War in Ukraine

Yes, and it's a good point.

If 25% of the U.S. wasn't able to vote and your choice lost - would you accept it? Of course not.

As it is only accusations of fraud without evidence are enough for people to question the outcome, forget about millions of actual votes being silenced.

What if the electorate of Texas, Florida and Tennessee were suddenly unable to vote for POTUS, would you be OK with the outcome of the election if your guy didn't win? Be honest.

If Putin invaded the US it would not be against second amendment havens live you mentioned above. Honestly.

See what I did there?

So what is your idea? Let Putin have Ukraine like we did Crimea? Just let Russia slowly creep around usurping little countries because "it's not our problem?"

You do realize eventually the Europeans will begin to doubt our willingness and ability to stand up to Russia. Is that in America's long-term interest?

Is allowing China to usurp the South China Sea in our interest or should we challenge their claims?

As much as I'd want to only defend our soil and our soil alone, we need to be the leaders of the world or someone else will be.

Perhaps we should worry about our biggest threat first (China) Russia is not by up farm land in the US at an alarming rate. And yes let Europe at least attempt to figure it out first.

If Putin invaded the US it would not be against second amendment havens live you mentioned above. Honestly.

See what I did there?
Don't be ridiculous. If Putin or anyone else tries to invade the US it will be Article I, Section 8, Clause 12 that does the job. While I'm a big believer in the 2nd Amendment, I'm a much bigger believer in the United States military when it comes to armament.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Don't be ridiculous. If Putin or anyone else tries to invade the US it will be Article I, Section 8, Clause 12 that does the job. While I'm a big believer in the 2nd Amendment, I'm a much bigger believer in the United States military when it comes to armament.

Don't disagree. But his obvious aim in the post was what he does. I did the exact same thing he did. But do not discount the fact we have the second amendment as contributing factor as to why countries would not be likely to invade this country

Perhaps we should worry about our biggest threat first (China) Russia is not by up farm land in the US at an alarming rate. And yes let Europe at least attempt to figure it out first.
As I stated before, we neutered Germany and Europe is largely useless. I think only Germany and the UK have a bigger economy than Texas.

These are useless little countries who don't really have much going on for the most part.

Don't disagree. But his obvious aim in the post was what he does. I did the exact same thing he did. But do not discount the fact we have the second amendment as contributing factor as to why countries would not be likely to invade this country
Countries field professional soldiers for a reason. I don't do my own major plumbing nor electrical work because professionals will do it much much MUCH faster and more efficiently.

Would I defend my home? Sure. Would I be foolish enough to think I could defend my home against professional soldiers? Uh..... I've been to Ft Hood and hung out. Somehow my AR doesn't look very fearsome when you watch professionals work.

I'm not anti-2nd at all but it's about personal family defense. Fighting soldiers with just the available small arms is a death wish. Let's be real.

As I stated before, we neutered Germany and Europe is largely useless. I think only Germany and the UK have a bigger economy than Texas.

These are useless little countries who don't really have much going on for the most part.

That is why trump pointed out the lack of 2% of GDP spending on defense for NATO. We then catch up the slack and they then point out our supposed social and "climate" deficiencies.

Countries field professional soldiers for a reason. I don't do my own major plumbing nor electrical work because professionals will do it much much MUCH faster and more efficiently.

Would I defend my home? Sure. Would I be foolish enough to think I could defend my home against professional soldiers? Uh..... I've been to Ft Hood and hung out. Somehow my AR doesn't look very fearsome when you watch professionals work.

I'm not anti-2nd at all but it's about personal family defense. Fighting soldiers with just the available small arms is a death wish. Let's be real.

Are you French?

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Are you French?
😂😂😂😂 No, I'm old and realistic. I no longer have to posture that citizens who don't train intensely for combat are going to be in any way successful against better armed, more disciplined, regularly trained professional soldiers.

It's obvious you're still in the "posturing" phase.

That is why trump pointed out the lack of 2% of GDP spending on defense for NATO. We then catch up the slack and they then point out our supposed social and "climate" deficiencies.
By and large, even if they upped their contributions, as I think some have, they're not very economically robust countries (and that's as polite as I can say it....... keeping it real: they're poor. They don't generate a lot of revenue.)

😂😂😂😂 No, I'm old and realistic. I no longer have to posture that citizens who don't train intensely for combat are going to be in any way successful against better armed, more disciplined, regularly trained professional soldiers.

It's obvious you're still in the "posturing" phase.

Rifledropper

Rifledropper
😂🤣😂🤣 When you think of it, it's insulting to the men and women who train hard and regularly to protect us to say "If it came down to it, the citizens could......"

Really? REALLY? Would you say to a professional welder: "If it came down to it, I could do just as well as you!" Of course not.

Hey Peyton, if you'll throw me that ball, I can place it just as accurately as you ever did. C'mon.

Why insult our troops to insist a bunch of untrained citizens have a chance against their training? It's more than little disrespectful.

Reactions: tvolsfan
😂🤣😂🤣 When you think of it, it's insulting to the men and women who train hard and regularly to protect us to say "If it came down to it, the citizens could......"

Really? REALLY? Would you say to a professional welder: "If it came down to it, I could do just as well as you!" Of course not.

Hey Peyton, if you'll throw me that ball, I can place it just as accurately as you ever did. C'mon.

Why insult our troops to insist a bunch of untrained citizens have a chance against their training? It's more than little disrespectful.

Not to disparage anyone but we have more well trained civilians than combat troops these days.

😂

I wouldn’t think twice about it because he’d agree if he had an ounce of sense. Take a moment to think about what I posted.
Yeah, it's disrespectful as hell to the men and women who train regularly to defend us to suggest civilians are as well trained.

There are more halfway trained civilians for sure but I've had a little jujitsu training but I'm not ready walk up to a Gracie trained instructor who makes his living training and say.... "There's a lot more self trained jujitsu civilians than instructors."

It's just disrespectful.

Yeah, it's disrespectful as hell to the men and women who train regularly to defend us to suggest civilians are as well trained.

There are more halfway trained civilians for sure but I've had a little jujitsu training but I'm not ready walk up to a Gracie trained instructor who makes his living training and say.... "There's a lot more self trained jujitsu civilians than instructors."

It's just disrespectful.

Ok so you haven’t thought about it.

These are raw numbers and not broken out for branch, MOS or age.

There is about 1.5 million active duty soldiers right now, there is about 16 million veterans.

Reactions: LouderVol and AM64

There is about 1.5 million active duty soldiers right now, there is about 16 million veterans.
Again, those who currently serve, currently train, and currently are in the position to defend us deserve more respect than that.

Previous service DOES NOT MEAN still trained.

It's as if he's looking at the ground shouting water but not even aware it's raining

Again, those who currently serve, currently train, and currently are in the position to defend us deserve more respect than that.

Previous service DOES NOT MEAN still trained.

It’s not disrespectful to say there are more well trained civilians than active combat troops. It’s fact.

Again raw numbers but there are only about 25,000 active duty 11Bs (infantry) in the Army right now. How many of us veterans do you think were 11Bs?

Reactions: AM64 and vols40

VN Store

Back