War in Ukraine

Why did our military bases around the world come into being? You know they weren't there prior to WW2. How many are in place against the will of the country hosting our bases?
Not sure. Does that matter? The fact is that having all of these bases come at a cost to us and also over time serves as a point of animosity after a while because our hegemonic nature eventually bubbles to the surface.

Not sure. Does that matter? The fact is that having all of these bases come at a cost to us and also over time serves as a point of animosity after a while because our hegemonic nature eventually bubbles to the surface.

How about many of our bases around the world were established during WW2, and many countries around the globe were happy to have us stay there to protect them during the Cold War - defense is expensive - why pay for it if somebody else will. Russia has just demonstrated that although the Soviet Union went bust, the threat residing in Russia never fully went away. There are in Russia enough remnants and leftover wannabe tyrants from the Soviet days to remind us the Cold War didn't really go away; it's just dying (literally in Ukraine) to make a comeback.

How about many of our bases around the world were established during WW2, and many countries around the globe were happy to have us stay there to protect them during the Cold War - defense is expensive - why pay for it if somebody else will. Russia has just demonstrated that although the Soviet Union went bust, the threat residing in Russia never fully went away. There are in Russia enough remnants and leftover wannabe tyrants from the Soviet days to remind us the Cold War didn't really go away; it's just dying (literally in Ukraine) to make a comeback.
So are you suggesting that these other countries are financing these bases?

That’s dumber than ****. Russia is/was no threat to us militarily (cyber yes) but there is no return for us on this.

It goes way beyond the military old man, they were NEVER a threat to the US - and that's long before they were proven to be frauds.

Why do we need to spend 5% of our annual defense budget to help fight an already incompetent military? Especially one that represents the "trailer park of the world" or the "gas station of the world".

Why? Why not?

It's a paltry sum that was being spent anyway. And to see our rival have to eat sh*t and embarrass them in front of the world? Sign me up.

I feel like you have an irrational irritation for "trailer park of the world" and "gas station of the world" zings. It's as if you take it personally.

So are you suggesting that these other countries are financing these bases?

I'm saying these countries where we have bases haven't asked us to leave and we refused. I have no clue what the agreements and accommodations are in place between the US and the foreign governments. The point is we didn't take land either by force or by subterfuge (as China has been doing) and hang around if asked to leave. Yes, some bases in Japan and Germany do go back to what might be considered what we captured at the end of WW2, but we have left trusts, possessions, and occupied lands when asked ... Philippines, Micronesia, reversion of Okinawa to Japan, etc. I sure wish Puerto Rico would rise up and tell us to go; of course, then we'd just send them foreign aid, and the stench of corruption would still continue.

I'm saying these countries where we have bases haven't asked us to leave and we refused. I have no clue what the agreements and accommodations are in place between the US and the foreign governments.
Whether they asked us to leave or not isn't the point. The decision has to be ours to determine if we still have the fiscal ability to support these bases and if these bases are still strategically worth it. These countries can beg and plead all they want... does that ******* mean that we should stay there forever?

The point is we didn't take land either by force or by subterfuge (as China has been doing) and hang around if asked to leave. Yes, some bases in Japan and Germany do go back to what might be considered what we captured at the end of WW2, but we have left trusts, possessions, and occupied lands when asked ... Philippines, Micronesia, reversion of Okinawa to Japan, etc.
We didn't occupy NE Syria by force or subterfuge? Really? How is that Okinawa relationship with the people there? And just like the BS with regards to NATO expansion, once the USSR broke up and Germany re-unified, Russia, France and UK left but the US stayed in Germany.

I sure wish Puerto Rico would rise up and tell us to go; of course, then we'd just send them foreign aid, and the stench of corruption would still continue.
Well, forget about Puerto Rico for a moment and how about you address the more obvious situation in Guantanamo? You seem so willing to cut off Puerto Rico, yet lets talk about our naval base in Cuba. And WTF is your issue with Puerto Rico? You don't seem to have an issue dumping money in the corrupt cesspool in Kyiv the past 10 months? Did the US send $100+ billion to Puerto Rico (our own people in our own hemisphere) after the hurricanes a few years ago? Hell, the US is allegedly talking about $300-500 billion to rebuild Ukraine when that was avoidable had they implemented the Minsk ceasefire agreements, while we have essentially turned our backs on Puerto Rico over an act of God that was beyond their control.

I swear, you people will try to bend logic as far as you can to defend your world view when you know good and damn well that it doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:
Fk-UC9ZXgAA4R5z

In what way?

I've been over this a few times in a few different threads. Their response to covid (zero tolerance) nearly brought them down. The people are finally revolting. That dictator they have has made beds with the wrong people, who are now getting trounced in war. Their money has to be manipulated to hold it's value. The people of China are openly protesting (unheard of in china), and committing suicide as an escape. They have had to open the country back up and adopt AMERICAN examples to save itself. They just went to online schooling, and are expecting 3 waves of covid this winter. People are escaping the country while they can. Covid in China: People rush to book travel as borders finally reopen

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back