War in Ukraine

How about letting the people of Crimea, Donbas and other parts of Eastern Ukraine determine their own fate. Are you anti freedom as well? Plus none of this would have happened if the U.S. and other western nations got involved in Ukraine and helped lead a coup to oust a democratically elected president in Yanukovych.
Wait, you are still pissed the guy the 2004 orange revolution installed got removed.

Just using your logic with Zelensky and applying it to when we really got involved.

Also never saw you address that 11 billion we sent to Russia's NGOs to get Putin elected.

Dodge, dip, duck, dive and dodge.

So you think it's perfectly fine for Biden to threaten to withhold aid unless a prosecutor was fired? Or how about John McCain going on one of our major news networks talking about how Ukraine needed IMF loans? Are you okay with that as well? Sounds like the U.S. and other European nations were strong arming in their economic decision making and threatening to withhold aid unless certain decisions were made on their end.

After the Western backed coup happened the people of Crimea, Luhansk and Donetsk decided they didn't want to be a part of Ukraine. Why can't that be their decision?
Why only list Biden for wanting a prosecutor fired? Trump also did the same. It was one of the reasons the Ds wanted him impeached.

A speech about IMF loans? You are really reaching for that one. I dont see how that is a problem. And if your supposition was that we forced Ukraine to take it to get them under our thumb, you would be wrong. They never took an IMF loan until Russia was occupying their land. And speaking of forced loans, what about Russia buying up 15 billion of Ukrainian debt in 2013? You dont think that was shady interference? Strong arming the Ukrainians.

Russia offers Ukraine major economic assistance

Why couldnt Russia let the people of Belarus or Kazakhstan decide what they want? Why couldnt they decide?

The people of the lands you listed didnt decide. They were occupied. Had their leaders expelled or killed, and were told what to say under gun point. In no way, shape, or form, would anyone consider their path to "freedom" legitimate. There is no way you would accept the US occupying parts of mexico, kicking out local officials, and then holding a referendum where the only choice was to leave Ukraine. So why do you accept Russia doing that?

You will never get an answer to that. Since 1776, Russia has been our ally and peaceful to us tyhe entire time... yes, even during the cold war.
Except for all the very real wars we fought. You know because proxy wars are real wars between the two proxy'ers.

You will never get an answer to that. Since 1776, Russia has been our ally and peaceful to us tyhe entire time... yes, even during the cold war.

26290972.gif

Last edited:
What are some of you wanting, war with Russia? Keep sending blank checks?
What we want is Russia out of Ukraine. Some are willing to put up with more than others to get that goal. But I think everyone would be happy to cut off everything going to Ukraine as soon as the Russian leave.

So for now continue to send billions?
That's what people voted for. We keep electing crap and untold billions is what we are going to lose and keep losing.

I think pretty much everyone here has a different way they would have handled things if we were in charge.

I have said from the start, I wouldnt have given Ukraine any money, and I would have made them buy everything, even if it was under some type of WW2 lend-lease program, or very favorable cost.

But for many of us, our leaders doing something we dont agree with doesnt change that we see Ukraine as someone worth helping.

What we want is Russia out of Ukraine. Some are willing to put up with more than others to get that goal. But I think everyone would be happy to cut off everything going to Ukraine as soon as the Russian leave.
Ukraine will need some level of investment after, unfortunately. The good news is that’s the part Germany and France may actually be willing to help with.

Of course, this is all conditional on Ukraine surviving the war as an independent country. Otherwise, Russia will pay whatever it costs to turn Ukraine into a glorified Potemkin village.

VN Store

Back