VP debate 2024

What stuck out to me is Walz repeatedly referencing legislation that he passed in Minnesota and Vance had absolutely no such references. His experience in politics is basically nothing and during that short time he has waffled on key issues. Definitely not someone I want leading the country if ole Don kicks the bucket.
1) governors do not “pass legislation” that is the role of legislatures
2) JD Vance IS in the legislature
3) to me, more time and “experience” In politics is NOT the winning argument he seems to be. If that were the case, 50 Year Joe would be the greatest statesman in the land 😂

I've been watching news today (retired, so I can). Flipping networks

- Early this morning it was yea Walz,
- then later, well Walz held his own,
- then, Vance only talked about Kamala, so Walz was knocked off his game and caught off guard
- Finally, Vance won.

Excuses, Walz did not prepare, Walz over prepared, Walz has been held back from big crowds since he was nominated and thus out of practice.

Honest onlookers know Vance skull dragged Walz. It was hilarious to watch.

Walz looked like he prepared for a debate against a group of councilman from towns with populations of 1000 or less debating the Milo crop harvest.

They did tell what thier plans included and what they hoped to accomplish. Trump vance offer up cheers without saying any specifics.

We will deport all illegal entrants and never mention how.
Going to end the war in Ukraine in one day ....
Going to replace obamacare... still doesn't have a plan
This list could get long
can you quote them doing so in a manner that offers more specificity and detail?

I have been paying attention to politics for 20 years ish. Never seen a politician offer anything different than Trump & Vances vagueness. Heck the biggest thing the Dems have pushed through was done with Congress not knowing what they were even voting for.

Reactions: whodeycin85
Honest onlookers know Vance skull dragged Walz. It was hilarious to watch.

Walz looked like he prepared for a debate against a group of councilman from towns with populations of 1000 or less debating the Milo crop harvest.
This is true.

It is a classic case of confirmation bias. Those in the "D" camp are filling in the gaps in Walz's performance to make it what they wanted it to be, not what it really was. I know there is some of that for the "R"s as well, but I don't think there was as much.

Walz looked uncomfortable. I think he pooped his pants on Tiananmen Square. e even looked to Vance like, "Please start talking, help me out here!."

Personally, I think he has been so much on the "celebrity circuit", fist-pumping at rallies and acting like an aTm yell leader, that he hasn't faced the crucible of an adversarial campaign moment, and it showed.

Vance has had some "oops" moments in interviews, but those interviews helped refine his presentation skills for the debate.

I get tickled by all the commentators talking about how much more "polished" and "experienced" Vance is. He is what, 40? He has run for office once? Walz has run for the legislature and the governorship. He has been in far more of these debates than Vance; he should have been much more prepared. I guess running as a Dem vs Dems (as a deep, deep royal blue candidate vs. columbia blue candidates) in a state like MN didn't prepare him for actually facing arguments from the other side.

Whoever it was that suggested the candidates ask each other questions? That is on point. That is the debate I want to see.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Two lines from the debates have stood out to me:

1. We have the concept of a plan
2. Tim, I want to focus on the future.

Just such great lines. You can use them in so many contexts:

Melania: Did you cheat on me?
Donny: Honey, I want to focus on the future.

Melania: Have you started hitting the gym to get rid of that gut?
Donny: Darling, I have the concept of a plan [takes bite of a Big Mac].
This is progress. You now have proof humor is not your forte.

Keep swinging. You'll eventually find your niche.

Two lines from the debates have stood out to me:

1. We have the concept of a plan
2. Tim, I want to focus on the future.

Just such great lines. You can use them in so many contexts:

Melania: Did you cheat on me?
Donny: Honey, I want to focus on the future.

Melania: Have you started hitting the gym to get rid of that gut?
Donny: Darling, I have the concept of a plan [takes bite of a Big Mac].
Here’s my two

1. I’m friends with school shooters
2. I tried the best I can, but I’ve not been perfect. And I’m a knucklehead at times.
(Long answer to say, I lied. I wasn’t in Tiananmen Square like I said since 1989.)

This is progress. You now have proof humor is not your forte.

Keep swinging. You'll eventually find your niche.
I know you remember the evisceration Lloyd Bentsen gave Dan Quayle in 1988. At that time HW was behind in the polls, but he still won pretty easily. My point is that VP debates don't always have the affect as people think. In this day and age, people, at least the middle 50, are voting against one candidate or the other

I know you remember the evisceration Lloyd Bentsen gave Dan Quayle in 1988. At that time HW was behind in the polls, but he still won pretty easily. My point is that VP debates don't always have the affect as people think. In this day and age people, at least the middle 50, are voting against one candidate or the other
Agrees.

I offered a Q this am in the thread asking if people thought the VP debate impacted the election. Some do. I dont.

I've never seen an election dynamic so polarized for voting against the other person.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
I did not watch all of it, but I thought he did very well.

Walz wasn't too bad but was definitely weird at times, would stop speaking mid sentence then start again.

The biggest take is that they were both civil, which is much better than the **** show from Pres Debate.
At one point I wondered if Walz was AI. Odd facial expressions, his voice didn't sync with his mouth, and the answer reminded me of Home Alone when Kevin was fending off the burglars.

Reactions: Cod and BreatheUT
Everybody look at the Minnesota monkey dance for his 10 voters in attendance ...

All I could see is George. 😂

J8rS.gif

images

VN Store

Back