War in Ukraine

29375.jpeg

No F-16’s peace to Ukraine?
I have family members who are just reflexively anti-war. It can be frustrating to deal with. With them, I think the rape analogy works well -- should a woman who is being raped, in order to stop the rape, just start consenting? That's effectively what these peaceniks are telling Ukraine. If you just let Russia do as it pleases in Ukraine and take what it wants, there will be no more war.

Amazing bang for the buck then. Ragtag bunch of terrorists in Afghanistan vs. Purported second strongest army in the world in Ukraine. Near zero US loss of life in Ukraine.
Yeah your rape apology is so strong im sure it just cuts to the heart of your “anti war” family. Bless your heart. Hey keep trying though and proving to us how this is “money well spent”

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
Amazing bang for the buck then. Ragtag bunch of terrorists in Afghanistan vs. Purported second strongest army in the world in Ukraine. Near zero US loss of life in Ukraine.
Exactly zero US military casualties. If some citizens choose to enter of their own free will for either humanitarian or combatant reasons that’s on them. Zero US military casualties in this which is an amazing stat and totally left off that misleading graph.

It is time to withdraw from Bakhmut and fall back to another defensive location. The window to be able to withdraw safely is rapidly closing and the defenders there did their jobs. They bled the Russians/Wagner dry and tied up valuable resources and manpower for months. Ukrainian command can not allow this to become another Azovstal.

It is time to withdraw from Bakhmut and fall back to another defensive location. The window to be able to withdraw safely is rapidly closing and the defenders there did their jobs. They bled the Russians/Wagner dry and tied up valuable resources and manpower for months. Ukrainian command can not allow this to become another Azovstal.
What have you read showing that? ISW has indicated they are holding and only small incremental gains are occurring at humongous costs to the Russians.

Here is ISW’s current map around Bakhmut. I guess there is concern the invaders are approaching the only main road out of town.

0B642724-27FE-4752-8B19-AE5B3CE727EA.png

What have you read showing that? ISW has indicated they are holding and only small incremental gains are occurring at humongous costs to the Russians.

Various sources. The Ukrainians have a history of not withdrawing quick enough to avoid encirclement (Ilovaisk, Debaltseve, Donetsk Airport, Mariupol, and now here). Unless there is a magical counteroffensive which I don't see I don't expect them to hold Bakhmut much longer but this is just my own opinions.

Various sources. The Ukrainians have a history of not withdrawing quick enough to avoid encirclement (Ilovaisk, Debaltseve, Donetsk Airport, Mariupol, and now here). Unless there is a magical counteroffensive which I don't see I don't expect them to hold Bakhmut much longer but this is just my own opinions.
Ok thanks. And yes another Mariupol would be disastrous for Ukraine and they need to make unemotional tactical decisions.

As I’ve called him out on when an R gets back in the WH (in 2024😎) he’ll immediately flip 180 and champion aid that will keep flowing. And it will keep flowing if Ukraine hasn’t fallen. There is no honest broker here it’s all party platform. When pointed out that war is here now what there are no answers.

I won't immediately champion anything. I'm fiscally conservative. Yes, we are where we are because of the idiot in office. Weakness invites aggression. Our enemies sniffed it out. That is the reason we are in this mess. Anyone else will inherit this if it's still going on. By all accounts, it will be and there will be more countries involved. Then again China just wants us to weaker financially and militarily which we are by all accounts in part because of this Ukrainian investment but also other bad ideas of the Biden Administration.

I'll give them credit they are stubborn fighters for sure.
I am amazed every day that we are one year+ still discussing them resisting further advances while in fact taking back a great deal of the initial gains. After a year Russia still holds no major metropolitan areas. They had Kherson and lost it. They never had Kharkiv. That’s amazing.

VN Store

Back