Vols you played with or against growing up

Played against Gerard Riggs Jr, Jason Hall, Corey Anderson, Demonte Bolden, and Nick Reveiz off the top of my head. These next guys aren't vols, but also played Daniel and Josh Bullocks and Adarius Bowman.

Hixson High represent!

I played against rod wilks and marsalous Johnson. Rod was a monster caught every deep ball. Helped out that he had sonny gray as his quarterback.

Tyler Maples, Aaron Douglas, Ray Sykes, Cody Hawn. Not a Vol - but played against Randall Cobb too. Went to school with Cait McMahon.

I know her and her bro Reese from back n the eagleton days

I played against jamal lewis in high school. Remember it like yesterday I was a freshman playing against doug high and jamal was a senior, he got the ball on a toss play and I was right in position to the play but needless to say I made his highlight film because he ran me over and took it 71 yards for the td.

Played against Al Wilson. He played multiple positions both offense and defense. He killed us at rb and scored once as qb.

Gerald Riggs, didn't impress me much but I dont think his o-line helped him any either. Another person is Cason Jackson but he went to vandy. I miss football like a fat kid misses cake.

Played with Jimmy Noonan. I was a Freshman his senior year. Also, ran track with him. Blew my mind how fast that fire-plugged shaped beast could run!

Grew up and went to school with Chris Wampler and Cozart now works in the kitchen at Calhoun's in LC..

Played against Leonard Little in 92. Played against another vol who was a lineman but his name escapes me. Ill try to look it up.

Although I didn't play against them, I made all-star teams with Tracy Hayworth and Shazzon Bradly...All-tri State

Went on to become friends with Tracy Hayworth after high school at UT.

Reactions: 1 person
Played against Brent Schaeffer when he was a senior at Deerfield beach highschool...he had bout 240 all purpose yards guy was untouchable...they went on to win the state championship that year

HS (Columbia Central) classmate Ray Hawkins signed with Bill Battle and UT back in 1976 and another classmate, John Pointer, was recruited by the Bear but signed with Vanderbilt.

Non-Vol: Played baseball with Dickie Noles (out of Charlotte, NC) who pitched 8-10 years for Phillies, Cubs and Rangers. He got a start in 1980 WS for Phillies against Kansas City I believe.

Non-Vol: My son in 2008 started against Atlanta Braves' pitcher Alex Wood in the 4A NC State High School baseball championship.

Reactions: 1 person
I played against Andy Kelly and Jessie Messimer (Rhea Co.) Chip Strickland and Rodney Ballard (East Ridge) Shazzon Bradley (McMinn Co.) Mike Kelley (Red Bank)and Nate Middlebrooks all UT signees and also against Bryan McGee(Georgia) and Stefan Scotton (Ga. Tech). Played with Duke and Clemson signees.

I went to high school with Andy Kerr and then we lived together through most of college. He'd practice his punting with me and the rest of our roommates. His claim to fame is getting in to kick an extra point vs Mississippi State several years ago.

Did you play for maryville? I more than likely know you. Also if you were in andys grade you should have played against John Henderson. He was an absolute beast for Pearl Cohn. Go rebs

Last edited:

VN Store

Back