Vols don't deserve a 4 seed

Etowahvol,If you are so down and hopeless,go to the middle of the river there and walk to knoxville underwater.

IMHO there is parity in college basketball that is unlike football, where there is not that great of difference talent wise between any team in the top 20. In football, you had Georgia ranked #1 almost all season and it would be a shocker to see a 15th ranked team beat a top3 in football, but in basketball that happens all the time. Just look at how many different teams ranked #1 this season, and also look at the win-loss of the top 10 in tourney play this weekend. Also no #1 seed team made it to the final 4 last year. My point is there is way too much emphasis on being seeded 1 or 2, and even on the SEC championship game. This time of the year we should be playing our best ball . UCON is the only team that looks like a team to fear

Vols earned a 2 seed easily and the SEC title from the regular season is undeniable proof. Tough league, brutal non-conference schedule.

I feel like the two of you are a carrot and a cardboard box away from a thriving rabbit-catching business.
Lol. Well that would have been more fun than watching the Vols get beat by 20 by a 9/10 seed. One thing about watching the Vols in March, you only need to be around to watch a day or one weekend.

Bruce continues to get players and play a fast pace game. It is also an entertaining game to watch. Oh….the good ole days.

Play lazy, Never anyone under the basket for a offensive rebound. Bigs can't make a lay up rite under it. Maybe make thru 2 games.

Huh. I had no idea beating Auburn at home, and then beating Alabama and South Carolina on the road in consecutive games, constituted "lazy." That's a new one.

IMHO there is parity in college basketball that is unlike football, where there is not that great of difference talent wise between any team in the top 20. In football, you had Georgia ranked #1 almost all season and it would be a shocker to see a 15th ranked team beat a top3 in football, but in basketball that happens all the time. Just look at how many different teams ranked #1 this season, and also look at the win-loss of the top 10 in tourney play this weekend. Also no #1 seed team made it to the final 4 last year. My point is there is way too much emphasis on being seeded 1 or 2, and even on the SEC championship game. This time of the year we should be playing our best ball . UCON is the only team that looks like a team to fear
It's not your opinion. It is fact

We are virtually unanimously seen as a 2 seed by anyone and everyone but this jack wagon thinks we don’t even deserve a 4 seed 😂

Reactions: EZE
Play lazy, Never anyone under the basket for a offensive rebound. Bigs can't make a lay up rite under it. Maybe make thru 2 games.

Just when you think the insanity has reached what has to be a peak, we get a post like this that reminds us that insanity has no boundaries on Vol Nation.

Reactions: vol94 and Voltopia
Lol. Well that would have been more fun than watching the Vols get beat by 20 by a 9/10 seed. One thing about watching the Vols in March, you only need to be around to watch a day or one weekend.

Bruce continues to get players and play a fast pace game. It is also an entertaining game to watch. Oh….the good ole days.

We’ll see how this ages.

Quite a remarkable post. Have you forgotten about all the other games we've played?

You can make the point we don’t deserve a 1 seed. We don’t. But 4? That seems like the ramblings of a mad man.

Well, this clown is the definition of a troll, and he got three pages out of as obviously idiotic and over the top an OP as you could dream up. Mission accomplished.

The lesson here? Do. Not. Feed. The. Trolls !!!!!

They live for any response, regardless how insulting, and will disappear when ignored. Don't give them what they crave.

The only remotely comparable way those games are to ours is NC lost to a #10 seed but it was still the championship game. Purdue lost in OT in the semis and Houston in the championship to a #2 seed. And the worst from a perception aspect, our loss was by far the worst and perception is reality.
We played NC State. They are not very good. Losing to them, in my opinion, is worse than losing to Mississippi State. You are entitled to your opinion, but so is every other poster. Just understand that not everyone will agree with your highly subjective criteria for "which loss was the worst."

Reactions: Lankykong
We played NC State. They are not very good. Losing to them, in my opinion, is worse than losing to Mississippi State. You are entitled to your opinion, but so is every other poster. Just understand that not everyone will agree with your highly subjective criteria for "which loss was the worst."

I never said everyone would agree with me. On a Tennessee site, I'm not even remotely surprised if most would not agree with me.

Outside this bubble, though, I doubt my opinion is in the minority.

Just for the record ..... Per Joe Lunardi's "Bracketology," Tennessee has 8 wins over 7 of the 20 teams that he currently has seeded among the top 5 in a region.

Tennessee beat :

Auburn - Lunardi has them as a 3 seed
Illinois - Lunardi has them as a 3 seed
Alabama (twice) -Lunardi has them as a 4 seed
Kentucky - Lunardi has them as a 4 seed
Florida -Lunardi has them as a 5 seed
Wisconsin - Lunardi has them as a 5 seed
South Carolina - Lunardi has them as a 5 seed

^^^^ 4 of these 8 wins were on the road. ^^^^
(Alabama, Kentucky, Wisconsin, and South Carolina)

Strictly per Joe Lunardi's "Bracketology" projections, Tennessee has more wins (8) among the 20 teams projected to be among the top 5 seeds, than anyone else in the field.

Of course, Joe Lunardi could make some adjustments to his bracket before the NCAA Tournament Selection Show, but at least as of right now, that's what he has. It goes without saying that Joe Lunardi could also be way off with some of these projections, but in the past, he has proven himself to be pretty good at this.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back