good OTs but they have less experienced depth than we do. They lost a lot of offensive weapons, and their defense absolutely sucked last year. There is not one single unit of the team where I would trade ours for theirs. Every coach on D is new and some of the offensive ones, too. I live in Baton Rouge and follow their coverage every day. We'll know more after their first game vs. USC.

Not an easy place to win in game two.
The “little house”? I still don’t think Michigan is all that, even last year. They have always played such a cupcake schedule. Still think there were better teams than Mich last year, they just peaked at the right time. They will go back to being the most overrated ‘blue blood’ for another 50 years.

Yes, because it likely isn't coaches but SID people. Even if it is coaches, they don't analyze teams from all over the country
How do you know they don’t analyze many other teams around the country? The coaches know far more about who is good and who isn’t.

People would have Tenn higher if Milton was back or the secondary wasn't so awful and then still lost everyone. If it's just a new QB with a Heisman ceiling or 2022 with the secondary, I think they'd be higher.

At this point in the season, the Vols are in the Goldilocks spot for them, not too high and not too low. Beat UTC and State and jump into th e top 10. Don’t overlook UTC. The Mocs are No. 10 in the HERO Sports FCS Preseason Top 25 released Thursday.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I disagree with the opinion that Mizzou, LSU, Clemson, and Utah are better than UT
These polls are worthless, only polls that matter now are the CFP Polls that come out later in the season. These rankings just provide analysts something to talk about, even then, they only talk about Ohio St, Mich, UGA, Texas 99% of the time.

Reactions: wrharvey21
Yeah, I’m aware. But it appears that you don’t understand the concept of a message board if you’re bîtching about subjectivity. Lol.
Ha. Bitching?? Seriously? Dude, this site is just fodder. Surely you recognize humor and sarcasm, don't you?? We are on the same side, btw.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
These polls are worthless, only polls that matter now are the CFP Polls that come out later in the season. These rankings just provide analysts something to talk about, even then, they only talk about Ohio St, Mich, UGA, Texas 99% of the time.
1. Pre-season polls are worthless; no one has proven anything.
2. Early season polls are worthless; none of it counts until the CFP starts their rankings.
3. The first several CFP rankings are worthless; only the last one matters.
4. The final CFP ranking is worthless; only matter what the 12 teams do on the field.
5. The end-of-season poll is worthless; there's the #1 team, and then everyone else is just a loser to them.
6. Football is worthless: there are far more important things in the world than a game with a ball.
7. Life is worthless; you're just gonna die anyway.
8. Existence is senseless.

Congratulations, Armo, you've begun your journey to nihilism.

The key question is, when will you reach the point of caring so little that you stop showing up on this web site? That's when you'll know you're really becoming one of the elite.

Go Vols!

1. Pre-season polls are worthless; no one has proven anything.
2. Early season polls are worthless; none of it counts until the CFP starts their rankings.
3. The first several CFP rankings are worthless; only the last one matters.
4. The final CFP ranking is worthless; only matter what the 12 teams do on the field.
5. The end-of-season poll is worthless; there's the #1 team, and then everyone else is just a loser to them.
6. Football is worthless: there are far more important things in the world than a game with a ball.
7. Life is worthless; you're just gonna die anyway.
8. Existence is senseless.

Congratulations, Army, you've begun your journey to nihilism.

The key question is, when you do reach the point of caring so little that you stop showing up on this web site? That's when you'll know you're really becoming one of the elite.

Go Vols!
You forget to refill your depression medication?

VN Store

Back