War in Ukraine

It makes no sense why America has to carry NATO. Other than WWII there has been zero benefit from any 20th century war that America has jumped in. Cleary we saw how America left 21st century Afghanistan. I'm all for getting rid of putin, but thats the last thing this admin, pentagon, miltary wants to do.

LMAO you talking about the bromance where Xi called the bald dwarf his best friend in 2019? Man that’s some major work on Biden’s part. Look there is plenty to point at Puddinhead has got wrong you don’t need to make stuff up.

View attachment 538911

I'm not worried about Putin. I am concerned about this country and it's leadership.

It makes no sense why America has to carry NATO. Other than WWII there has been zero benefit from any 20th century war that America has jumped in. Cleary we saw how America left 21st century Afghanistan. I'm all for getting rid of putin, but thats the last thing this admin, pentagon, miltary wants to do.

Isolationism does not protect the US from being affected by war, and Ukraine is not Afghanistan.

China is friendly with Russia as long as they can keep buying Russian resources for cheap and America is distracted in Europe instead of East Asia. China is not a true ally to Russia. China has always wanted Manchuria back and they want Russia's fresh water. Russia doesn't really appreciate that China has essentially replaced them in the 'Stans as they new big daddy on the block. Russia doesn't want to be China's little brother and China already has heavy economic control over them. They don't need to be in a strong military alliance with Russia.

Then why make that dumb post?

It's not a dumb post. Are you satisfied with the American response? Do you seriously not think the longer this drip drip drip drags on we are asking for escalations. Do you think this status quo is going to exist for lets say 2 more years? That's how much longer hopefully we got with Biden. Either give Ukraine the capacity to win or get out.

It's not a dumb post. Are you satisfied with the American response? Do you seriously not think the longer this drip drip drip drags on we are asking for escalations. Do you think this status quo is going to exist for lets say 2 more years? That's how much longer hopefully we got with Biden. Either give Ukraine the capacity to win or get out.
I am not satisfied with the American response going back to 2014. And thru the Trump years as well. Where was your outrage then?

Yes it was a dumb post.

Reactions: USF grad in TN

We carry NATO because we want to. Do we want other nations to chip in a little more? Absolutely. But make no mistake about it.. NATO is essentially America and Her Colonies at this point, and I'm 100% we designed it that way.

Personally I agree that the other members should be contributing a lot more. I just don't think it is a mystery why there is such a discrepancy.

By standing up to them?

Also, I'm pretty sure China and Russia have seen each other favorably for a while.

All this made me wonder again how the Korean War could have been a UN conflict - I'd never bothered to look it up. Obviously the USSR should have blocked the UN action, but they were boycotting the UN because the Chinese commies weren't the Chinese representatives at the UN. So that just left the USSR and China free to ignore the UN and support N Korea. As is, the UN is a pretty worthless organization because as the two aggressors in the world; Russia and (since 1971) China can effectively block UN action for any schiff they stir. The UN unless restructured is neutered and a eunuch as far as peacekeeping goes.

The vote to dump Taiwan and pick up the Chinese commies was by initiated by Albania ... one of the commie bloc.

Reactions: tvolsfan
We carry NATO because we want to. Do we want other nations to chip in a little more? Absolutely. But make no mistake about it.. NATO is essentially America and Her Colonies at this point, and I'm 100% we designed it that way.

Personally I agree that the other members should be contributing a lot more. I just don't think it is a mystery why there is such a discrepancy.

NATO has always seemed a bit of a ruse to keep European countries cooperating and focused on a bigger enemy and to keep them from squabbling with each other. We play big brother to keep peace among them. Mostly a win/win for everybody, and a bit of recognition it would cost us more to fight for peace again than to maintain peace. The tradeoff in what we pay is that (if conventional) any war would be fought over there and we have less to lose/protect. If nuclear, nobody wins anyway, so it doesn't much matter. Until Russia and China are defanged, that's the way the world is going to be. Right now, we need to be forming a Pacific version of NATO.

Reactions: norrislakevol
What self-defense was Kosovo in 1999?
Had your Russian homies not blocked the UN from acting directly on their own resolution it wouldn’t have been NATO. This is also when soon after KFOR began operating the bald dwarf began sucking up to NATO and was told hit the road. This isn’t the first time you’ve brought up this particular instance of stupidity.

Reactions: AM64 and BeardedVol
All this made me wonder again how the Korean War could have been a UN conflict - I'd never bothered to look it up. Obviously the USSR should have blocked the UN action, but they were boycotting the UN because the Chinese commies weren't the Chinese representatives at the UN. So that just left the USSR and China free to ignore the UN and support N Korea. As is, the UN is a pretty worthless organization because as the two aggressors in the world; Russia and (since 1971) China can effectively block UN action for any schiff they stir. The UN unless restructured is neutered and a eunuch as far as peacekeeping goes.

The vote to dump Taiwan and pick up the Chinese commies was by initiated by Albania ... one of the commie bloc.
You’re right, but to be fair, us too.

Reactions: AM64
I'm hoping Ukraine kicks Russia's ass and sends them home demoralized and castrated. I just oppose paying for it.
Would you also be opposed to reaping the benefits of it? You don't have to answer I know you wouldn't be.

VN Store

Back