War in Ukraine

They’ve gained back a good deal of territory and are holding their own. Somehow I’m guessing whatever they do wouldn’t have been enough my porcine friend?

I was just asking, haven’t seen it being discussed much here or elsewhere. I figured if it was going well y’all would be here rubbing it in the noses of the doubters.

Reactions: StarRaider
I was just asking, haven’t seen it being discussed much here or elsewhere. I figured if it was going well y’all would be here rubbing it in the noses of the doubters.
I don’t think it’s going badly. But they aren’t sprinting across territory by any means. They are making costly gains and I don’t think that’s going to change even if they get the magical F-16s. I’m frankly more interested in the political implosion of Russia than day to day gains in Ukraine right now. As long as Russia continues with self immolation Ukraine will continue to advance. But that doesn’t mean they advance will be a sprint. It would be nice to see them bust thru one of these heavily fortified areas and have fairly open terrain that they could consolidate quickly but that obviously hadn’t happened yet. The biggest battlefield story by far is Russia is still unable to close the deal largely due to their own incompetence

Reactions: AM64
1) Russians built multiple defensive lines and littered them with mines.

2) Ukraine lacks the air power needed to push through the front.

Now wait, when it says "procurement", is that the purchasing of materials and weapons or is that the processing, planning and bookeeping of weapons and materials? Just want an understanding of what that graph is showing.

Also, what is covered under "operations and maintenance"? Military personnel wages/salaries would be covered under some of that, but are these operating and maintenance costs also paying military contractors to perform these tasks?

Reactions: StarRaider
I don’t think it’s going badly. But they aren’t sprinting across territory by any means. They are making costly gains and I don’t think that’s going to change even if they get the magical F-16s. I’m frankly more interested in the political implosion of Russia than day to day gains in Ukraine right now. As long as Russia continues with self immolation Ukraine will continue to advance. But that doesn’t mean they advance will be a sprint. It would be nice to see them bust thru one of these heavily fortified areas and have fairly open terrain that they could consolidate quickly but that obviously hadn’t happened yet. The biggest battlefield story by far is Russia is still unable to close the deal largely due to their own incompetence

So it looks like another winter stalemate and maybe an effective offensive in summer 2024?

VN Store

Back