Vols Fall Practice #9

I was ignored back on practice #1 when I said Moore looks better than Nico. He just does. Nico might have the IT factor in games with scrambling and just straight up getting it done. I dont know. What I do know is if you watch these practices without rose colored glasses on Nico you will see Moore passes the eye test. His foot work is better, his throws look crisper, and he is hitting receivers without them turning back for the ball. All I’m saying is what I’ve seen. lol. People get super mad because they want Nico to be the savior. They also use the “coach had them behind such and such” excuse when we have seen time and again that doesn’t mean anything. Think Hooker, Kamara, even Wright recently.
Right cuz everyone who gets to actually watch the practices have said Nico is the real deal.

Moore will not touch the field unless Nico gets hurt or it's mop up duty.

crazy talk
I have never, ever, claimed to be stable, cause even I think I'm crazy. Just the same, The cracked crystal ball insists that Gaston is actually is more system experienced, throws better, is less sackable, and at this point, overall better suited to Heup-ball than Nico. We can, and will win with Nicky, but there will be games where we are better off with the Gas man. The ball has spoken.

CrackedCrystalBall1.png

I have never, ever, claimed to be stable, cause even I think I'm crazy. Just the same, The cracked crystal ball insists that Gaston is actually is more system experienced, throws better, is less sackable, and at this point, overall better suited to Heup-ball than Nico. We can, and will win with Nicky, but there will be games where we are better off with the Gas man. The ball has spoken.

View attachment 666360
i get what you're saying cause i'm freaking nuts also but i know Moore was with CJH at UCF, helped Hooker and Milton learn the offense and he knows the system to a tee i believe we are in great hands if god forbid something happens with Nico, lets see Nico in 3 games and i will have a better idea what UT really has....

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
I was ignored back on practice #1 when I said Moore looks better than Nico. He just does. Nico might have the IT factor in games with scrambling and just straight up getting it done. I dont know. What I do know is if you watch these practices without rose colored glasses on Nico you will see Moore passes the eye test. His foot work is better, his throws look crisper, and he is hitting receivers without them turning back for the ball. All I’m saying is what I’ve seen. lol. People get super mad because they want Nico to be the savior. They also use the “coach had them behind such and such” excuse when we have seen time and again that doesn’t mean anything. Think Hooker, Kamara, even Wright recently.

A 5th year QB who's been in the system for 5 years, looks more comfortable running it than a redshirt freshman? Say it ain't so!

Nico just needs reps. His ceiling is vastly higher than Moore's. Just give him the live reps and he will develop. Look at the difference in Jalen Milroe from game one to game twelve as a first year starter.

Last edited:
In our being all ga-ga about Nicky, and eager to peel off the BVS, many of us are forgetting, ignoring, or denying that Nicky is a frosh QB. He has yet to face the level rabid nose, insane atmosphere, and distraction of SEC venues. The Citrus Bowl experience doesn't anywhere near what SEC games generate. He hasn't really played at shake, shake, rattle, and roll yet. It's one thing to watch, it's another to out on the field playing in it. He's a frosh, just keep that in mind.

Don't claim to be a football expert but think
Heupel has brought this team a long way.
Wish Nico the best and hope we could be a
Top 10 team this year.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Arguing over QBs on VN? I'm shocked! Shocked I say!

If an uninjured Nico is replaced in a non-mop up, SEC game situation by Gaston and Gaston lights it up, we're going to have start talking seriously about Heupel's QB judgement.

Hooker comes in for Milton and turns the season upside down, then Gaston comes in for Nico and turns the season around?

The common denominator there is: who picked the other guy to start?

I'm much less worried about the QB being the wrong guy than the guy who gets to pick the QBs being the wrong guy.

Arguing over QBs on VN? I'm shocked! Shocked I say!

If an uninjured Nico is replaced in a non-mop up, SEC game situation by Gaston and Gaston lights it up, we're going to have start talking seriously about Heupel's QB judgement.

Hooker comes in for Milton and turns the season upside down, then Gaston comes in for Nico and turns the season around?

The common denominator there is: who picked the other guy to start?

I'm much less worried about the QB being the wrong guy than the guy who gets to pick the QBs being the wrong guy.
Not gonna happen..Nico is fine good grief. Go watch the 2-mimute drill from Hubbs and AP..none of them mentioned about having any concerns with the QB position

Not gonna happen..Nico is fine good grief. Go watch the 2-mimute drill from Hubbs and AP..none of them mentioned about having any concerns with the QB position
I don't think it's going to happen either but who among us saw Hooker replacing Milton and executing like he did? Few, but who should've seen it?

There was little buzz around Hendon. Some here even thought Bailey should be QB2. Next thing you know, Hooker is looking like Heisman candidate.

Should that kind of talent sneak up on a coach?

In our being all ga-ga about Nicky, and eager to peel off the BVS, many of us are forgetting, ignoring, or denying that Nicky is a frosh QB. He has yet to face the level rabid nose, insane atmosphere, and distraction of SEC venues. The Citrus Bowl experience doesn't anywhere near what SEC games generate. He hasn't really played at shake, shake, rattle, and roll yet. It's one thing to watch, it's another to out on the field playing in it. He's a frosh, just keep that in mind.
Nico has more meaningful game experience in his one year in college than Gaston Moore has in his 5 years of college experience. If Nico were to get injured at some point this season and miss significant time, I think Merklinger would end up taking the starting job from Gaston.

Wouldn’t worry to much. Most of the innacurrate throws have been from backups, and this seems to be the first bad day Nico has had all camp
Nico is not a back up.

It clearly says NICO was missing in the routes period, while Jake was looking crisp.

Still not anything to worry about, but just trying to be factual about the matter of today’s practice.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back