Vols you played with or against growing up

Played against Bubba Miller from Brentwood Academy. He went on to play for the Eagles. He was a big boy.

My brother-in-law played against Al Wilson. Tried to tackle him twice and had to be carted off the field after the second time. Never played again after that game. He decided to stick to baseball, much less contact. I can visualize him explaining why he only watches football now. LOL.

Reggie White, Mike Cofer, McKenzie twins, Bill Bates, York, John Bruhin, Daryl Smith...
Played against these former Vols either in a scrimage or game.......and there are probably more that I can't think of right now.

Played against Daniel Hood, Kyler Kerbyson, and Devrin Young. Had to block Kerbyson for most of the game.

My dad and Reggie White were cross town rivals, but they knew each other a little off the field. A few years ago we were moving and I found a bunch of my dads football awards and there was a newspaper clip from his senior year that my grandmother had framed. The newspaper article was basically about how my dad held Reggie White to nothing the whole game and that was why they won.

Dad says it was just the best game that he ever played, but probably the worst that Reggie ever did. It's still cool to think about, though.

McCurry. Is that you?

Horne here.

Not a Vol, but I played HS ball with Andy Dalton, Cincinnati Bengals QB. I was OLine and he was QB for 2 years while I was there.

Don't miss Texas one bit.

Tyler Maples, Aaron Douglas, Ray Sykes, Cody Hawn. Not a Vol - but played against Randall Cobb too. Went to school with Cait McMahon.

My brother-in-law was a receiver on that Maryville team, too. Was a senior with Maples.
That was a fun team to watch.

I played against jamal lewis in high school. Remember it like yesterday I was a freshman playing against doug high and jamal was a senior, he got the ball on a toss play and I was right in position to the play but needless to say I made his highlight film because he ran me over and took it 71 yards for the td.

Ended Jamal's high school career. Probably the only time he rushed for under a hundred.
Cozy Coleman ended mine.

Reactions: 1 person
Played with Carl Witherspoon
Played against Jackie Walker, Neil Clabo, Tim Townes among others
Knox county and East TN football was pretty good in the late 60's

VN Store

Back