War in Ukraine

We are over 34 Trillion dollars in debt.

We broke.
Then we were more "broke" during WWII.

Yet here we are 80 years later.

We do need to tamp down the rate of deficit increase, agreed. But our fed government is far less "broke" than individual households nationwide.

Also, given the generational spending to win the cold war, quitting now during the hot war would make Ronnie spin in his grave.

saupload_a_us_annual_gdp_national_debt_1791_2010_log.png

You let me know when a single US politician gets elected by declaring a war on spending, and actually follows through with balancing the budget.

View attachment 651189
Hasn't happened. Isn't likely to happen.

I have principles even when our leaders do not.

We have no money. Therefore we have no money to give. Maybe yall can have a bake sale or something to raise funds.

Then we were more "broke" during WWII.

Yet here we are 80 years later.

We do need to tamp down the rate of deficit increase, agreed. But our fed government is far less "broke" than individual households nationwide.

Also, given the generational spending to win the cold war, quitting now during the hot war would make Ronnie spin in his grave.

View attachment 651240
Peace time versus wartime, Monty. Have your opinion but don't be ridiculous.

Your sacred cows deserve a diet just like mine.

Reactions: LouderVol and hog88
You let me know when a single US politician gets elected by declaring a war on spending, and actually follows through with balancing the budget.

View attachment 651189
1718968539091.png
A classic exponential equation. This has to stop, and yes, Ukraine is a drop in the bucket. Funding illegal immigrants cost us more every year. Soon we will not even be able to service the debt. Then what?

Reactions: InVOLuntary
View attachment 651253
A classic exponential equation. This has to stop, and yes, Ukraine is a drop in the bucket. Funding illegal immigrants cost us more every year. Soon we will not even be able to service the debt. Then what?
I wonder, how many times "drops in the bucket" philosophy has been used over the last 70 years to approve of spending? And how much the cumulative a/effect costs us each year?

It's a rhetorical, of course.

I wonder, how many times "drops in the bucket" philosophy has been used over the last 70 years to approve of spending? And how much the cumulative a/effect costs us each year?

It's a rhetorical, of course.
That would probably be represented properly by yet another exponential equation.

Reactions: McDad
And no amount of reduction in the comparatively miniscule amount spent on aiding Ukraine, will stop the federal government from deficit budgeting.
I trillion dollars in debt interest each year.

1/4 of taxes collected go to just paying the INTEREST in our debt.

we have to stop spending everywhere. and the first place that should be cut is foreign aid.

I trillion dollars in debt interest each year.

1/4 of taxes collected go to just paying the INTEREST in our debt.

we have to stop spending everywhere. and the first place that should be cut is foreign aid.
Agree. Except a minor edit on your last sentence. We are past the point of where we should start. A poster (jmac?) in another thread said this am to start with social programs. In my opinion, that is still looking at the problem from a political perspective.

View attachment 651253

Well, that is the rub isn't it. The hairless monkeys have no ability to exponential grow more than a generation or so i.e. interest, yet the system requires the exponential growth.

Eventually, the system will have to collapse... it was always a matter of when i.e. reset.

GQlC5IJWYAAgL5F

Well, that is the rub isn't it. The hairless monkeys have no ability to exponential grow more than a generation or so i.e. interest, yet the system requires the exponential growth.

Eventually, the system will have to collapse... it was always a matter of when i.e. reset.
I am afraid you're correct. I really don't want it to be that way, though.

Sush child. Adults are discussing

IMG_3416.gif

Reactions: volfanhill
Yeah. I'm hoping it continues as long as possible, hopefully the rest of my nature life, but...
I don't want my kids or grandkids to go through the consequences. From what I understand of collapsed economies via hyperinflated currency, it isn't fun. But my grandparents managed the great depression. I guess my heirs can manage the great inflation.

VN Store

Back