War in Ukraine

I like how the politicians are reducing the numbers for aid down to a few billion, but increase them to every few days to a week.
I don't know how to clean house of our politicians, but they all need to go.

I saw another $2.5B today..like a faucet leak. Doesn't grab the headlines of a $40B package when you do $2B every week.

Ukraine will need some level of investment after, unfortunately. The good news is that’s the part Germany and France may actually be willing to help with.

Thats good news? The rebuild will come with money that actually has strings. Germany and France will OWN Ukraine for every dollar they put in. The USA, not a friggen thing. The taxpayer will send them billions upon billions and we will get NOTHING from Ukraine except the enrichment of our corrupt political class.

Reactions: 825VOL and hog88
Thats good news? The rebuild will come with money that actually has strings. Germany and France will OWN Ukraine for every dollar they put in. The USA, not a friggen thing. The taxpayer will send them billions upon billions and we will get NOTHING from Ukraine except the enrichment of our corrupt political class.
What do you think the US got from the Marshall plan?

I heard SA is throwing out the oil trade with CCP yuans again. Seems to me America is slipping and not so sure it isn't planned. with this energy CC policy.

Even if we did (which we won't) WTF can Ukraine afford to buy?

Thats the trick. You give them taxpayer dollars that then go to your favorite American companies. In time, the idea is their economy comes back but they still have to keep buying from the US companies. Back then, those companies then paid taxes

Basically, we tore down all their trade barriers and gave them taxpayer money to turn around and buy goods from US businesses - because we were pretty much the only country left with a manufacturing base that hadnt been utterly destroyed.
I don’t doubt there were morons saying we should have just let Europe fend for themselves. I’m very glad we didn’t do that.

Reactions: AM64
That, or something like that, will happen eventually.

I can assure you the USA is not ready. Talk about inflation. Shut down your own production and give the costs up to the whim of OPEC, CCP and Russia.

Prematurely abandoning FF while our economic survival depends on it. And alas the Feds will require this yearly massive funding for an event they helped create.

Foolish as hell. That is why they keep giving these cataclysmic timelines. You are intelligent. Wake the hell up.

Reactions: hog88
I don’t doubt there were morons saying we should have just let Europe fend for themselves. I’m very glad we didn’t do that.

We made good on our investment in Europe after WWII, I just don't see what value Ukraine can bring. If it's of such importance let Europe foot the bill.

I can assure you the USA is not ready. Talk about inflation. Shut down your own production and give the costs up to the whim of OPEC, CCP and Russia.

Prematurely abandoning FF while our economic survival depends on it. And alas the Feds will require this yearly massive funding for an event they helped create.

Foolish as hell. That is why they keep giving these cataclysmic timelines. You are intelligent. Wake the hell up.
I didn’t say I want it to happen.

Reactions: Orangeburst

VN Store

Back