War in Ukraine

Russia could always go back to their tried and true method of war fighting, trading lives for territory. But how long would the Russia people put up with their sons, fathers and now grandfathers coming home in body bags before they say enough?

Reactions: AM64
Russia could always go back to their tried and true method of war fighting, trading lives for territory. But how long would the Russia people put up with their sons, fathers and now grandfathers coming home in body bags before they say enough?
Yeah. They were probably way more motivated in WW2. That is true.

Reactions: AM64 and hog88
Probably depends on what the average Russian believes they are fighting for.

Any "superpower" should have been able to take Ukraine within 60 days under the same ROE.
Had the Russians went in with a shock and awe strategy and used every means they had available without regard for civilian life, you would have seen Russia do just that. Hell, had the US and UK not injected themselves in the peace talks in Turkey, this would have been over in the end of March/first of April.

They didn't clean yo Syria. It was us and the Kurds that kicked the **** out of ISIS.
Who liberated Palmyra? Who liberated Aleppo?

The US and the Kurds ended up getting pushed into the northeast and the US goals of regime changing Assad were never realized.

Yeah again thanks to our government (for writing seemingly a blank check)

*yeah again, thanks to our military.

FIFY. while i detest our government, especially this inept edition....i have the utmost respect and gratitude for those that serve. They froze in foxholes, turned waves red with their own blood, and were entombed on the ocean floor while our politicians stateside (and their offspring) teed it up at the country club and took tennis lessons.

Hope you are doing well brother. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Glad to have your insight here in the PF. Keep bringing articles and videos, i have read/watched several. GO VAWLS

Edit...hahahha. you actually edited it cool. It just said govt when i quoted it lol

I have a feeling you really don't sit down and analyze things and research events. Once Russia was invited by the Syrian government to get involved ISIS pretty much became
irrelevant. They did more to fight ISIS in Syria than we ever did
We didn't fight ISIS. We armed them.

Dude, you sound as dumb as a doorknob with this comment. Do you know how the Russians were able to defeat Napoleon? They sacrificed territory/retreated and took all the livestock/food/people with them and allowed Napoleon to march deeper and deeper into Russia during the winter and left them to the elements and starvation.

Had the Russians went in with a shock and awe strategy and used every means they had available without regard for civilian life, you would have seen Russia do just that. Hell, had the US and UK not injected themselves in the peace talks in Turkey, this would have been over in the end of March/first of April.

If what you say is true then you just reinforced my contention that the Russian military leadership is inept. It was the ROE/battle plan chosen by the Russians so that demonstrates incompetence at the highest levels by overestimating their forces capability and underestimating Ukrainian will and capability. When they realized their plan was failing they didn't adjust and that is another sign of incompetence. Their field commanders were either incompetent or unable to maneuver in response to battlefield conditions so that is another sign of incompetence. You're entire argument as to why they have not been successful is evidence and in support of my argument.

As to Syria you are so FOS you have kernels in your eyes.

If what you say is true then you just reinforced my contention that the Russian military leadership is inept. It was the ROE/battle plan chosen by the Russians so that demonstrates incompetence at the highest levels by overestimating their forces capability and underestimating Ukrainian will and capability. When they realized their plan was failing they didn't adjust and that is another sign of incompetence. Their field commanders were either incompetent or unable to maneuver in response to battlefield conditions so that is another sign of incompetence. You're entire argument as to why they have not been successful is evidence and in support of my argument.

As to Syria you are so FOS you have kernels in your eyes.
Their plan would have worked for a quick resolution to the conflict had the US and UK not intervened, genius. Once it became clear that Ukraine was doing the bidding of NATO, this became Russia vs NATO and not just Russia vs Ukraine.

You really have zero appreciation for what Russia is doing right now fighting NATO in their own backyard and gradually demilitarizing them in terms of men and equipment.

Russia has time, the weather and the resources on their side.

Dude, you sound as dumb as a doorknob with this comment. Do you know how the Russians were able to defeat Napoleon? They sacrificed territory/retreated and took all the livestock/food/people with them and allowed Napoleon to march deeper and deeper into Russia during the winter and left them to the elements and starvation.

LOL damn Ras, how bad is it when you have to go all the way back to the early 1800s to find a whatabout. Nothing more recent?

Oh wow you got me.

Wait, I've been stating that for a long time. Maybe you should realize Putin and his cronies are too.
Putin made the best decision he could make given the circumstances. He couldn't allow Donbas to be attacked for much longer. 8 years is enough. Plus, how much longer was he supposed to allow NATO to build up the Kyiv army on their doorsteps?

His only flaw is that he believed in diplomacy with the West and had no idea that we were not square dealing folks.

Reactions: Pacer92
LOL damn Ras, how bad is it when you have to go all the way back to the early 1800s to find a whatabout. Nothing more recent?
I gave just one obvious example. I could have also said Kherson from this conflict, genius. How is that Kherson offensive working out?

Their plan would have worked for a quick resolution to the conflict had the US and UK not intervened, genius. Once it became clear that Ukraine was doing the bidding of NATO, this became Russia vs NATO and not just Russia vs Ukraine.

You really have zero appreciation for what Russia is doing right now fighting NATO in their own backyard and gradually demilitarizing them in terms of men and equipment.

Russia has time, the weather and the resources on their side.

Umm, wasn't it stated by the Russians that this should take a weak or so? How long did it take for NATO to start supplying Ukraine?

The bold is just insanity.

Umm, wasn't it stated by the Russians that this should take a weak or so?
And again, had Russia come in with a US lead shock and awe campaign, it very likely would have been very short. Hell, they didn't come with their full force and came with restrictions and still had Ukraine on the verge of capitulating at the end of March. So WTF are you talking about?

How long did it take for NATO to start supplying Ukraine?
8 years

And again, had Russia come in with a US lead shock and awe campaign, it very likely would have been very short. Hell, they didn't come with their full force and came with restrictions and still had Ukraine on the verge of capitulating at the end of March. So WTF are you talking about?

8 years

Yea so they chose the wrong plan to accomplish their goals, thanks for confirming their incompetence.

VN Store

Back