War in Ukraine

Hey there Proctor. Since you and your pals have used Wikipedia as your source on more than one occasion here then perhaps you should read what is on the Wikipedia page as well. It even states here that it the term did not become popular until around 2003. I think you need to contact the people over at Wikipedia and have them make the "proper" corrections.

I would also take a look at the "Historical Applications" section of this link. If there is anything you see wrong then like I said you should probably contact Wikipedia.

Shock and awe - Wikipedia
This deflection to pop culture was in response to MG pointing out your boy Moe didn’t know what the hell he was talking about Curly. Moe was applying the term to mass civilian casualties which is not where it originated. From your own link which references the 1996 book I listed earlier analyzing the 1991 Gulf War:

Shock and awe (technically known as rapid dominance) is a military strategy based on the use of overwhelming power and spectacular displays of force to paralyze the enemy's perception of the battlefield and destroy their will to fight.[1][2] Though the concept has a variety of historical precedents, the doctrine was explained by Harlan K. Ullman and James P. Wade in 1996 and was developed specifically for application by the US military by the National Defense University of the United States.[2][1]

Moe used it wrong. You’re now using it wrong too. And you’re both deflecting from your called out stupidity. Again. Just like always 🤡

And shock and awe wasn't even conceived in 1991 Desert Shield as @MG1968 was trying to elude to in his original post.
Correct it was conceived in 1996 in analysis of the 1991 Gulf War just like I linked earlier referencing the US doctrine of overwhelming force against combatants. Just like MG said. And not like your claim of civilian casualties. You’re wrong for about the 10th time now.

Reactions: 615vols
LOL Everyone said it would end in two weeks. Show me where you said it would drag out.
I stated before, and this is a fact, Russia was going against the largest ground force in Europe. I don't consider Russia as European. It was clear that this was largely going to be a ground war and wasn't going to be easy for Russia or even Ukraine. Plus Ukraine is known for staging their troops and equipment in residential areas so this means Russia has to be extra careful.

I would suggest you take a look at the video from Redacted that I posted this morning as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
Does any of this apply to how Russia came in on February 24th? Of course it doesn't.

View attachment 531321

Again, if Russia had done this, it might only have lasted 2 weeks. But they didn’t. And here we are counting the bodies of poorly trained conscripts and Wagner mercenaries too stupid to stay away from social media.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
This deflection to pop culture was in response to MG pointing out your boy Moe didn’t know what the hell he was talking about Curly. Moe was applying the term to mass civilian casualties which is not where it originated. From your own link which references the 1996 book I listed earlier analyzing the 1991 Gulf War:

Moe used it wrong. You’re now using it wrong too. And you’re both deflecting from your called out stupidity. Again. Just like always 🤡
I didn't use the term wrong. I stated the term didn't become popular until 2003. Which is was Ras stated. So he's correct on that part.
I even suggested you look at the historical applications section in the link I provided. Which mentions Hiroshima and Nagasaki as well as Haiti in the 1800s.

I'm more than open to the suggestion of starting a VNPF book club thread where we can read and discuss books such as the 1996 book that's being mentioned.

Biden and Kishida Vow to Bolster U.S.-Japan Alliance as China’s Power Grows

Dmitry Medvedev
"Biden and Kishida (Japanese Prime Minister) said that any possible use of nuclear weapons by Russia in Ukraine would be an act of hostility against all of humanity that cannot be justified.

This is such a monstrous shame that I will not even comment on the paranoia about the nuclear plans of our state. Think about it. The head of the Japanese government, in a humiliating, loyal ecstasy, is talking nonsense about Russia, having betrayed the memory of hundreds of thousands of Japanese who were burned in the nuclear fire of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. And Kishida absolutely does not care that the only country that fully used nuclear weapons was the United States. And its only victim is his own Motherland. He would have to remind the President of the United States about this and demand repentance, which was never brought for this act of war by the American leadership.

But no, Kishida is just an attendant for the Americans. And servants cannot have courage.

It remains to pity the Japanese. After all, such a shame can be washed away only by committing a seppuku right at a meeting of their Cabinet upon their return. Although the concept of the honor of this generation of Japanese vassals is not typical."

I didn't use the term wrong. I stated the term didn't become popular until 2003. Which is was Ras stated. So he's correct on that part.
I even suggested you look at the historical applications section in the link I provided. Which mentions Hiroshima and Nagasaki as well as Haiti in the 1800s.

I'm more than open to the suggestion of starting a VNPF book club thread where we can read and discuss books such as the 1996 book that's being mentioned.
Moe used the term incorrectly. MG correctly pointed to the origin and meaning. Moe grabbed the goal posts and took off with this pop culture BS. You jumped to your fellow stooges aid and grabbed the other end of the goal post. You’re dismissed Curly.

Again, if Russia had done this, it might only have lasted 2 weeks. But they didn’t. And here we are counting the bodies of poorly trained conscripts and Wagner mercenaries too stupid to stay away from social media.
So you are confirming my original statement. Thanks. They did not come in with a shock and awe strategy.

So you are confirming my original statement. Thanks. They did not come in with a shock and awe strategy.
This all started with you claiming mass civilian casualties due to the shock and awe doctrine. MG correctly pointed out you’re FOS as that isn’t what it means. Keep deflecting.

No. But they should have.
They did exactly what they were supposed to do. They swept near Kyiv to try to force negotiations to a truce and they focused on a sustained block by block conflict in The Donbas. They were expecting (mistakenly in retrospect) that the Ukraine would capitulate, but they did force Kyiv to Ankara for negotiations. But once the UK's Boris Johnson poured cold water on the deal, the Russians were no longer fighting Ukraine, but fighting the collective West/NATO. The Russians didn't feel compelled to change strategy until late September/October after Nordstream and Kerch Bridge bombings.

They did exactly what they were supposed to do. They swept near Kyiv to try to force negotiations to a truce and they focused on a sustained block by block conflict in The Donbas. They were expecting (mistakenly in retrospect) that the Ukraine would capitulate, but they did force Kyiv to Ankara for negotiations. But once the UK's Boris Johnson poured cold water on the deal, the Russians were no longer fighting Ukraine, but fighting the collective West/NATO. The Russians didn't feel compelled to change strategy until late September/October after Nordstream and Kerch Bridge bombings.

It all goes back to Russia’s decision to invade.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

It did not originate with Desert Storm. That is where you are wrong.
Yes it did Curly. The term shock and awe was credited to first use in the 1996 book of the same title was used to describe the doctrine of overwhelming force demonstrated in the 1991 Gulf War for which several examples of overwhelming force over time were also given. You’re wrong. Again.

So just to confirm we are wasting billions of dollars and sending equipment and weapons to help another country fight an incompetent army. Correct?
Yep. But there’s a bunch of them so they’re gonna need munitions replenishment to kill all of your comrades Curly.

They waited 8 years for diplomacy. They moved in and now it is Kyiv that is winning the stupid prizes, not Russia.
They occupied territory and waited 8 years before their next land grab. They only feigned diplomacy while they rearmed. Which was a mistake in hindsight since Ukraine apparently rearmed better. But Russia is incompetent so…

It did not originate with Desert Storm. That is where you are wrong.

And yet you still display a breathtaking ignorance of the doctrine.

Shock and awe (technically known as rapid dominance) is a military strategy based on the use of overwhelming power and spectacular displays of force to paralyze the enemy's perception of the battlefield and destroy their will to fight. Though the concept has a variety of historical precedents, the doctrine was explained by Harlan K. Ullman and James P. Wade in1996 and was developed specifically for application by the US military by the National Defense University of the United States.

I can't correctly spell "allude", but @MG1968 can't read a calendar.

VN Store

Back