War in Ukraine

By February 24th, 2023, we will likely be approaching $150 billion thrown down that rat hole. Putin would be doing us a favor if he ended this right now. This can't drag on any longer... for our sakes.

*yeah again, thanks to our military.

FIFY. while i detest our government, especially this inept edition....i have the utmost respect and gratitude for those that serve. They froze in foxholes, turned waves red with their own blood, and were entombed on the ocean floor while our politicians stateside (and their offspring) teed it up at the country club and took tennis lessons.

Hope you are doing well brother. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Glad to have your insight here in the PF. Keep bringing articles and videos, i have read/watched several. GO VAWLS

Edit...hahahha. you actually edited it cool. It just said govt when i quoted it lol
I'm definitely not bad mouthing our military or anyone who served past or present. I think weak civilian leadership keeps getting the military involved in fights that does not benefit the military or most Americans in general. "Politicians hide themselves away. They only started the war. Why should they go out to a fight? They leave that all to the poor."
I have a problem with just infinitely sending over trillions of unaccounted for dollars to wherever the next "weapons of mass destruction" "next domino in line" "vague threat to democracy" "insurgent group" etc. is next. Our military deserves better, and that money is money we don't have. I just get that all too familiar feeling that American interests are not the priority. Hopefully I'm mistaken.
Merry Christmas to you and yours as well. ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
Their plan would have worked for a quick resolution to the conflict had the US and UK not intervened, genius. Once it became clear that Ukraine was doing the bidding of NATO, this became Russia vs NATO and not just Russia vs Ukraine.

You really have zero appreciation for what Russia is doing right now fighting NATO in their own backyard and gradually demilitarizing them in terms of men and equipment.

Russia has time, the weather and the resources on their side.
Stupid as hell. The Ukraines broke serve on the initial Russian attack. Which nobody expected. THEN material started to come in to stabilize the front and eventually push them back. All by Ukrainians fighting the battle armed by the West. And it has been more than enough to repulse โ€œthe strongest army in Europeโ€ thus far.

Reactions: AM64 and hog88
Stupid as hell. The Ukraines broke serve on the initial Russian attack. Which nobody expected. THEN material started to come in to stabilize the front and eventually push them back. All by Ukrainians fighting the battle armed by the West. And it has been more than enough to repulse โ€œthe strongest army in Europeโ€ thus far.

It was a serious miscalculation on the Russians part if they thought the US and NATO wouldn't start supplying weapons. Russia had to take Ukraine within 30 max 45 days from the start of the invasion. I think if we look back I predicted on the onset that if this thing goes more than a month or two the Russians would lose.

It was a serious miscalculation on the Russians part if they thought the US and NATO wouldn't start supplying weapons. Russia had to take Ukraine within 30 max 45 days from the start of the invasion. I think if we look back I predicted on the onset that if this thing goes more than a month or two the Russians would lose.
Yep. Still Ukraine had to hold the line alone with the equipment they had on the initial push which surprised everyone. Complete failure of Russian Intel and leadership

If the whole Russian military is just decimated beyond all hope, why do we need to send $40 billion to Ukraine seemingly at the end of every month? At what point does Ukraine got this? And when do they pay back what they owe?

If the whole Russian military is just decimated beyond all hope, why do we need to send $40 billion to Ukraine seemingly at the end of every month? At what point does Ukraine got this? And when do they pay back what they owe?
We donโ€™t โ€˜needโ€™ to. They will never โ€˜haveโ€™ it. And they wonโ€™t.

Reactions: Electric Orange
Incompetence that Russia didn't anticipate that. Keep going, your doing an excellent job at proving my point.
That isn't incompetence. Even great plans need to be modified as conditions change. The decision to go in was correct. The decision to not go in with shock and awe was correct. Waiting 8 years to take action by Russia is debatable. I think the major mistake Putin made was not accepting Luhansk and Donetsk independence referendum in 2014... but even then, he thought the Germans and French would be honest negotiators under Minsk. That is specifically why the US and Britain were not involved in the agreements.

It was a serious miscalculation on the Russians part if they thought the US and NATO wouldn't start supplying weapons. Russia had to take Ukraine within 30 max 45 days from the start of the invasion.
And they would have.

I think if we look back I predicted on the onset that if this thing goes more than a month or two the Russians would lose.
And they are not losing.

I'm definitely not bad mouthing our military or anyone who served past or present. I think weak civilian leadership keeps getting the military involved in fights that does not benefit the military or most Americans in general. "Politicians hide themselves away. They only started the war. Why should they go out to a fight? They leave that all to the poor."
I have a problem with just infinitely sending over trillions of unaccounted for dollars to wherever the next "weapons of mass destruction" "next domino in line" "vague threat to democracy" "insurgent group" etc. is next. Our military deserves better, and that money is money we don't have. I just get that all too familiar feeling that American interests are not the priority. Hopefully I'm mistaken.
Merry Christmas to you and yours as well. ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„
Yep

That isn't incompetence. Even great plans need to be modified as conditions change. The decision to go in was correct. The decision to not go in with shock and awe was correct. Waiting 8 years to take action by Russia is debatable. I think the major mistake Putin made was not accepting Luhansk and Donetsk independence referendum in 2014... but even then, he thought the Germans and French would be honest negotiators under Minsk. That is specifically why the US and Britain were not involved in the agreements.
We're going to have to add the following to their talking points list now:

Russian Military Incompetence
Sack of Potatoes
Dumbazz Hot Takes
"We defeated the Taliban even though they are back in control"
Smooth Brain
"150 Billion will bring Russia to its knees"

We're going to have to add the following to their talking points list now:

Russian Military Incompetence
Sack of Potatoes
Dumbazz Hot Takes
"We defeated the Taliban even though they are back in control"
Smooth Brain
"150 Billion will bring Russia to its knees"
Yeah, I saw that one the other day. They stepped their troll game up.

Under Saddam, religious minorities were free to worship as they pleased. This included Christians, Yazidis, Mandeans, etc. However after our second time around many of these groups along with many other people were persecuted and forced to leave their homeland. So tell me how was that successful for the U.S.? Then you later had the rise of ISIS.

And we never fully established democracy in Afghanistan. Many of the regions were still contested and the Taliban still existed and eventually rose back to power. So no matter how much you spin it they were not successes. Unless you are counting this as a success for our defense industry and military industrial complex who profit from these wars significantly.
The OP wasnt about final success. The original point was about INITIAL success. I even said as much in the post you quoted.

This is the same bs you guys pull, just make up arguments no one is having.

The best laid plans can go to **** when the first bullet is fired, Russian forces didn't adapt to battlefield conditions due to the incompetence of their leaders. Keep on, you're doing a great job of verifying my argument.

You still aren't proving how this was a success. The Taliban being back in power disproves your point immediately. It was not a war we won. And maybe it was never intended to be a victory.

This was another war that profited our military industrial complex significantly. Plain and simple.
Again, that's not the conversation that was going on.

The question was about would we do better. Not if we would have success, and that success was never defined.

For me having fewer losses would be better. So yes our military would do better in the current situation than Russia is.

That's the conversation, stop with the straw man bs.

Reactions: NorthDallas40

VN Store

Back