War in Ukraine

Reactions: AM64 and Hunerwadel
That was said over a year ago by some, and the war still rages on.
That's the funny thing about these Putin bros. The vast majority of us in here have said Russia will win. It's just going to be absurdly expensive on all levels. Yet that's twisted to "Ukraine will march on Moscow." Russia is mocked bc we are almost 500 days into a 3 week war.

That's the funny thing about these Putin bros. The vast majority of us in here have said Russia will win. It's just going to be absurdly expensive on all levels. Yet that's twisted to "Ukraine will march on Moscow." Russia is mocked bc we are almost 500 days into a 3 week war.

Right. Russia will likely end up with some territory in the end, how much remains to be seen. I just don't see Ukraine pushing them all the way out. I guess that in the end it may be considered a "win" in the end for Russia, but at what cost? This, as I predicted last fall, has ended up as a bloody stalemate. World War I style trench warfare. That is a very slow and bloody way to fight a war. A couple of things are for sure after this is over though: 1) Ukraine will build a very large military after this. 2) Russia will never want to attack them again, and will think twice before attacking any other neighbors.

Right. Russia will likely end up with some territory in the end, how much remains to be seen. I just don't see Ukraine pushing them all the way out. I guess that in the end it may be considered a "win" in the end for Russia, but at what cost? This, as I predicted last fall, has ended up as a bloody stalemate. World War I style trench warfare. That is a very slow and bloody way to fight a war. A couple of things are for sure after this is over though: 1) Ukraine will build a very large military after this. 2) Russia will never want to attack them again, and will think twice before attacking any other neighbors.

Yep. Then comes EU and NATO membership = rebuilding infrastructure and military. Russia's three day SMO may turn out to be the creation of a behemoth.

Ah crap, Richard Haass and people like him who served in W's administration and some guys from Obama administration who couldn't get a job with the Biden administration. I'm guessing you can't be much more irrelevant in the Trump dominated Repub party than a career internationalist.

Just a bunch of "on the outside and missing it" has beens trying to get back in the game.
At least they are trying to negotiate a peace, which is more than the dipshits in the current administration

And wtf you just had to make it about Trump.

Last edited:
At least they are trying to negotiate a peace, which is more than the dipshits in the current administration

And wtf you just had to make it about Trump.

Corruption and the cheerleading for military industrial complex makes for strange bedfellows. We should all be for peace. The thing about negotiation or mediation is finding a solution when neither side wants to back down. Instead the Biden regime is enjoying the conflict. They get to infuse their propaganda on it.

Cluster bombs? Aren't they dangerous to civilians? Surely we can do better than this.
I found out yesterday why they are sending them. Apparently, they are the only 155mm shells they have left to give Ukraine. And you are correct. Many of the bomblets do not explode on initial impact, but are left behind... waiting to be exploded later on by children, civilians, livestock, etc.

I found out yesterday why they are sending them. Apparently, they are the only 155mm shells they have left to give Ukraine. And you are correct. Many of the bomblets do not explode on initial impact, but are left behind... waiting to be exploded later on by children, civilians, livestock, etc.

Where was your outrage during the last year, when Russia was dropping them on Ukraine?

Spare me your concern when you said nothing about the leveling of Mariupol, Bakhmut, or the daily air strikes on civilians in Kyiv and other Ukrainian cities.

So bombing residential buildings in lviv (a thousand km from the front line) with no military value is morally on par with using cluster munitions to clear out dug in orc invaders? Gotcha!
Lviv is the gateway to Poland, where the most NATO weapons and "advisors" enter the country.

Cluster bombs? Aren't they dangerous to civilians? Surely we can do better than this.
Coming straight from the horses mouth. The US is having to scrape the bottom of the barrel now to find 155mm shells. All those shells from South Korea and Israel are spent. Also, for the last 17 months, the propagandists have been telling us that it was Russia running out of missiles and ammo. Nothing but projection...

CNN Exclusive: Biden says sending cluster munitions to Ukraine was ‘difficult decision,’ but ‘they needed them’

The White House announced Friday that the president had approved the transfer of cluster munitions to Ukraine, the latest instance where the US has provided Kyiv with weapons it initially resisted sending into the war.

“It was a very difficult decision on my part. And by the way, I discussed this with our allies, I discussed this with our friends up on the Hill,” Biden said, adding, “The Ukrainians are running out of ammunition.”

The interview will air in full on “Fareed Zakaria GPS” on Sunday.

The cluster munitions that the US will send to Ukraine will be compatible with US-provided 155mm howitzers, a key piece of artillery that has allowed Ukraine to win back territory over the last year.

Biden told Zakaria that the cluster munitions were being sent as a “transition period” until the US is able to produce more 155mm artillery.

“This is a war relating to munitions. And they’re running out of that ammunition, and we’re low on it,” Biden said. “And so, what I finally did, I took the recommendation of the Defense Department to – not permanently – but to allow for this transition period, while we get more 155 weapons, these shells, for the Ukrainians.”

Spare me your concern when you said nothing about the leveling of Mariupol, Bakhmut, or the daily air strikes on civilians in Kyiv and other Ukrainian cities.
That is untrue and you know it. I've been here since 2013/2014 warning you that this would be the result if the US continued down the path of bringing NATO to Ukraine. This should have never been a conflict had the US stayed out of Ukraine.

That is untrue and you know it. I've been here since 2013/2014 warning you that this would be the result if the US continued down the path of bringing NATO to Ukraine. This should have never been a conflict had the US stayed out of Ukraine.

This would never have been a conflict if the Russians stayed on their side of the border either. No matter how badly you want to blame the West it is the Russians who started this war in 2014.

And show me where you condemned Russian artillery fire that destroyed town after town and resulted in civilians being killed. I must have missed that.

Lviv is the gateway to Poland, where the most NATO weapons and "advisors" enter the country.

Did they hit an ammo depot? Did they take out military advisors? No and no. They just did their typical Russian terrorism on the civilian population, a campaign that you continue to support because Russia doesn't tolerate gays.

Reactions: AM64 and Hunerwadel
Also, are the Russians "targeting" civilians, or are they targeting legitimate military positions that are being established in a manner that makes them "human shields"?

Also, I don't see this same passion when it comes to the US and Israel bombing wedding parties and goatherders.

VN Store

Back