War in Ukraine

Closet fans of Putin who want Russia to win.
Which actually means, that you seek truthful news sources that cite that Ukraine is losing 1000 infantry per day and that you’re not for a blank check of US tax dollars wasted. Or, that you’re not for the catastrophic loss of life on both sides. That obviously means you’re a Putin bro, am I right?

The issue with the assertion is it assumes a correlation not proven. That’s it. And pardon me for not taking the word of Trump that he was the driver in the lack of invasion from 2016 - 2020.

But what is absolutely clear is none of the prior three admins made any real effort to curb s full out invasion until it occurred after we witnessed the initial aggression in 2014. If it is worth pushing the invaders out in 2022 then it was worth pushing them out in 2014.

He said post a link and I found multiple and posted on two occasions. Guy could have Googled easy and found my point but he just wants to be an ahole and argue.

No, the UK had a “government of national unity” during World War II and didn’t hold an election until Germany was defeated. And they weren’t under threat in remotely the same way that Ukraine is under threat.

Literally 1/4 of their electoral base was scattered throughout the world fighting the Axis. I would say that, percentage wise, they were even under pressure more than Ukraine.

Which actually means, that you seek truthful news sources that cite that Ukraine is losing 1000 infantry per day and that you’re not for a blank check of US tax dollars wasted. Or, that you’re not for the catastrophic loss of life on both sides. That obviously means you’re a Putin bro, am I right?

Not sure what the "truthful" news has anything to do with it. I was simply stating what I considered to be pro Russia.

And anybody really claiming they're for peace and saving lives should actively be demanding Russian soldiers go back to their own country.

He said post a link and I found multiple and posted on two occasions. Guy could have Googled easy and found my point but he just wants to be an ahole and argue.
And I just googled and found several counter points. In fact one referenced Putin’s stated opinion of Trump which did not indicate fear of him and held his actions. You’re free to assert this all you like. I just don’t buy it nor do many others.

The issue with the assertion is it assumes a correlation not proven. That’s it. And pardon me for not taking the word of Trump that he was the driver in the lack of invasion from 2016 - 2020.

But what is absolutely clear is none of the prior three admins made any real effort to curb s full out invasion until it occurred after we witnessed the initial aggression in 2014. If it is worth pushing the invaders out in 2022 then it was worth pushing them out in 2014.

I posted multiple articles... your turn. Find articles that disagree. Go Google the topic. I notice you won't actually check which is my problem. People arguing who haven't even bothered to read or study up on the topic.

Not sure what the "truthful" news has anything to do with it. I was simply stating what I considered to be pro Russia.

And anybody really claiming they're for peace and saving lives should actively be demanding Russian soldiers go back to their own country.
What entails this demanding? Giving all the money?

I posted multiple articles... your turn. Find articles that disagree. Go Google the topic. I notice you won't actually check which is my problem. People arguing who haven't even bothered to read or study up on the topic.
Top two hits on my google. Admittedly one is Politico which I know will Homer fairly left. But the Hill is going to be more centric.

No, Trump would not have stopped Russia’s invasion of Ukraine

Opinion | Why Didn’t Putin Invade Under Trump? It Wasn’t Personal.

And on the point you ducked why didn’t Trump act in 2016 to evict the invaders per the agreement we entered in 1994?

And I just googled and found several counter points. In fact one referenced Putin’s stated opinion of Trump which did not indicate fear of him and held his actions. You’re free to assert this all you like. I just don’t buy it nor do many others.
Just curious, if not for the agreement, would you still be for current involvement?

Just curious, if not for the agreement, would you still be for current involvement?
I think it’s worth supporting yes. This is the best foreign policy money we’ve spent since Lend Lease like I said yesterday. But I’ve said I do believe it to be a largely European problem and they are feckless for not leading the way.

My opinions have changed over the last year and a half. While I do think we should help while never sending troops I didn’t feel we were obligated. I absolutely feel we are obligated to send lethal aid now however.

Reactions: AM64 and Burhead

I would be. We can't allow the rules based international order that existed since the end of the Second World War to go away. It will lead to more instability, more wars, more economic issues, and eventually larger conflicts.

I think it’s worth supporting yes. This is the best foreign policy money we’ve spent since Lend Lease like I said yesterday. But I’ve said I do believe it to be a largely European problem and they are feckless for not leading the way.

My opinions have changed over the last year and a half. While I do think we should help while never sending troops I didn’t feel we were obligated. I absolutely feel we are obligated to send lethal aid now however.
How can one say it is worth the cost when one hasn’t gotten the check?

I would be. We can't allow the rules based international order that existed since the end of the Second World War to go away. It will lead to more instability, more wars, more economic issues, and eventually larger conflicts.
I do think Europe would be leading the whole effort here. They are reaping decades of letting the US handle their defense via their under funding of NATO I believe. Going forward they should correct that. And we saw the shift in funding contrasted in a graph here in the last couple of days. But the major economies of Europe should do more it’s their continent after all

I would think maintaining the peace and stability of a continent that resulted in two wars that killed a combined 125 million people would be an important idea...
At what cost? The longer this war goes on, the worse it gets for Ukraine. I’m certainly no fan of the Russian regime, just like I’m no fan of the Ukrainian regime. Neither, care about their people. And what of Russia? If anything it proves that Russia is no military super power.

VN Store

Back