War in Ukraine

The EU has provided more cash to Ukraine than the US has. The U.S. has provided more military equipment than all the rest combined.

Given that the military equipment is being used for its intended purpose without America's sons and daughters in harms way - I find that ratio satisfactory.

Military equipment provided by the US isn't free, someone has to pay for it and that someone is American kids who's grandparents haven't been born yet. Let Europe buy the military hardware and give it to Ukraine if they feel in danger.

The EU has provided more cash to Ukraine than the US has. The U.S. has provided more military equipment than all the rest combined.

Given that the military equipment is being used for its intended purpose without America's sons and daughters in harms way - I find that ratio satisfactory.

Some of what we are giving Ukraine would likely fall under military surplus anyway - the kind of "surplus" that would have been destroyed because we can't sell "dangerous" stuff to our own people ... of course, we do give some of it to cops so they can play paramilitary games with people. After WW1 a lot of surplus aircraft were sold to US citizens ... they were used for any number of things - perhaps even stimulated an interest in aviation that helped us by the time 1941 rolled around. Since the end of WW2, we apparently would rather just bulldoze or let aircraft rot in the desert.

I wondered one day why there were no surplus M14 rifles available. Apparently they were classified as "machine guns" and someone decided it was possible to make a selector switch. Anyone who ever fired an M14 knows that the second or third shot on automatic would be more a threat to airplanes than Bambi.

I think that is from December not July. The stupid way they do dates and what not. Also the amount of total funds the US has committed is a good deal more than your article, but the US had only committed around $27B of the funds authorized to date in direct military assistance.

Congress Approved $113 Billion of Aid to Ukraine in 2022 | Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget

Sounds like some 10,000 page IRS tax code..Everything and anything that comes out of DC making blame hard to follow. Of course in the confusication they will take credit if available or if things go really sour will say something different.
I dont have a problem with the weapons..we just need an exit strategy. But both you and I know it..it will be a multi trillion dollar rebuild whenever it gets to that point. Ukraine will then be a committed instrument

Based on the 20th century the world should be scared shitless at the prospect of Europe settling their own problems. No I don’t want us a bit more involved than we are now, monetarily and goods wise. But that doesn’t mean I think that Europe alone won’t f$&@ this up worse either.

But Biden is involved..That should scare the **** out of you and I...As Obama said.

Yeah except they arent conservative in the slightest. They are about every social program under the sun and getting society to pay for it.

Their only bit of "conservatism" is the nationalism they espouse that you alledgely hate in Ukraine.
Yes they seem to be very socially conservative. Can you prove they are not? We can go by their platform word for word if you prefer.

Never said I hated nationalism. I don't like neo Nazis and people using nationalism to discriminate against groups of people. Which the Ukraine government has done to racially discriminate against Russians and other ethnic groups.

I think that is from December not July. The stupid way they do dates and what not. Also the amount of total funds the US has authorized is a good deal more than your article, but the US had only committed around $27B of the funds authorized to date in direct military assistance.

Congress Approved $113 Billion of Aid to Ukraine in 2022 | Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget

I think there's some double counting going on, too. Like when an announcement comes out that $XXXM dollars of weapons are being sent to Ukraine, it's not new spending; rather it is a block of weapons previously included in a larger congressional Ukrainian aid package. The thing is we'll probably never know because like most government spending the whole mess is too confused to ever sort out. Large slush funds ... unless you are perhaps trying to use some of the money to seal up a leaky border.

American exceptionalism is a term that is used to describe the belief that the United States is either distinctive, unique, or exemplary compared to other nations.
I know. But it doesnt refute my point. He may very well support the things HE thinks make us exceptional, but that you dont.

Military equipment provided by the US isn't free, someone has to pay for it and that someone is American kids who's grandparents haven't been born yet. Let Europe buy the military hardware and give it to Ukraine if they feel in danger.
This **** is not hard to understand. The only people that benefit from the way it's working right now are American politicians.

No, it wasn't free. But it was purchased with purpose and is now being used for the purpose for which it was purchased.

I can't think of a better use for military equipment than being used against Russia.

Either that or it's never used and becomes obsolete, which is absolute wasted tax dollars.

Win, win as far as I can tell.

No, it wasn't free. But it was purchased with purpose and is now being used for the purpose for which it was purchased.

I can't think of a better use for military equipment than being used against Russia.

Either that or it's never used and becomes obsolete, which is absolute wasted tax dollars.

Win, win as far as I can tell.

We should have SOLD it and not GIVEN it away. Hell, sell at a discount but don't give it away for free.

Reactions: YankeeVol
I think there's some double counting going on, too. Like when an announcement comes out that $XXXM dollars of weapons are being sent to Ukraine, it's not new spending; rather it is a block of weapons previously included in a larger congressional Ukrainian aid package. The thing is we'll probably never know because like most government spending the whole mess is too confused to ever sort out. Large slush funds ... unless you are perhaps trying to use some of the money to seal up a leaky border.
Correct. Seen it time and again. Shannon Bream did that exact play on John Kirby and he should have called her on it. And she’s smart enough to know better too.

Reactions: AM64
We should have SOLD it and not GIVEN it away. Hell, sell at a discount but don't give it away for free.

What is Ukraine going to BUY the weapons with, credit?

In a perfect world, selling the weapons sounds great - but it ain't perfect.

It's like you don't understand how proxy wars work.

Yes they seem to be very socially conservative. Can you prove they are not? We can go by their platform word for word if you prefer.

Never said I hated nationalism. I don't like neo Nazis and people using nationalism to discriminate against groups of people. Which the Ukraine government has done to racially discriminate against Russians and other ethnic groups.
Party Program – Communist Party of the Russian Federation
"Its fundamental values are communalism, collectivism and patriotism and close interconnection of the individual, society and state. Hence the people’s wish to implement the lofty ideals of Truth, Good and Justice, the equality of all citizens regardless of their national, religious and other differences. These qualities were an important prerequisite that contributed to the spread of liberation and revolutionary ideas among the masses."
Collectivism is not socially conservative.
ENforced Equality is not socially conservative.
The effort of pushing your own beliefs on others is no socially conservative.

All of that sounds very BLM'y to me. Fit in or be shunned/cast out/killed.

"The Russian communists address their ideas above all to the modern working class. More broadly, the working classes and strata in Russia. Those who by their work create material and spiritual values and render vital services to the population. The communists see these people as their main social base." Here they go again pushing a particular view. You may say it's ok to push a "more" socially conservative view, but that view in and of itself is not socially conservative. Fit in or else.

You get a like for the proxy war comment alone. And the Russophiles spit that word out like it’s some kind of epiphany they’re laying out. Hell yes this is a proxy war. And it’s the best kind, our proxy against a direct geopolitical foe. In the exact region this stuff was designed to be used and using it on exactly who it was designed to kill. And being employed by a resourceful motivated proxy that is tearing into them like a pissed off honey badger. It’s freaking amazing to watch unfold.

We need to stay out of proxy wars.

The excuse constantly given for all of our "aid" is that Europe is in danger so we have to support Ukraine. Well Western Europe has money and if they are in danger they need to spend some of it. And yes, I wouldn't oppose a true lend/lease for Ukraine with EU backing the credit.

You get a like for the proxy war comment alone. And the Russophiles spit that word out like it’s some kind of epiphany they’re laying out. Hell yes this is a proxy war. And it’s the best kind, our proxy against a direct geopolitical foe. In the exact region this stuff was designed to be used and using it on exactly who it was designed to kill. And being employed by a resourceful motivated proxy that is tearing into them like a pissed off honey badger. It’s freaking amazing to watch unfold.

Russia and the bald troll never saw it coming.

We need to stay out of proxy wars.

The excuse constantly given for all of our "aid" is that Europe is in danger so we have to support Ukraine. Well Western Europe has money and if they are in danger they need to spend some of it. And yes, I wouldn't oppose a true lend/lease for Ukraine with EU backing the credit.
No. We need to give lethal aid because we signed a document saying we would help if their territory or sovereignty was threatened. And boy is it threatened. I’m totally on board not sending pallets of cash that will end badly.

This is a proxy war we signed on the dotted line to commit to. If you don’t want us signing in the future ok.

No. We need to give lethal aid because we signed a document saying we would help if their territory or sovereignty was threatened. And boy is it threatened. I’m totally on board not sending pallets of cash that will end badly.

Help? Ok not finance damn near the whole thing.

You Biden voters would support anything he does.....

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Help? Ok not finance damn near the whole thing.

You Biden voters would support anything he does.....
LMAO sure that’s what I am. Thank God I never voted for Jill Stein tho 🤣

And multiple links have already been provided showing EU has actually spent more than we have to date. Yes we have committed quite a bit more. And when you look at % GDP those Pollacks are some major hero’s.

LMAO sure that’s what I am. Thank God I never voted for Jill Stein tho 🤣

And multiple links have already been provided showing EU has actually spent more than we have to date. Yes we have committed quite a bit more. And when you look at % GDP those Pollacks are some major hero’s.

Jill wouldn't be mortgaging our country for Ukraine, she'd be doing to line the pockets of the green weenies.

Great, they should be footing the entire bill. It is their continent.

This is a proxy war we signed on the dotted line to commit to. If you don’t want us signing in the future ok.
How so?

Jill wouldn't be mortgaging our country for Ukraine, she'd be doing to line the pockets of the green weenies.

Great, they should be footing the entire bill. It is their continent.
Again. I look at what a bang up job the morons did managing their own continent last century and that should scare the hell out if you. Yes they should be the primary supporter in all this. And I have every confidence they’re gonna f$&@ it up and cost us even more. That little weasel Macron is the one that’s most scary, even worse than Scholz

Last edited:

VN Store

Back