Vols don't deserve a 4 seed

This is laughable. I guess the same could be said for UNC, Houston, Purdue, etc., because they all got beat last night as well Houston got mollywhopped by Iowa State, UNC got beat by NC State, Purdue lost in OT to a solid Wisconsin team that Tennessee beat. Its March, upsets happen. They were not interested in that game Friday, it showed, however they will be ready for the tournament and rested.

The only remotely comparable way those games are to ours is NC lost to a #10 seed but it was still the championship game. Purdue lost in OT in the semis and Houston in the championship to a #2 seed. And the worst from a perception aspect, our loss was by far the worst and perception is reality.

Reactions: Score50
The only remotely comparable way those games are to ours is NC lost to a #10 seed but it was still the championship game. Purdue lost in OT in the semis and Houston in the championship to a #2 seed. And the worst from a perception aspect, our loss was by far the worst and perception is reality.
From a reality standpoint, UNC’s was worse based on Kenpom. We can beat teams without a pulse

Reactions: Rockytop10nessee
From a reality standpoint, UNC’s was worse based on Kenpom. We can beat teams without a pulse

But it was still the ACC finals; we dropped a deuce in the quarterfinals and thoroughly got our ass kicked, this after we laid an egg against UK.

No amount of debating is going to undo that optics we screwed ourselves on.

Reactions: Score50
Houston lost by 28! Yea, that’s not a bad look.

But it was still the ACC finals; we dropped a deuce in the quarterfinals and thoroughly got our ass kicked, this after we laid an egg against UK.

Had to check your post history, man you are really driving this same point home in almost every thread 😂

Play lazy, Never anyone under the basket for an offensive rebound. Bigs can't make a lay up rite under it. Maybe make thru 2 games.
I can’t disagree with anything you said. Maybe add that the two 5th year seniors should have moved on. If they would have, we would probably be better by now because the young guys would have been veterans by now. Now we don’t know what we have on the bench for next year. Lots of what if with this team.

I don’t disagree because narratives are lazy. Just stinks sometimes that it would help to be in a mediocre power 5 conference

True but anybody who knows basketball realizes that Miss. State could give most teams problems. They have a ton of athletic size that presents unique problems, especially with an officiating crew that allows a lot of contact.

I don’t disagree because narratives are lazy. Just stinks sometimes that it would help to be in a mediocre power 5 conference

I hate it was a perfect storm for us to lose the #1 seed. We had an impossible gauntlet to win the SEC Regular season and the schedule was terrible having us end with UK after all that.

With UT basketball, well UT sports in general it seems like it always has to be the perfect path laid out, any deviation and we get punished.

True but anybody who knows basketball realizes that Miss. State could give most teams problems. They have a ton of athletic size that presents unique problems, especially with an officiating crew that allows a lot of contact.

Yes, but we rolled over and didn't show up. I don't give a damn who Miss St. is or who they'd give problems to, that's inexcusable and at least for me is the main takeway. That was one of the worst efforts I've seen since Buzz Peterson. We knew a #1 seed was in play and we didn't even put up a fight.

Reactions: volfeeva
Yes, but we rolled over and didn't show up. I don't give a damn who Miss St. is or who they'd give problems to, that's inexcusable and at least for me is the main takeway. That was one of the worst efforts I've seen since Buzz Peterson. We knew a #1 seed was in play and we didn't even put up a fight.
Yep....Auburn faced them yesterday and won. We are going to see folks in the NCAA's that could beat the doors off Miss State. If we go very far that is.

Yeah we'd never beat a team like Auburn
Who said anything about us beating Auburn. State cornholed us and Auburn won in a close one. You want to go into the NCAA's playing your best...we aren't.

Would you have bet big money that we would have beaten Auburn at Auburn?

Who said anything about us beating Auburn. State cornholed us and Auburn won in a close one. You want to go into the NCAA's playing your best...we aren't.

Would you have bet big money that we would have beaten Auburn at Auburn?
We beat Auburn in the only scheduled game. They're going to be a 3 seed yet you believe there's a bunch of other teams that would beat the doors off MSU. No one else believes the narrative you just made up except maybe the whiny OP

We fought but couldn't make a damn shot. We missed so many open 3's it was ridiculous. Shoot 30-35% from 3 and that game is completely different. Fewer run-outs for MSU and opens up the inside and driving lanes for us.

We beat Auburn in the only scheduled game. They're going to be a 3 seed yet you believe there's a bunch of other teams that would beat the doors off MSU. No one else believes the narrative you just made up except maybe the whiny OP
Your opinion....And yes there are teams in the NCAAs that will beat MSU good....You crowning a 8-10 team as a hard out now? You have a high opinion of a 9 seed.

Your opinion....And yes there are teams in the NCAAs that will beat MSU good....You crowning a 8-10 team as a hard out now? You have a high opinion of a 9 seed.
No I'm saying auburn will be one of the better teams in the tourney. There won't be many better and the committee agrees

No I'm saying auburn will be one of the better teams in the tourney. There won't be many better and the committee agrees
I agree on Auburn...and won't be surprised if they go further than UT will. Good thing we got them at home. And the committee thought enough of UT they had us penciled in as a 1 seed until we laid a huge egg against a 9 seed that was 8-10.

Uhhh, Houston was the number one team in the country, and got ANNIHILATED

In the B12 Championship......to a #2 seed, one that is getting a late push to be a #1 seed.
They lost by 28 - they were NEVER in the game!

It is March! Several teams got a reminder - I'm hopefully that wakes our players up. We have the talent to beat anyone when we use that talent.

Reactions: cgrish
I can’t disagree with anything you said. Maybe add that the two 5th year seniors should have moved on. If they would have, we would probably be better by now because the young guys would have been veterans by now. Now we don’t know what we have on the bench for next year. Lots of what if with this team.
I feel like the two of you are a carrot and a cardboard box away from a thriving rabbit-catching business.

VN Store

Back